Indie Mecha Combat Game Hawken Looks Incredible

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Wow. This is the first game in a while to impress me visually. Those environments!!!! Well, not so much the particle effects (smoke), but everything else makes my eyes boggle!

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
id love for this to be released he in the US. as a longtime armored core player this seems like a whole new style of mecha action and id love to get my hands on it

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
Doesn't do anything for me, personally. The way those 'bots were jetpacking around, twitching like the proverbial squirrel on crack etc. does NOT point to a mech game imho. It points to another ho-hum shooter with mech skins.

Real mechs have weight. The ground shakes as they approach. They are slow (most of 'em anyways), ponderous and have the weapons and armor to blow away anything that isn't another mech like swatting a fly.

Instead of having to plan out your attack, predict the enemies actions and implement a decent strategy, this game seems all about the twitch. Twitch better than the other dude, and you win. Even if he was smart enough to ambush you, spin round 180 in a fraction of a second and fire back.

No thank you... that's not mech. It's just another wannabe CoD clone with funky skins.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It does look good, but I have to say the footage doesn't give a very good sense of weight. I don't necessarily want to hamper the agility that Mr. Funk praises, but several tons of metal moving around should feel like it has some heft. Hopefully the physics of the thing will continue to develop.

alexxcodered

Feb 3, 2011
Wicky_42 said:
Anyone remember Phantom Crash on the original Xbox? Arcade-y arena mech shooter, and I loved it. I think this is channelling the spirit of its hi-def successor. this makes me very happy ^_^
hell yeah epic game

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
alexxcodered said:
Wicky_42 said:
Anyone remember Phantom Crash on the original Xbox? Arcade-y arena mech shooter, and I loved it. I think this is channelling the spirit of its hi-def successor. this makes me very happy ^_^
hell yeah epic game
Woo yeah, Phantom five! Man, I'd forgotten about this thread... has the game progressed any recently?

*checks Hawken bookmark*

NEW FUCKEN VIDEO :D :D

Sooo pumped for this now, lol ^_^

alexxcodered

Feb 3, 2011
Wicky_42 said:
alexxcodered said:
Wicky_42 said:
hell yeah epic game
Woo yeah, Phantom five! Man, I'd forgotten about this thread... has the game progressed any recently?

*checks Hawken bookmark*

NEW FUCKEN VIDEO :D :D

Sooo pumped for this now, lol ^_^
oh my god
its awesome =D
i can't wait now