Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

predatorpulse7

Jun 9, 2011
Zacharious-khan said:
If it turns out that an Assassin accidentally killed Lincoln I'm going to laugh followed by buy the game again. looking forward to it anyway
:)

I would be very surprised if they didn't shoehorn this assassination in somehow.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/ac3.aspx

this one give a much closer detailed pic of the new assassin.

i really like it honestly..not sure what others don't like about it but i guess aesthetic design is pretty damn subjective so whatever. i mist say its really odd to not see any hidden blade but the tomahawk will do.

Honestly i'm not sure what people were expecting here, an American ancestor was kind of inevitable given we were progressing further and further towards Desmond directly.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
predatorpulse7 said:
Vuljatar said:
For the last time, the complaints about the "lack of big cities" are incorrect. New York, Philadelphia, and Boston were plenty big in that time period and had plenty of large buildings.

And those of you who complain about the setting being overused, PLEASE give me some examples of games that use the same setting. I can't think of a single one off the top of my head.
I don't think it's this setting per se but this being another game about the US, in a industry flooded with americanism.

AssCreed was one of the few series free of that, we had classical european settings, middle eastern(around the crusades) and many of us were hoping for a push further east(china/japan) or maybe even into egypt. Going west again(worst of all, modern western setting) is plain disappointing.
Out of the series of, what, 9 games, this is the only one set in America. 1/9 does not equal a flood.

I would have been delighted to have an AC game set in feudal Japan, but if we can't have that (and there is still time for them to make that... and I hope they do) colonial America is my second choice.

And for the people that are gonna accuse me of antiamericanism - check out the threads on various internet forums where americans themselves wonder why they don't get to play as other nations besides themselves, they complained that there is a overabundance of US themes and that they could use some diversity in their games.
I do see more than a little antiamericanism in this thread (big surprise, amirite?), but not from you.

I expected a less cliched outing from Ubisoft.
In what way would you define it as cliche?

EDIT: I forgot to add, I agree 100% with everyone in favor of a female protagonist voiced by Jennifer Hale. That would be the best thing that could ever happen to the series.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Jegsimmons said:
Radoh said:
Jegsimmons said:
i will buy this if they drop everything relating to desmond, that bullshit space conspiracy, and anything that isnt about a gang of assassins ruining people shit.

but i know it wont so...fuck it. this series jumped shark long ago.
Jumped shark as in some guy in the somewhat future is reliving the memories of his ancestor because his genetics is a grand tapestry of recorded information?
You mean the first ten minutes of the first game?
yep. also the near future will be awkward when we actually hit that year and the series is still going.
It is the year this is taking place.
The whole thing is built around 12/21/2012 and how that's when the Templars are setting a system that will control people and sending it into space.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
JoesshittyOs said:
willofbob said:
Oh, and the American Revolution is not an interesting time period. Here's what happened: America was sick of the high british taxation rate and, instead of just complaining, or sending a guy, they sank a British ship. The war started then, but the Brits really weren't all that into it. They didn't really want to hold on to the colonies, they just fought as a matter of principle. Then the French joined in, siding with the Yanks, and Britain pulled out because America was far more trouble than it was worth.

In other words: Shame on you Ubisoft for abandoning whatever awesome idea you had come up with in favour of this blatant pandering to the American market. I hope you realise that now the only people who will uy this game are Yanks, now, right?
Dude... That was three hundred years ago.

Let it go.
I'm Aussie.
My country wasn' even around back then. I'm just tired of Yanks treating the Revolution like it was some great and noble thing. Just take a note from our friends the russians and just try to forget about it.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
willofbob said:
JoesshittyOs said:
willofbob said:
Oh, and the American Revolution is not an interesting time period. Here's what happened: America was sick of the high british taxation rate and, instead of just complaining, or sending a guy, they sank a British ship. The war started then, but the Brits really weren't all that into it. They didn't really want to hold on to the colonies, they just fought as a matter of principle. Then the French joined in, siding with the Yanks, and Britain pulled out because America was far more trouble than it was worth.

