I'm....Confused about my Zodiac Sign.

Altaries

Jan 31, 2010
I recently read the personality traits of my sign,Libra,And I felt It didn't suit me.
I read the Scorpio's traits as well,and that just feels more true. It says they have some of the deepest emotions and most passionate relationships. To think someone's emotions and opinions are more intense than my own just feels impossible. I was born on sept. 24,so i'm pretty sure I'm not getting the dates mixed up. It's not that I don't want to be a Libra,It just dosen't seem right. Do they just not affect your personality? I always believed they did.
Guess I was wrong though.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
They only mean something if you believe they do. It's really just a generalization based on statistics.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I may be a Capricorn but some of the traits don't quite describe me. But I don't put any faith into that sort of thing. Half the time the daily horoscopes are so vague that 8 or 9 of them happen to me.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I was born Sept. 27, so I'm a libra as well.

I somewhat agree with it, but the zodiac is fucking bullshit. The stars can't predict your future or tell who you are deep down.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
According to the Zodiac, I'm a Taurus. Yet according to the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a monkey.

They're not exactly something to take too seriously, Unless I really did get promoted in a job I don't have 15 times now.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
It's okay, I don't match a Sagittarius. However, my Myers Briggs personality type is eerily accurate.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I feel a lot of Pisces traits suit me better but I missed out on it by 2 days so I'm an Aries, though a lot of those characteristics suit me too.

But on the other hand, it's all bollocks.

Altaries

Jan 31, 2010
Thank you for your answers,I never really took as a religious sort of seriousness,but I did really believe it did reflect upon everyone's personalities in some way.

I won't take it as seriously before :3

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
It's okay, I don't match a Sagittarius. However, my Myers Briggs personality type is eerily accurate.
That's because your myers-briggs is actually based on a measurement of you.

-m

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I'm a scorpio, and I don't have a clue as to what it means, and even if I did I doubt that the relative position of the planets and stars really has anything to do with how I live my life.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
it doesnt matter at all, its totaly based on giving a general desciption that a large enough of the population can agree with so they will think is refers to them

simonides

Nov 26, 2009
I am not saying I believe or do not believe in astrology. This is simply for your information, AnimePanda. Take it for what it is.

Astrology is actually much more complex than the simple "what sign were you born under" and "newspaper horoscope" approach. There are actually many signs that have an influence on your personality according to astrologists. The "sign you were born under" refers to your "sun sign", the constellation through which the sun was passing when you were born. Many astrologists actually believe that a more important factor is your "rising sign", the constellation that was on the eastern horizon at the time you were born. You also have a "moon sign". Furthermore, each planet's position in the sky relative to the signs of the zodiac and what are called "houses" all play an important role.

Astrologists cast what is called a 'birth chart' to make determinations about personality. The birth chart is basically a diagram of the sky at the exact time you were born as it appeared at the place where you were born. Sun, moon, and rising signs play a role, as do the positions of each planet relative to each sign of the zodiac and each house. Such charts are very specific to your birth.

True horoscopes are similar - pictures of the sky at specific points in the future.

Whether you believe it or not is up to you. But newspaper horoscopes are basically 'astrology lite'. The actually workings of astrology are very interesting, regardless of what you believe, and it is a very ancient science. If you are really curious, there are a number of websites that will create an accurate birth chart and horoscopes for free or for a small fee. For fun, you might even make an appointment with an actual astrologer and have a birth chart done up. At the very least, anything that encourages self-reflection can be a learning experience even if you don't buy the mystical mumbo-jumbo.

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
To quote Weird Al:

"Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least a bit unlikely
that the relative position of the planets and the stars could have
a special deep significance or meaning that exclusively applies to only you,
but let me give you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions
are all based on solid, scientific, documented evidence, so you would have
to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single one of them is absolutely true."

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
DeadlyYellow said:
That's because your myers-briggs is actually based on a measurement of you.

-m
That is true. A person's logical processes and behavioral habits provide more basis for personality than a set of dates based on astronomical layout. However, any test that caters to a wide selection of people is prone to generalization which seems largely the cause of disagreements.

Of course, it could be that certain behavioral patterns were more enforced and enacted during times when astrology held more meaning. Thus keeping a generalization to monitor a crowd, while causing disagreement with the individual. This is only speculation, as I am not entirely brushed up on the principles behind the Zodiac.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I was born under the Shadow. I just couldn't pass up the ability to turn myself invisible for a minute once per day.