I'm your mother and "I can do whatever I want" attitude

Kailat777

Oct 28, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
ciortas1 said:
Stop whining, you rich sod with 3 bathrooms in one house.
Wow, the amount of people screaming, "you should have to suck it up because I'm poor and can't afford 3 bathrooms!" is astounding. Just because we have 3 bathrooms, doesn't make us rich, the jealousy here is absurd. So is the entire lack of courtesy.
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Sorry, I had to do that. Anyway, I can understand that (and to a slightly lesser extent, why) you're upset. However, the fact remains that the whole 'thanking her for waking you up' think means you got an attitude before she got an attitude. Now, the correct way to handle this may be to talk to your mother (or, indeed, both of your parents) and tell her that you'll keep the bathroom clean yourself from now on. I'd also recommend apologizing for the way you handled the situation earlier, and she may respond in kind (and if she doesn't, you should be content with the fact that you were the bigger person).

The whole 'complaining about the situation to people who don't know you on the internet' thing rarely helps any situation.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
HG131 said:
jasoncyrus said:
HG131 said:
As I said in my earlier posts. It's not hard to sleep through a vacuum. I've slept through HAMMER DRILLING right below my bed.

Plus theres always earplugs or simply growing some balls and manning up. He got woken up ONCE. He's just being a whiny douchebag and probably listens to Justin "I have a vagina" Bieber.
Oh, you're one of THOSE people. The testosterone filled people who go "BE A MAN! MAN UP! WHAT ARE YOU, A PUSSY?! GROW SOME BALLS MAN!" I've learned that the best way to deal with that is to just ignore the offending people.
Ignore away then. Still doesn't change the fact that he's whining like a 12 year old girl who lost her bieber poster.

But yeah, man up or gtfo the internet, tired of hearing you pathetic weak willed tweens whining about how bad you have it when there are still people getting shafted by the economy.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
HG131 said:
jasoncyrus said:
Jiraiya72 said:
ciortas1 said:
Wow, the amount of people screaming, "you should have to suck it up because I'm poor and can't afford 3 bathrooms!" is astounding. Just because we have 3 bathrooms, doesn't make us rich, the jealousy here is absurd. So is the entire lack of courtesy.
I have 4 bathrooms, stables, giant polebarn, a creek and 80 acres of land. =)

So yes...you're whining like a little girl, get over it.
Oh, so not only are you one of those BE A MAN idiots, you're my least favorite type of person thing with a heartbeat (as far as I know), a rich person. Nice.
Not rich no. Just smart when it comes to buying property in a shitty housing market. Low prices mean epic deals =) if you guys stopped whining for 5 minutes you might actually learn something about economics.

But anyway I have to go sleep now in my nice big king sized bed in my epic house i got for 1/5th asking price and then make $1500 for a 2 hour wedding photoshoot tomorrow morning...at 9am =)

Life is good when you actualy get your ass into gear and DO soemthing productive with your life instead of whining like a little spoiled BRAT. =)

Peace out, my whiny little sisters =)

Jun 13, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
The Maddest March Hare said:
OP makes no mention of working night shifts
Jiraiya72 said:
I also work mostly night shifts.
Damn, last time I saw this thread it was still on the first page. I only replied to the posts that had quoted me rather than reading the entire thing.

In that case I apologise. Your mother does indeed need to learn common courtesy since you have a valid reason to be sleeping at 9am.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
My mum doesn't do that. I wake up at 6.00AM anyway so it wouldnt bother me, but then I clean shit and make sure things are tidy. then I go on computers etc. before helping her out at the field with horsey shit. I don't even like the horses I just do it because she asked. AND SHE GAVE BIRTH TO ME.

saxist01

Jun 4, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
Edit: @Everyone. Stop assuming I do no work and I'm a lazy "teenager". You have no idea if I pay rent to stay over here or how much work I actually do, This whole issue is about common courtesy, not how much work I do or do not do.
Doesn't matter if we know you or not, or if you do any work around the house. You're acting like a little ***** to your mother and you should be thanking her for doing the (apparently thankless) task of keeping your ass outta of a garbage pile.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
saxist01 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Edit: @Everyone. Stop assuming I do no work and I'm a lazy "teenager". You have no idea if I pay rent to stay over here or how much work I actually do, This whole issue is about common courtesy, not how much work I do or do not do.
Doesn't matter if we know you or not, or if you do any work around the house. You're acting like a little ***** to your mother and you should be thanking her for doing the (apparently thankless) task of keeping your ass outta of a garbage pile.
If you had bothered to read instead of looking down from your skyscraping high horse, you'd have seen I pay for my own stuff.

Kailat777

Oct 28, 2008
HG131 said:
Kailat777 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
ciortas1 said:
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Sorry, I had to do that. Anyway, I can understand that (and to a slightly lesser extent, why) you're upset. However, the fact remains that the whole 'thanking her for waking you up' think means you got an attitude before she got an attitude. Now, the correct way to handle this may be to talk to your mother (or, indeed, both of your parents) and tell her that you'll keep the bathroom clean yourself from now on. I'd also recommend apologizing for the way you handled the situation earlier, and she may respond in kind (and if she doesn't, you should be content with the fact that you were the bigger person).

