Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
Coelasquid said:
psudonym said:
LACKT said:
Hey,I know that artwork style ,High five for /co/mrades!
Right back at ya. There are more about as well. And probably more I don't know who also entered.
Ahaha, I figured it was you from the name when I first saw you in the thread.
Heh, and there's never any mistaking you. I can't wait to see what you guys came up with, when we all can really let loose.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
Gerbil117 said:
toadking07 said:
Yeah, the atmosphere in here is stating to erode my face. Really hoping to get through this week and be done with this. Also, after the winner is announced,

A) We should all support said winner's comic and get it's name/links to it out on every other site we all go on!

B) those who want to should post their comics for review and critique

Just some ideas...
Well said.

I fear for the winner, whoever he or she may be. Judging from what has been said in this thread, there is going to be a LOT of hate.
Well, you know... If we don't win, that probably means that the guy who did win was better, plain and simple, it's not his fault. So losing has to be an opportunity to see where we went wrong and do better next time.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
toadking07 said:
boybokeh said:
Maybe I've been on teh internetz too long, but is this thread actually tense? For 1200+ posts I'm finding it remarkably calm.
I think we've had some close calls and some mounting tensions and what not, but yeah, nothing really big thankfully. Last thing I need is to get on here and referee some flame war while I wait for the winning announcement!
I don't see any kind of real hostility in any way around here... I've been understanding most of it as lighthearted comedy with each other... I mean, you have to have some comedy, otherwise it'd be plastic, like Golden Girls or shit like that.

I mean, when i see a discussion is going south, i get the hell out. Not gonna waste my precious time arguing when i could waste it looking at the ceiling and thinking about names that would also sound good for the protagonist of Star Wars instead of Luke Skywalker.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Indeed, I believe we have to support who ever wins.
We're all here for the same reason and we wouldn't want everyone hating on us.
Plus, you guys have kept me sane for the last month...

Ok, I say sane...
I mean, reasonably less insane.

No actually... you guys have made me insane.

It's all good though, we had some laughs... right?

I mean, what's a little mental breakdown amongst chums!?

boybokeh

Feb 27, 2010
Was just thinking about the suggestions [much] earlier in the thread that we do a comic jam. That's kind of happened naturally to some degree anyway, if you count the webcomic-thread-webcomics :D

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
It's really no skin off my back. It'll just be like any other job I apply for that I don't get. I wrote to like 30 studios before I hired by the one I was on with up until last month. There'll be other jobs, it's not worth getting too worked up about.

LACKT

Feb 17, 2010
Coelasquid said:
It's really no skin off my back. It'll just be like any other job I apply for that I don't get. I wrote to like 30 studios before I hired by the one I was on with up until last month. There'll be other jobs, it's not worth getting too worked up about.
{Rob Schneider face}:"Coela,the Pro-meister...the Man-imator!"

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
LACKT said:
Coelasquid said:
{Rob Schneider face}:"Coela,the Pro-meister...the Man-imator!"
s'like it says, Kelly's House of Manimation ;P

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
I honestly dont think we need to support the winner. I mean, he won, kind of doesn't need support at that point.

I say we support the losers with the previously mentioned idea of a group webcomic. Like we set up a rotating schedule where we each post a piece

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
aeroz said:
I honestly dont think we need to support the winner. I mean, he won, kind of doesn't need support at that point.

I say we support the losers with the previously mentioned idea of a group webcomic. Like we set up a rotating schedule where we each post a piece
How would you like to win and have no one support you, and you lose the contract?
I say we support whoever is putting out good work.
Winners or otherwise.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
RetroRobot said:
aeroz said:

How would you like to win and have no one support you, and you lose the contract?
Winners or otherwise.
Totally agree, but i still think the idea of a big gang webcomic bang is neat.

But i mean, if you guys really wanna do it, you have to start sometime, because it's very common for stuff like this to never move forward.

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
RetroRobot said:
aeroz said:

Winners or otherwise.
you have a point. and I do prefer the idea of helping everyone reguardless. can do the group comic thing and include the winner too. no reason why not

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
aeroz said:
RetroRobot said:
aeroz said:

Winners or otherwise.
you have a point. and I do prefer the idea of helping everyone reguardless. can do the group comic thing and include the winner too. no reason why not
Count me in. :)

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
ok
*gets out pen and paper... then remembers he has a computer and tosses them*

first is we need someone to coordinate everything. The guy to actually collect and post things. My only issue is if that guy wins he'll probably be too busy to do that. Maybe if we come up with someone and a back-up just in case.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
Casts a Shadow said:
This thread has been tragically beautiful.

I'm getting weepy just thinking about it fading away...it's like watchinga Greek Tragedy...spectacular and yet some sort of demise is fated to come without you ever looking away.
Haha, more like a GEEK Tragedy! Aw too easy...

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
aeroz said:
ok

first is we need someone to coordinate everything. The guy to actually collect and post things. My only issue is if that guy wins he'll probably be too busy to do that. Maybe if we come up with someone and a back-up just in case.
Maybe just assume interest with everyone who's spoke up about it for now, and when we get the results, we can use this forum to co-ordinate the colab. :)

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
RetroRobot said:
aeroz said:
ok

Maybe just assume interest with everyone who's spoke up about it for now, and when we get the results, we can use this forum to co-ordinate the colab. :)
yes waiting might certainly be the best idea, but we do need one person, or a small group to actually co-ordinate everything. otherwise we will just be tossing out ideas but no one will actually be doing anything. I mean we need an order and place to post them. I know knee-jerk reaction is just to post them in the forum but thats chaotic and I think it would be far better to have the discussion on them and where they are viewable as seperate locations.

We aren't doing this just to judge one another, we need to put it in a format thats easy for readers to simply enjoy our work