I'm calling it now.... (a prediction thread)

vodkainferno

Dec 31, 2009
Zepren said:
Intelligent robots will be created
Is that a megaman reference? I remeber MM2 saying in the year 20XX.. so that may be this year....

OT: I expect people to be idiots, and for the news media to be the source of the Intelligence Void... again

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
rynocerator said:
Alan Wake is all a big dream sequence, or will involve a sizeable dream sequence at the very least.
Alan Wake.
A.Wake.
Awake.
I don't see the connection.

Anywho:

The new Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is going to be a hit with the box office, a dud with critics.

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
Cataclysm will be pure win and bring back most subscribers that left.
HG and SS will be way better than any other pokemon game, and will be in the top 5 games or the year.
SW:TOR will do better than Warhammer and AoC combined, but will not do as well as WoW.
Halo: Reach will be twice as awesome as any game for the 360 this year.
Another Halo will be announced to shut down everyone thinking its the end to one of the biggest money making franchises this side of 2k.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
The Wii2 will come into being by 2012. It won't be as popular as its predecessor, despite enhanced graphics, greater connectivity to the Internet, and fully 3D control from its outset; critics will say the game abandoned too much of what made it attractive with the "casual" gaming crowd without shrugging off enough of its "kid-friendly" image to draw in the "hardcore" gaming crowd. In time, it will find its footing, but it will be in much closer competition with its console siblings.

Some smaller gaming companies will come into being, but one of the large ones will no longer exist in its present form.

Many game series with Japanese origins will turn to American teams and American themes for later installments and "spin-off" versions in an attempt to reinvigorate the industry. This will not be a productive move.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
Humans will continue to be bickering, annoying, tarts; filled with contempt for one another and love for the self.

Water will continue to be a major point of contention in south and south-west Asia.

Politicians will be currupt.

The average individual will be happy so long as they are allowed to scrape by.

Crowghast

Aug 29, 2008
All the growth hormones and genetic modifications in our food will turn the American people, long considered to simply be gaining weight, to turn into unstoppable masses of momentum. And they will roll all over the world, trampling, eating, crushing and eating whatever comes between them and more food.

I also predict that I will be in a safe location far away from it all. Likely on a Pacific island of sorts, surrounded by water.

Also, all the awesome, futuristic technology in development gets put out after 2012. Not that I believe the world is going to end... it's just that the suspense would probably murder me before I got my hands on that new teleporter.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
Mass Effect 3 will get a lot of praise for it being more of the same.

Yahtzee will review and probbaly dislike Silent Hill Shattered Memories

Batman Arkham Asylum 2 will be marked off as an Expansion Pack that tries too hard to invoke nostalgia of the first while contributing nothing new and be written off as a limited appeal cult classic

Moviebob will see Tron 2 and gush nonstop about it.

That's it for me.

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
Irridium said:
People will ***** that Fable 3 didn't live up to the hype.

Even though he overhyped his games twice, people will still believe him. Anyone who believes what Peter Moleneux says deserves to be disappointed.
Unfornately, my prediction is that people across the world won't be getting any smarter, and will keep falling for overhyped games.

But I quote you for an entirely different reason: I have to say your avatar is the most awesome I've ever seen in any forum!

"The Karateka Dance"! Just... WOW!

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Callate said:
Many games with Japanese origins will turn to American teams and American themes for later installments and "spin-off" versions in an attempt to reinvigorate the industry. This will not be a productive move.
Give this man a cookie, for he has spoken the truth. I have no cookie though, sorry :(

In other news:

Natal will succeed commercially, but remain a gimmick as developers try but fail to adapt traditional games to it.
The PS3 motion controls will be a stillborn.
Activision will continue it current course; releasing a Call of Duty and two music games per year, consistently recording solid profits. They will be known by the general public as the greatest videogame publishers in history.
PC gaming will reinvigorate behind the scenes, through digital distribution. However, they will vanish completely from retail shelves.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 will be released in 2012.
The Chinese will complete their first Aircraft carrier sometime between 2015 and 2020.
One of the major videogame publishers will attempt to support innovative and original IPs, and will record massive losses. Demonstrating beyond a shadow of a doubt that sequels and serializations are the only ways to make money on console games.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
December 22, 2012

The world will end. God picks December 22, because everyone thinks it will be the 21st, and God just loves screwing with people.

Aug 17, 2009
I will have a severe internal conflict about whether Mass Effect 2, Fallout New Vegas, or Monster Hunter 3 will be my game of the year.

Fable 3 will pleasantly surprise me, but the Natal implementation will be superfluous.

Oh, and I hopefully will have my prayers answered.

AfroNinja117

Oct 18, 2008
Zombie Apocalypse will happen on december 21st 2012, and anyone who plays Left 4 Dead will survive to tell the tale of how video games saved their life.

On a brighter note, Mass Effect 3 will be released on time and will be the jesus reincarnate of video games

Also, Chuck Norris will die

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Indiana Jones 6 will reverse all expectations and become the litmus test by which all film greatets is judged from now on.

All pop music will be destroyed forever, and rock and roll will make a big comeback. Simon Cowell will be tried and executed for crimes against the art form of music.

Tomb Raider will release another game, which will be awesome (see above point regarding Iniana Jones 6)

Mass Effect 3 will be delayed.
Aha, I like these. Good sage-ing, mi amigo.

OT: Natal will either be as good as crack, or as disappointing as stepping on a rusty needle on a beach. (nowhere in-between)

Cambridge will realise their horrific mistake an order every copy of the Twilight Saga in the UK to be burned on Stephanie Meyer's birthday, as some form of horrific torture for the poor, deluded woman, who will then progress to kill herself by jumping into the ocean. Insert further irony here.

Peter Molyneux will be killed by a horde of Lionhead fanboys who have been disappointed just that one time too many.

Them Crooked Vultures will release their sophomore album (woohoo)

Jesus' second coming will manifest itself in the form of an unusually sentient gherkin

Roman Polanski will buy his disgusting, perverted ass out of all charges, only to later be arrested for something else.

Oh, and:

TheNumber1Zero said:
All glory will be given to the Hypnotoad.
ALL HAIL THE HYPNO TOAD