In Regards to Wild West

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
Bobular said:
or if the Escapist recognises Haruhiism as a religion, then I can post weebyness in R&P.
How many people do we need to recognize it? As I will recognize it, to help spread chaos.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Silentpony said:
Didn't you make one here in Off Topic not too long ago, like maybe 2-3 months ago, and instead of getting a warning, it was just moved?
I remember because it made it look like I posted in the Wild West, because it was in response to the thread while it was in Off Topic.

I also vaguely remember a very click-baity gaming thread about some studio being bought by EA, but then it turns out they weren't and it was all a 'GOTCHA!' thread.
Holy hell, that was a long-ass time ago. One or two threads per 2-3 months is not a problem that requires the entire closure of WW.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Arnoxthe1 said:
Silentpony said:
Didn't you make one here in Off Topic not too long ago, like maybe 2-3 months ago, and instead of getting a warning, it was just moved?
I remember because it made it look like I posted in the Wild West, because it was in response to the thread while it was in Off Topic.

I also vaguely remember a very click-baity gaming thread about some studio being bought by EA, but then it turns out they weren't and it was all a 'GOTCHA!' thread.
Holy hell, that was a long-ass time ago. One or two threads per 2-3 months is not a problem that requires the entire closure of WW.
Well of course sure, I'm not saying you were responsible for the closure. I was just pointing out that WW threads have bled over into the other forums. So just playing live and let live with the WW wasn't always an option.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Silentpony said:
Well of course sure, I'm not saying you were responsible for the closure. I was just pointing out that WW threads have bled over into the other forums. So just playing live and let live with the WW wasn't always an option.
Sounds like a simple moderation problem.

Honestly, it seems like everyone wants to nitpick WW or find problems with it that don't actually exist just so they can see it shut down.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Arnoxthe1 said:
Silentpony said:
Sounds like a simple moderation problem.

Honestly, it seems like everyone wants to nitpick WW or find problems with it that don't actually exist just so they can see it shut down.
How is it a moderation problem? You're the one who posted - not saying you should have gotten a warning or that the WW should have been shut down because of it, but you can't blame the mods for something you did.

As for nitpicking, it sounds like from what OP said it was a wide-spread problem with call out and attack threads. Not sure its nitpicking if its a common problem.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
undeadsuitor said:
chocolate pickles said:
undeadsuitor said:
chocolate pickles said:
EvilRoy said:
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I can quite understand why you wouldn't agree though..
Is it because he's guilty of a thought-crime?

I mean, Breakfastman used the WW way more than you did, are you really going to insinuate that he wanted it gone because he's on the opposite end of the political spectrum than you?

Are you really going to start revising history a day after it happened?
Maybe its because it clearly made like no difference for him? First thread after WW closes and you and him are already teaming up on people just like old times. Seems like neither of you really needed the WW to do what you do. Its almost touching how you two lean on eachother.
This is a problem that definitely needs addressing: people like Suitor who are anti social, rude and passive agressive, but dress it up a bit so they won't be picked up by the mods.
I mean, you're not wrong. Like I posted before the site is just going to go back to how it was before the WW was introduced, exactly like that.

It's a shame for both me and you we have to hide our destructive behavior between a curtain of civility, when it was so much more fun to see what we could really come up with given free reign.

I think the WW taught us all a lesson though. It's okay to be homophobic, racist, transphobic, make fun of and call out 'sjws', have like a three month long meme cycle of telling everyone to kill themselves, and more

but just don't call zontar an incel. because that's the last straw.
I'm gonna miss it, man. We were like Batman and Joker. We had such good fun together, didn't we?
What are you talking about

you're clearly Calendar Man
Don't knock my boy Calendar Man (the main villain of the best Batman story every written) or I swear to god...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Okay.
Silentpony said:
Aaaaaaand....
Arnoxthe1 said:
This isn't about any one specific thread that triggered us mods to have a discussion about closing down access to WW. It's about the general tone and posting habits of people in WW that led to the decision of closing it down.

Stop the finger pointing and blame game, okay?

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
undeadsuitor said:
BreakfastMan said:
undeadsuitor said:
chocolate pickles said:
undeadsuitor said:
chocolate pickles said:
EvilRoy said:
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I can quite understand why you wouldn't agree though..
Is it because he's guilty of a thought-crime?

I mean, Breakfastman used the WW way more than you did, are you really going to insinuate that he wanted it gone because he's on the opposite end of the political spectrum than you?

Are you really going to start revising history a day after it happened?
Maybe its because it clearly made like no difference for him? First thread after WW closes and you and him are already teaming up on people just like old times. Seems like neither of you really needed the WW to do what you do. Its almost touching how you two lean on eachother.
This is a problem that definitely needs addressing: people like Suitor who are anti social, rude and passive agressive, but dress it up a bit so they won't be picked up by the mods.
I mean, you're not wrong. Like I posted before the site is just going to go back to how it was before the WW was introduced, exactly like that.

It's a shame for both me and you we have to hide our destructive behavior between a curtain of civility, when it was so much more fun to see what we could really come up with given free reign.

I think the WW taught us all a lesson though. It's okay to be homophobic, racist, transphobic, make fun of and call out 'sjws', have like a three month long meme cycle of telling everyone to kill themselves, and more

but just don't call zontar an incel. because that's the last straw.
I'm gonna miss it, man. We were like Batman and Joker. We had such good fun together, didn't we?
What are you talking about

you're clearly Calendar Man
Don't knock my boy Calendar Man, the main villain of the best Batman story every written, or I swear to god...
oh? Are we talking like...BTAS or his weird cameos in the Arkham games, or is there a really cool comic book story for him?
Dude, check out The Long Halloween. Hands down the best Batman story (The Dark Knight was partially based on it, but I honestly like TLH more than TDK).

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Actually I had a question on that - is the Wild West simply locked or was it removed? Like I can still see it in my drop-down list of subforums, its just a 404 page not found thing.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Silentpony said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Actually I had a question on that - is the Wild West simply locked or was it removed? Like I can still see it in my drop-down list of subforums, its just a 404 page not found thing.
It's there, for now.

It just makes it easier for us to move threads from there to wherever depending if an OP wants their thread moved. I know we've moved a couple already, but we're just waiting to see if anyone else wants their thread moved or not.

So, yeah, it's pretty temporary.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
It was me! I shut the place down with terrible behaviour that set new and disconcerting lows! I sure showed you all!

Sadly, like, all of the behaviour was right before the mods closed it, so none of you ever saw it. Just take my word for it.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I'm just sad that I won't be able to read the past threads.... I was planning on archiving PsychedelicDiamonds movie thread.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Marik2 said:
About 20-30 people aren't going to show up in the site.
Indeed.
I know that I won't be coming back here if the WW stays gone.
I'll just get my Yahtzee fix on youtube instead.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Bedinsis said:
And the change happened one day before the one year anniversary of one of the game threads. That's unfortunate.
Which one?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
This isn't about any one specific thread that triggered us mods to have a discussion about closing down access to WW. It's about the general tone and posting habits of people in WW that led to the decision of closing it down.

Stop the finger pointing and blame game, okay?
Well regardless, you guys say there was a problem which I really don't think exists. Now no one gets any choice now.