I'm new here: What're these forums like?

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
j0z said:
Welcome!
You mean some new people actually read the guidelines? I think I slipped into the twilight zone!
I was going to do my escapist breencast, but someone beat me to it.
Wait... YOU came up with that? Nice man, Nice.
I probably wasn't the first, but I normally do it if no one else has yet.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
j0z said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
j0z said:
Welcome!
You mean some new people actually read the guidelines? I think I slipped into the twilight zone!
I was going to do my escapist breencast, but someone beat me to it.
Wait... YOU came up with that? Nice man, Nice.
I probably wasn't the first, but I normally do it if no one else has yet.
Well, I got there first... and why is there a massive vein sticking out of my hand. Excuse me, I must deal with this.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well...don't be a dunce. That should about do it provided you've read the posting guidlines and assorted moderator-created threads. I'm sure everyone has covered the important parts already(and I don't know why I'm bothering to post after them) but two things I'm mentioning anyway are grammar and spelling. Use them and use them well, judging by the posts I've already seen you make, this won't be a problem at all, but I feel I have to mention it because of the sheer amount of Escapists who don't employ any sort of grammar or even attempt to spell their words correctly.

Anyway, welcome to the community(for whatever that's worth).

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
iggyus said:
But is it ok to kill them without taking a picture?
You have to find them the old-fashioned way as well.

OP: Familiarize yourself with the mods and staff, don't post one-word replies or pictures without some sort of sentence to back them up, don't insult other users, and read the guidelines and you should be fine.

For the record, anyone whose name is any color other than black?
You should probably listen to them.
Yeah right, why?

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Neonbob said:
SmartIdiot said:
Yeah right, why?
...because those people are the ones with the power to ban you.
*sigh* This is the only burden of the internet really. It's not always evident when someone's being a sarky bastard.

For the record, I was.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
SmartIdiot said:
Neonbob said:
SmartIdiot said:
Yeah right, why?
...because those people are the ones with the power to ban you.
*sigh* This is the only burden of the internet really. It's not always evident when someone's being a sarky bastard.

For the record, I was.
...I, uh...I knew that...
I'm just going to go over into the corner...for a few minutes.
[sup]Rassum frassum inability to decipher text correctly...[/sup]

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
Welcome to the Escapist. Kudos to you for being a smart first time poster. Don't screw with Max, friend Suiseiseki IRL, don't post a picture with one sentence, and you'll have Neo in no time.

No-one important

Aug 6, 2009
Xandus117 said:
Famous Escapists (in my opinion): MaxTheReaper, Indigo Dingo, Purple Rain, Neonbob, Internet Kraken, xmetatr0nx, Captain Oblivious, xxhazyshadowsxx, and NoMoreSanity
I actuall looked all of those up. How is [user]Indigo_Dingo[/user] famous? He got banned a while ago.

Also, I appreciate it when people use correct grammer (you get a cookie if you find out how this statement is ironic).
Is it ironic because, languages being by no means static, there is no true grammar?
Or is it because you misspelled grammar?

Dr.Poisonfreak

Apr 6, 2009
Welcome to the escapist newcomer, and may the lord have mercy on your soul.

Just kidding, as the others have already said, no trolling, no flame wars, and no vs/religion threads.

Also get to know your mods, they are here to help so why not see what they do.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
No-one important said:
Xandus117 said:
Famous Escapists (in my opinion): MaxTheReaper, Indigo Dingo, Purple Rain, Neonbob, Internet Kraken, xmetatr0nx, Captain Oblivious, xxhazyshadowsxx, and NoMoreSanity
I actuall looked all of those up. How is [user]Indigo_Dingo[/user] famous? He got banned a while ago.
Ahhh, Indigo. He was, errmm, interesting, to say the least. Basically just a very obnoxious PS3 fanboy. I normally don't like calling people fanboys, but he really was. Got half the forum roused up in fury on more than one occasion.

Oh, and hi :)