In Regards to Wild West

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Johnlives said:
But they've been bullying Zontar since it opened, why now?
Just a wild guess: someone was vulgar to a moderator in one of the trashy bully threads. And we can't have that, even though we're all squatters here on this derelict forum at this point, with nobody with the legitimacy of ownership conferring authority to them.

As for the "value" of WW, it's almost as if people didn't put any into it.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Souplex said:
Bobular said:
First my stall closes last week, then the place I spent most of my time whilst working at my stall closes?

Coincidence? I think NOT!
Indeed, first we remove the taint of Weeb from Tealand, then we remove the taint of WW from the 'Pist.

Let's see what other taints can be removed.
Rip Van Rabbit said:
I hope Bobular will keep posting somewhere. His threads were pretty interesting.
I guess I'll have to start posting weeby stuuf all over Off-topic then. Unless I can find a way to justify a way to justify it politically or if the Escapist recognises Haruhiism as a religion, then I can post weebyness in R&P.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I'm pretty pissed off right now, I can tell you. Dastardly move!
The "right side" calling themselves "the good guys" have yet again decided what's best for everyone, despite being against the voting majority, and be the ones who'll gain by being able to skirt or bend the rules if its done against "the enemy", while being absolved of any wrongdoings because of political bias in the Mod group.

Now we'll have no outlet to vent at all, especially when we see the same usual suspects get away with "literally murder".
We also won't be able to call them out, since we'll be hit with warnings for personal attacks and calling people trolls.
Reporting doesn't do much when both rule-breaker and rule-decider belong to the same group, but you can expect reports to increase dramatically..

I'd rather have a rule-free zone where people can out themselves than not being able to say anything for fear of the made-up "hate-speech" thought-crime rules.

I've still got the list of people who voted for or against the Wild West.
Would it surprise anyone to know that most of the Mods and the SJW's were against WW?

I can only echo this:
crimson5pheonix said:

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Bobular said:
Souplex said:
Bobular said:
First my stall closes last week, then the place I spent most of my time whilst working at my stall closes?

Indeed, first we remove the taint of Weeb from Tealand, then we remove the taint of WW from the 'Pist.

Rip Van Rabbit said:
I hope Bobular will keep posting somewhere. His threads were pretty interesting.
I guess I'll have to start posting weeby stuuf all over Off-topic then. Unless I can find a way to justify a way to justify it politically or if the Escapist recognises Haruhiism as a religion, then I can post weebyness in R&P.
Please no, Off Topic is a clean place.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Souplex said:
The rules apply in Off Topic and R&P. It won't be an issue.

Bobby, don't go around posting hentai pictures in Off Topic, you'll get warnings or banned. Its not worth it. Just go to 4chan's /h/ thread and post until your heart is content.

Vendor-Lazarus

Mar 1, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Considering the current climate of school shootings, the radicalization of the alt right, and even INCELS committing murderous acts of terrorism

i wouldn't be admitting you keep a list of people who wronged you ready at all times
AAANND I see it's back to the usual baiting soliciting of thought-crime wherein I should reply what people really commit terrorist acts.

The "list", is simply forum handles. Nothing illegal about that, nor suggestive. Unless you are given to think the worst of people, or have an agenda against some and try to twist the meaning as usual.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Vendor-Lazarus said:
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Considering the current climate of school shootings, the radicalization of the alt right, and even INCELS committing murderous acts of terrorism

i wouldn't be admitting you keep a list of people who wronged you ready at all times
AAANND I see it's back to the usual baiting soliciting of thought-crime wherein I should reply what people really commit terrorist acts.

The "list", is simply forum handles. Nothing illegal about that, nor suggestive. Unless you are given to think the worst of people, or have an agenda against some and try to twist the meaning as usual.
So...in order to protest thought-crimes, you're keeping a list of Users who thought something different than you? To what end? Have they committed a thought-crime?

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Souplex said:
Bobular said:
Souplex said:
Bobular said:

Rip Van Rabbit said:
Not for long...

Silentpony said:
Souplex said:
The rules apply in Off Topic and R&P. It won't be an issue.

Bobby, don't go around posting hentai pictures in Off Topic, you'll get warnings or banned. Its not worth it. Just go to 4chan's /h/ thread and post until your heart is content.
I've never posted hentai and don't think I'll be starting now.

Vendor-Lazarus

Mar 1, 2009
Silentpony said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:

So...in order to protest thought-crimes, you're keeping a list of Users who thought something different than you? To what end? Have they committed a thought-crime?
Again with the twisting of my words..
No, they are not guilty of thought-crimes. They can think whatever they want. Actions on the other hand are different.
What they shouldn't be able to do though, is take a vote, then act against said outcome of the vote.
Mods didn't have to involve themselves at all in the Wild West. They did that themselves, of their own accord.
Though heaven forbid there be a location wherein their politicized rules didn't apply.
Better to have everyone under their heel. To keep the opinion-corridor straight and narrow.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Vendor-Lazarus said:
So...they committed crimes against the Wild West? How so? Did they vote the wrong way? Did they vote against the WW, then continue to use it even though the WW was a place were rules didn't apply?
Was is just the vote? Or was there a petition going around?
And to be fair to the vote, which I'm guessing was a Yes/No on the WW, I'm also guessing that only people in the WW voted? So it was a majority of a minority that voted.
Hardly a site-wide majority.

Bobular said:
Well whatever it was you were posting that could only be posted in the WW, just keep in mind the posting rules.

Vendor-Lazarus

Mar 1, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Silentpony said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:

Again with the twisting of my words..
No, they are not guilty of thought-crimes. They can think whatever they want. Actions on the other hand are different.
What they shouldn't be able to do though, is take a vote, then act against said outcome of the vote.
Mods didn't have to involve themselves at all in the Wild West. They did that themselves, of their own accord.
Though heaven forbid there be a location wherein their politicized rules didn't apply.
Better to have everyone under their heel. To keep the opinion-corridor straight and narrow.
They asked people their opinions and the most opinions effected the decision

sounds to me like democracy
I'm guessing you saw me writing the word "pissed" and thought that you could apply your "skills" to accomplish a goal here.
Congratulations, you've marginally succeeded.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Vendor-Lazarus said:
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:

Dude, you are taking this whole thing way too seriously.

Vendor-Lazarus

Mar 1, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
undeadsuitor said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:

Dude, you are taking this whole thing way too seriously.
I don't know about "too seriously", but this is quite serious to me.
I can quite understand why you wouldn't agree though..

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Meh, never saw much value in it. Then again I always thought it stood in contrast with what I thought the community should be.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I don't know about "too seriously", but this is quite serious to me.
I don't think anything is serious enough to keep a list of names of the people who you feel have wronged you, my dude. Unless we are talking an Oldboy-type or Crow-type situation, but I kind of don't think that really applies here.