In other words: Shame on you Ubisoft for abandoning whatever awesome idea you had come up with in favour of this blatant pandering to the American market. I hope you realise that now the only people who will uy this game are Yanks, now, right?
Dude... That was three hundred years ago.

Let it go.
I'm Aussie.
My country wasn' even around back then. I'm just tired of Yanks treating the Revolution like it was some great and noble thing. Just take a note from our friends the russians and just try to forget about it.
Why? You're clearly overwhelmed with an irrational hatred based off of the extremely biased and almost entirely unfactual stereotype of the typical "America! Fuck Yeah" person. It's the same as me thinking that you ride Kangaroos and throw boomerangs. Not to mention your rather laughably incorrect sparknotes view of how it all went down.

And in terms of how history goes down, it is one of the few great and noble things that this country can feel proud of. It marked the downward spiral of the British Empire throughout the world, and was one of the few countries to be formed without a bloodline or ridiculous Government type.

Seriously, this is the reaction you get to the time period? It's... ridiculous.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Xangba said:
willofbob said:

You don't know much about the Revolution, do you?

OT: Not convinced this is real. That would require a change in the formula of the game with it's heavy melee fighting, roof climbing, ect. And we all know that developers don't change a formula mid-series. Or ever sometimes.
Okay, then, what's YOUR version of events.

Oh, and this isn't just "Americuh sux", this is deeper. The point of Assassin's creed is different time-periods, nations, etc. For America, they already have Desmond. They should have set this in Britain, France, Germany or Russia. Wait until the 20s and 30s for an American game, so we have more time to explore various other cultures. Colonial America just seems like a pretty dumb setting for me.
Nevertheless, I was still pretty angry when I posted that. Knowing Ubisoft, they'll make it work somehow. I just find it hard to work up enthusiasm.

P.S. Has there ever actually been a game with a non-American Hero in which the Yanks are the villains?

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
willofbob said:
Xangba said:
willofbob said:

You don't know much about the Revolution, do you?

OT: Not convinced this is real. That would require a change in the formula of the game with it's heavy melee fighting, roof climbing, ect. And we all know that developers don't change a formula mid-series. Or ever sometimes.
Okay, then, what's YOUR version of events.

Oh, and this isn't just "Americuh sux", this is deeper. The point of Assassin's creed is different time-periods, nations, etc. For America, they already have Desmond. They should have set this in Britain, France, Germany or Russia. Wait until the 20s and 30s for an American game, so we have more time to explore various other cultures. Colonial America just seems like a pretty dumb setting for me.
Nevertheless, I was still pretty angry when I posted that. Knowing Ubisoft, they'll make it work somehow. I just find it hard to work up enthusiasm.

P.S. Has there ever actually been a game with a non-American Hero in which the Yanks are the villains?
The American revolution wasn't just some Yanks(Patriots) vs British(Loyalists). It also involved the French, Germans(Hessian), Spanish, Native Americans, African Americans(Slaves and Free men)

Xangba

Apr 6, 2005
willofbob said:
Well based on your post it does kind of scream "Americuh sux" due to the oversimplification (and factually wrong) statement. You fail to mention the many petitions sent, or the martial law, or the quartering of troops without consent, or the closing of Boston harbor, or the fact that the Brits basically didn't allow the colonists to trade with any other nation. The mindset of the colonists was that they were British citizens, and were entitled to the same rights. The Brits did not fight "as a matter of principle," they had just gotten out of a war and were not looking to run up more of a debt for "principle." They fought to keep their colonies and the money they brought in. As for "really weren't all that into it" well if you're referring to the fact that their entire military wasn't in the colonies you'd be right, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive transport time for troops and resources along with the numerous other nations they were dealing with. In fact about two lines were correct there; "they sank a British ship" and "Britain pulled out because America was far more trouble than it was worth." Well, an American and French alliance was far more trouble than it was worth anyway. Oh and the numerous other nations trying to take the British empire down. Nah let's just pretend the only thing they were dealing with was a bunch of colonists.

