Incredible Animation: Videogame Characters Battle to Remain 2D

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Pretty neat ... shows the good things you can do with both 3d and 2d styles! And the way it takes the epic boss battle back, ultimately, to being a game of pong.. thoughtful.

I may be wrong, but isn't the wooshing power-up noise actually from FF7 or something?

And I'm not sure how, but I clocked it as being thoroughly french long before the credits. Like the japanese, they have a very distinctive animation style for some reason.

edit: Ghengis John... woo, quite a bit of bitterness there. Bad day at the office? Criticism is one thing, but man, what?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Xzi said:
Friggin' awesome. Kind of agree with the message, too. Good games now are better than good games were in the 8 and 16-bit days, but the ratios are way different now, too. 95% of games released now are shit, and 5% are absolutely amazing. Where as it used to be that at least 50% of games had something worth experiencing in them.
Boy, you be lookin' through some fine nostalgic spectacles there. It's always been that way. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon%27s_Law]

OT: That was interesting, though half the time I had no idea what was going on. As an animation buff, it looks pretty in some respects but it does get a bit too frantic and then it makes it look choppy. By no means is it bad, but it is a good animation overall. Just because it has a couple video game references doesn't mean it's automatically awesome though.

Dracosage

Feb 23, 2010
Mr Companion said:
Dracosage said:
Ehhh it wasn't that great.

Kinda boring if you ask me.
The people of the escapist are pretty hard to please it seems. This isn't the first time I have seen this kind of response to something that obviously taken a lot of time and effort and planning be completely disregarded in the comments section. I guess what I am saying here is that you should validate your argument that it was boring by creating a more exiting version yourself.

On another note your comment is almost certernately trolling anyway so whatever.

Edit: Actually I do dislike the message of the video so I goess I can sort of see where you are coming from but boring it was not.
Something takes a lot of time to do so I must like it and think it is awesome. Right. Just to make sure: you realize that it is possible for someone to say they don't like something and not have any real reason other than "I don't like it," right? Or do you just assume everyone who doesn't like something is automatically trolling? :/