iPhone Jailbreaker Hacks PS3

fogmike

Jul 31, 2009
Well, sounds dumbass, but if he fixes PS2 games it's cool.

(Not that I'm messing with my godsole either - 60Gb, I have backwards compatability already)

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Rednog said:
John Funk said:
Julianking93 said:
John Funk said:
Julianking93 said:
How many times is this story going to be posted?
Only once as far as the News is concerned.
In the news section, yes its only been posted once, but Hardcore Gamer and Cartzo have both posted it in the last 24 hours.

Still a good article :D
News posts =/= forum posts. I've been over this like twenty times now. :p
Especially since the guy has 7k posts...you think it would be evident by now, maybe you should start giving out badges for people who are clueless.
I don't read news posts that often so I was unaware of the "news posts =/= forum posts" rule of thumb.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Well, he's not really breaking any laws unless he pirates something, then they can "get him".

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Bartiism said:
So you hacked what was supposedly the hardest system to hack currently being made, probably committed several electronic crimes in doing so and you went to the BBC????

STUPID F*CK!!!
Well if he hacked the PS3 which was supposedly un-hackable, then I'm sure he knows something about the laws he MAY have broken that SONY doesn't.

Jamface

Nov 9, 2009
So wait, he replaced some of the hardware??? surely its not a ps3 then, rather a ps modded 3.

Jan 3, 2009
Dont care, I already have backwards compatibility. I hope they do something actually positive with this. Maybe Sony can strike a deal with him so that even the OS and other shiz is now User Content filled.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Ummm, why should a PS3 owner care about this? A guy lost five weeks of his life hacking a console. So? Will anyone except him sleep better or something?

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
katsabas said:
Ummm, why should a PS3 owner care about this? A guy lost five weeks of his life hacking a console. So? Will anyone except him sleep better or something?
Apparantly so. Also if you guys genuinely think that anything un____able is gonna ever work your wrong. Lest we not forget a BBC presenter broke a "unbreakable" phone by smashing the screen against a fishtank. Good times.
Also the hacking thing makes me happy. Dreamcast emulator here we come :D (for ps3 anyways)

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
It was dumb of sony to say their system is unhackable, along with the bluray format. Maybe they'll learn their lesson and keep their stupid mouths shut. Unless they want their next big formats code to be put on the internet and the Colbert Report like bluray.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Sev said:
So, yeah, it's been hacked. Congratulations, you just turned the Trey in to a full-fledged computer seeing as you changed almost EVERYTHING. I can do that too you know, buy a Trey and replace everything so that it's a computer that looks like a Trey.
Your computer plays pirated PS2 games, does it?

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
DuplicateValue said:
Sev said:
So, yeah, it's been hacked. Congratulations, you just turned the Trey in to a full-fledged computer seeing as you changed almost EVERYTHING. I can do that too you know, buy a Trey and replace everything so that it's a computer that looks like a Trey.
Your computer plays pirated PS2 games, does it?
Nope, I'm not a pirate, matey. Yarrrrrr ;-)

Just saying that a chair is a barstool if you cut off the back.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Sony made a big claim and this guy laughed in their face and challenged the authoritai. I suppose some Kudos are in order?

Chumba

Nov 9, 2009
If this guy gets me by Bravia Sync for my EU 60GB model I will be happy.

As per the piracy problems that may ensue, well, shit happens. These kinds of discovery do create these dichotomous scenarios.

Then again, this guy broke open the iPhone, which in turn prompted the ability for running your own apps on your phone. Which in turn has made a money spinner for Apple, as well as creating a whole new flurry of creativity for aspiring programmers.

What this means is that it's up to Sony to make the best of this situation, and not act like the arseholes we've come to expect of them. This generation they've made the occasional PR blunder. The 'unhackable' thing being one of these things.

The even bigger sin would be to deny Mr Hotz his kudos. He is obviously a very talented guy and companies should be more keen to hire him to see how unhackable their products are. We'll use our TV Licence money to test unbreakable products :p

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Sony is going to be in deep, deep shit if it turns out they were just restricting us from playing PS2 games.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Chumba said:
If this guy gets me by Bravia Sync for my EU 60GB model I will be happy.

As per the piracy problems that may ensue, well, shit happens. These kinds of discovery do create these dichotomous scenarios.

Then again, this guy broke open the iPhone, which in turn prompted the ability for running your own apps on your phone. Which in turn has made a money spinner for Apple, as well as creating a whole new flurry of creativity for aspiring programmers.

What this means is that it's up to Sony to make the best of this situation, and not act like the arseholes we've come to expect of them. This generation they've made the occasional PR blunder. The 'unhackable' thing being one of these things.

The even bigger sin would be to deny Mr Hotz his kudos. He is obviously a very talented guy and companies should be more keen to hire him to see how unhackable their products are. We'll use our TV Licence money to test unbreakable products :p
SORRY just joking. He's only 20. But he's still pretty young.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
John Funk said:
iPhone Jailbreaker Hacks PS3

The hack, which could enable people to run "homebrew" software or pirated games (including PS2 titles) on the Sony console, took Hotz a paltry five weeks to develop - hardly an eternity, considering that the console has been out for over four years at this point.

I beg to differ:

geohot's PS3 blog said:
3 years, 2 months, 11 days...thats a pretty secure system

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.
EDIT: scratch that, I realize what you mean.

health-bar

Nov 13, 2009
tmujir955 said:
Sony is going to be in deep, deep shit if it turns out they were just restricting us from playing PS2 games.
step 1)get a ps3 console with backwards compatibility
step 2)buy a ps2 game
step 3)play ps2 game

congratulations, you are playing ps2 games on a ps3. just like Sony wanted you to be able to do.

and jesus christ if you break something go to the company that made it and say "i would like to show you how easy it is to break your system, pay me money and i shall improve your product" dont go tell the news.