OT:Come to think of it if this is true I wouldn't be surprised if you play a part in the Gaspee...

Oh and as for your P.S. I have no idea, since I tend to have access to games made in or for America. Seriously though, and this is to everyone, the "AMERICUH SUX!!!!11!!!11!" Is just as bad as "GO AMERICA!!!!"

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Radoh said:
Jegsimmons said:
Radoh said:
Jegsimmons said:
i will buy this if they drop everything relating to desmond, that bullshit space conspiracy, and anything that isnt about a gang of assassins ruining people shit.

but i know it wont so...fuck it. this series jumped shark long ago.
Jumped shark as in some guy in the somewhat future is reliving the memories of his ancestor because his genetics is a grand tapestry of recorded information?
You mean the first ten minutes of the first game?
yep. also the near future will be awkward when we actually hit that year and the series is still going.
It is the year this is taking place.
The whole thing is built around 12/21/2012 and how that's when the Templars are setting a system that will control people and sending it into space.
god, when did this series become so stupid?
you could put "this is what scientologist actually believe" and it wouldnt be far off.

and way to date yourself ubisoft...thats always good writting.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Xangba said:
willofbob said:
Well based on your post it does kind of scream "Americuh sux" due to the oversimplification (and factually wrong) statement. You fail to mention the many petitions sent, or the martial law, or the quartering of troops without consent, or the closing of Boston harbor, or the fact that the Brits basically didn't allow the colonists to trade with any other nation. The mindset of the colonists was that they were British citizens, and were entitled to the same rights. The Brits did not fight "as a matter of principle," they had just gotten out of a war and were not looking to run up more of a debt for "principle." They fought to keep their colonies and the money they brought in. As for "really weren't all that into it" well if you're referring to the fact that their entire military wasn't in the colonies you'd be right, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive transport time for troops and resources along with the numerous other nations they were dealing with. In fact about two lines were correct there; "they sank a British ship" and "Britain pulled out because America was far more trouble than it was worth." Well, an American and French alliance was far more trouble than it was worth anyway. Oh and the numerous other nations trying to take the British empire down. Nah let's just pretend the only thing they were dealing with was a bunch of colonists.

OT:Come to think of it if this is true I wouldn't be surprised if you play a part in the Gaspee...

Oh and as for your P.S. I have no idea, since I tend to have access to games made in or for America. Seriously though, and this is to everyone, the "AMERICUH SUX!!!!11!!!11!" Is just as bad as "GO AMERICA!!!!"
i love politically incorrect (read as factual) history....puts a spring in my step and smile on my face.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
This thread is getting stupid now. Both people who like and those who dislike the setting of Revolutionary America are getting their history so terribly wrong.

predatorpulse7

Jun 9, 2011
Vuljatar said:
In what way would you define it as cliche?
It is cliche in the sense that it was the obvious thing to do(this or French Revolution/Victorian London) in time traveling framing devices, go from ancient/medieval times to modern times, almost in a automatic way. It would have been way cooler to actually stay in the feudal age(japan maybe) or maybe went back to china or ancient egypt. And I worry that the parkour/sword use will fall out of favor when we get to the gun age.

Vuljatar said:
EDIT: I forgot to add, I agree 100% with everyone in favor of a female protagonist voiced by Jennifer Hale. That would be the best thing that could ever happen to the series.
I agree and I give you the perfect candidate(as hinted by Revelations), cue chinese AssCreed

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Guy's face is a little odd, but then again we're not playing Bland McWhitey this time :p

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
predatorpulse7 said:
Here's a couple of supposed pics from neogaf forums. Looks cool if they are not fake.

Damn those look pretty cool, though the white robe kinda looks outta place for that time period...

But hes got like a mix of Ezio and Altair