The whole 'complaining about the situation to people who don't know you on the internet' thing rarely helps any situation.
Being the bigger person just means people walk on you more. He shouldn't have to be miserable just because otherwise she'll torment him. That's just messed up.
You assume too much (as do I, I must admit). The fact is, nobody here knows this guy or his parents, so there's no way of knowing if there was even any malice (or 'passive aggressiveness') involved in her decision to clean his bathroom while he was still asleep. Case in point: if my mother did something like that, it would certainly be intentional. If my sister did that to one of her children, it's just that she's an idiot and didn't realize that he wouldn't be able to sleep through it. The only things we know are:
1. His mother intentionally or unintentionally woke him up.
2. He responded to this with an attitude.
3. She responded in kind.
4. He took the battle to the internet.
Nobody really knows what needs to be done but the topic creator himself, if even he does. Chances are his mother doesn't even realize that the thing this morning was even an issue and she's already forgotten about it. So yeah, a second approach would be 'just let it go'.

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
Le_Lisra said:
Yes, the issue the OP had isn't very hard, but it is part of something that pisses me off too, which is even more strongly present in what others posted as well.

There are always (and why is that?) somewhere parents who go out of their way to be annoying with silly (!) and trivial stuff that should not be a problem at all.
My mother has a tendency to practically plug her ears and try and drown out your voice when she feels she's losing an argument. How am I supposed to respect that as a valid argument? You're right, there wouldn't be an issue if there were some sort of mutual respect, but when someone uses their age and says it automatically makes them intellectually superior, they're just being childish and ineffectual. This usually means to me that the person in question is incapable of supporting their own opinion with fact or reason.

Also, there's something wrong, and somewhat depressing, when you spend, what is, basically, half of your life trying to understand each and every nuance of the English language due to the fact that one might be tired of being intellectually body-checked by their father. Not necessarily just this, as it's made me a better conversationalist, but when you do this only to find that your opinions are still null and void because you are still legally a child, it pretty much kills any respect one may once have had for the other person involved.

In my opinion, one cannot demand respect if he isn't willing to be worth respecting, or if they aren't willing to reciprocate respect where it has been deserved. I know people that refuse to listen to an intelligent, effective business partner of theirs, who is damn good at his job, simply because the man is still in his 20's.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0
Don't be so angry over this, it isn't worth it. Just try to fix your probably and be happy. Discuss this with your mother without a attitude and try to move out if you have to resort to it.

Shisho95

Dec 24, 2009
I hate that soo bad! When she (or he) pulls that i just ignore em' once i didn't utter a word to my parents for about 4 days. After that they gave up :D

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Yeah, sounds like you have a mom who likes to make herself feel powerful by doing inconveniencing others. Maybe she should get out more and do something.

I don't have much of an issue with that around my house, but the biggest thing that gets on my nerves is parents yelling down the stair at me. First, they are well aware that when I'm in my room I tend to close the door and put music on (not blaringly loud, but enough that it's difficult to hear what's going on in the rest of the house). Yet, they will shout down at me several times with increasing volume each time, until I hear them and have to run up.

Normally, not a big deal and I realize this. But, they'll act all offended that I didn't hear them the first time. Also, I was raised by them to go get somebody yourself when you want to talk to them, not shout at the to come to you. It's common courtesy, and yet there's the "I'm the parent" attitude. "Do as I say and not as I do" is the most irritating parenting advice I've ever heard from someone.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Hey, she made that decision to clean their house. It's not his fault she decided to do that. Seriously, how often do they even need cleaning?
If you do something right away, it never needs to be done later.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It's called life, these things happen. 9am is a pretty decent time, heck that's one hell of a sleep in for me in general since I'm usually up at 5am to leave for work.

Sure, it may be annoying, but I pay rent in a flat and have three other people living here. They've woken me with similar stuff on my days off, but they didn't do it with the purpose of waking me, so there was no point getting mad. Besides, it's your mother, she raised you. I wonder what you said to her that got that reaction, if you were calm and asked nicely what she was doing sh may have apologized for waking you up.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Reading through some of the replies on this thread, the only question that lingers on my mind is "What the fuck is wrong with you guys?".
Seriously.
This is the fuckin' Escapist, populated mainly by gamers. And we like to stay up late, usually.

I get it that half of you have some kind of placebo-driven insomnia, but seriously, why should anyone wake up at 9AM? Maybe some people like to sleep? Have you guys thought about that? Also, I seriously agree with Jiraiya. You guys don't know how much of the rent he pays, how much household chores he does etc.
Also, instead of being some kind of 'justice bringer to a rowdy teenager', even you guys should realize that cleaning the house in the most inconvenient spot and at the most inconvenient time is an action that lacks common courtesy, and makes his mother kind of an asshole.

And even though my mom is often unreasonable dealing with a lot of things, she doesn't pull the "I can do whatever I want" card TOO much. That said, it happens, and it's really annoying.