Im not a noob...Im just better than you =)

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
infinity_turtles said:
omega 616 said:
infinity_turtles said:
Than you can use an overpowered weapon. Problem solved. You have the option to deal with it, so it's fair. If you play rock-paper-scissors, but refuse to use rock, the other person isn't being unfair by always choosing scissors. You're just playing with made-up rules that only affect you.

It seems you're equating your personal fun with fair. They're two different concepts. It's not like this is a case where it's some special thing where you have to be on one side to win, right? Everyone has access to it. That's fair. You saying "I don't have fun that way so I won't do it even if I could" doesn't make it unfair. It means you don't enjoy it. Complain about the balance issues if you want, because it could be unbalanced, but don't say it's unfair for someone to do something you can but won't.

So yeah, unbalanced does not mean unfair if everyone can use what's unbalanced.
Wooosh!

In your example you missed my point, the cheap move is lava it melts rock and scissors and burns paper ... why use anything else if you can win/draw all the time using that? So everybody starts using it 'cos who wants to lose so by trying other things like your encouraged to do your punished by people who want to win, who knowingly use overpowered weapons.

I never mentioned anything about fairness, I never said cheap tactics weren't fair, I said there cheap. If your ok with being a cheap player then don't be hurt when you get called cheap.

If a majority says something is cheap and the minority says all is fair, either it's a case of "everybody else is wrong, I am right" or we live in a democracy, which ever you prefer really.
You stated another broken example though. is that broken example capable of beating the other? Also, is it actually impossible to beat someone using that weapon, or just more difficult? It's not like the gun is bloody Akuma or anything.

Also, you said

don't comment on the usage of the word cheap, I know the argument "if it's in a game it's fair play and using it isn't cheap" ... yes it is cheap, if know something gives you an unfair advantage and you use it, your cheap.
Italicized for emphasis.
Keep in mind I have slept since my first post [insert lol here].

I don't know how to put this without making it sound like I am altering the original post, so I will have to just go about it bluntly.

I don't mean your guaranteed a win every time you come face to face with somebody, I have killed UMP users with the FAL (without a head shot). I would bet if you got a UMP from MW2 and placed it against any other gun that isn't considered over powered in the hands of equally skilled players, out of 1,000 kills the UMP would have the higher amount of kills.

So while you are playing within the rules and boundaries of the game, you are exploiting an over sight in the games balance.

In short, it's still cheap to knowingly use over powered things in a game. It also makes it really boring!

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
Ever heard the phrase "the poor worker blames his tools"? That person had such an inflated ego he couldn't admit that he sucks, and blames his death people using something, no matter how dumb the claim is.
People like that are everywhere, I would get used to it.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
omega 616 said:
infinity_turtles said:
omega 616 said:
infinity_turtles said:
Than you can use an overpowered weapon. Problem solved. You have the option to deal with it, so it's fair. If you play rock-paper-scissors, but refuse to use rock, the other person isn't being unfair by always choosing scissors. You're just playing with made-up rules that only affect you.

It seems you're equating your personal fun with fair. They're two different concepts. It's not like this is a case where it's some special thing where you have to be on one side to win, right? Everyone has access to it. That's fair. You saying "I don't have fun that way so I won't do it even if I could" doesn't make it unfair. It means you don't enjoy it. Complain about the balance issues if you want, because it could be unbalanced, but don't say it's unfair for someone to do something you can but won't.

So yeah, unbalanced does not mean unfair if everyone can use what's unbalanced.
Wooosh!

In your example you missed my point, the cheap move is lava it melts rock and scissors and burns paper ... why use anything else if you can win/draw all the time using that? So everybody starts using it 'cos who wants to lose so by trying other things like your encouraged to do your punished by people who want to win, who knowingly use overpowered weapons.

I never mentioned anything about fairness, I never said cheap tactics weren't fair, I said there cheap. If your ok with being a cheap player then don't be hurt when you get called cheap.

If a majority says something is cheap and the minority says all is fair, either it's a case of "everybody else is wrong, I am right" or we live in a democracy, which ever you prefer really.
You stated another broken example though. is that broken example capable of beating the other? Also, is it actually impossible to beat someone using that weapon, or just more difficult? It's not like the gun is bloody Akuma or anything.

Also, you said

don't comment on the usage of the word cheap, I know the argument "if it's in a game it's fair play and using it isn't cheap" ... yes it is cheap, if know something gives you an unfair advantage and you use it, your cheap.
Italicized for emphasis.
Keep in mind I have slept since my first post [insert lol here].

I don't know how to put this without making it sound like I am altering the original post, so I will have to just go about it bluntly.

I don't mean your guaranteed a win every time you come face to face with somebody, I have killed UMP users with the FAL (without a head shot). I would bet if you got a UMP from MW2 and placed it against any other gun that isn't considered over powered in the hands of equally skilled players, out of 1,000 kills the UMP would have the higher amount of kills.

So while you are playing within the rules and boundaries of the game, you are exploiting an over sight in the games balance.

In short, it's still cheap to knowingly use over powered things in a game. It also makes it really boring!
As have I, but the idea that something is unfair because it's not perfectly balanced was my main issue. Also, if there is a counter strategy to something other than using that one specific thing, it seems a bit scrubbish to decry it as cheap or noobish.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I don't play Modern Warfare 2, I play good games. Like Halo 3! Right, guys?! ... Guys?

On Topic: When I did play MW2, I only ever used Party Chat, as most of the people who play MW2 are really young, or obnoxious.

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
Wait... If it's a Noob gun, How come he got killed by it?
Doesn't that make him worse then a noob, by that kind of logic?

...Eh. Whatever.

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
I always giggle like a mad school girl when I'm called a "noob". Because then I usually proceed to make their virtual egonostic heads explode with my M200. Haha, hahaha, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! >:D

Jun 11, 2008
Noob has nothing to do with your skill level more how you act. Being prententious, arrogant that you are the best even though you are using a cheap gun or weapon which is easy to get kills with. I don't mean you have to go around with a pistol and only using irrelevant perks to make it easy for people I mean using balanced things. For example in GW there have been 2 builds that I have seen were in their day way overpowered and complete bollox as to counter them was very situational. These were the R/N Toucher and the Signet Smite Sin thing. Both were extremely easy to use with no strategy required. The former required you spam keys 1 and 2 with the odd 3 and maybe another key for the odd defensive stance. While the latter required you to press the keys 1-7 in succession and to spam off a massive combo with knocklock. No choosing when to strike and no setting up of it just wait until rechrage and repeat. Just plain old spam.