iPod Explodes, Melts Kid's Underwear

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Gormourn said:
Kogarian said:
How does an iPod Touch explode?
I blame terrorists! haha.

... I have no idea. Maybe it just overheated or something. I doubt it can actually "explode", it's highly unlikely that it contains any or a sufficient amount of highly volatile materials.

... I hope. OR WE'RE ALL DOOMED!
24: episode 5.15 "When all things come to and end"

A group of terrorists has managed to get access to Apple's iSphere, from where special commands can be sent to ALL iPods and iPhones in the world, including one that forces the hardware to overheat dramatically and explode, due to an exponential algorithmic loop.

The terrorists are menacing the US government of burning and castrating millions of infidels if they don't obtain the removal of all DRMs.

Jack Bauer is sent in a remote town of Tennessee to infiltrate a local group of vocal Internet dissidents who could have ties with the terrorists, but falls in a trap and is left for dead.
Heavily wounded and immobilized in the collapsed basement of an old brick factory, Jack is left with no other solution but call for help. He notices he has a signal and tries to reach HQ on his cellphone, but suddenly stops.

What if the terrorists could make his own phone explode?...

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
On another note, funny how a lawsuit about a device that threatens the health of a person and has lasting negative social repercussions on this same person, comes out with a penalty of $150,000 top for Apple, but how a company like Microsoft threatening the sovereignty of a patent pays tens of MILLIONS of dollars to have the plaintiff STFU.

On one side, you have a person, on the other, something that can be summed down to a piece of paper.

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
I just know this is going to happen to me sooner or later (I have really crappy luck when it comes to ipods/any sort of MP3 player).

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
mike1921 said:
How old is this kid? If he has an iPhone, I'm guessing older than 16. I know if my phone exploded in my pocket, and I was around that age, I'd be fucking pissed, but I wouldn't be flinching at the sight of a touch-screen phone. Maybe if he was 15 or under. Maybe. But then, what parent would get a kid that young a phone like that anyway?
No, no one older than 13 would be flinching at the sight of a touch-screen phone. Also I know plenty of people under 16 with that phone.

A parent with a fair amount of disposable income and a kid who really wanted it?
Goldbling said:
did you know air causes cancer?, its true
I'm curious, are you saying that because you read it somewhere that seriously meant it or are you making fun of.......pretty much everything causing cancer?
I'm making fun of everything causing cancer

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
"they should have warned them about the possibility of the iPod exploding and melting underwear", wow k, thats pretty specific, I guess they could sell a short books worth of "possible" occurances. Like for example, "do not eat your iPod, doing so may cause choking".
exactly. it's a tiny chance that this would happen, i don't see why they need to blame someone. shit happens. if a rock fell on your foot after walking beneath a cliff, you would'nt sue the Earth, would you?

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
I loved when he said "their friendship would never be the same" after he had to take his pants off.

LethalBargi

Feb 20, 2009
Lmao, things happen its life emotional problems my ass, imagine a kids in Iraq how they feel, or kids whose parent are in the US military how they feel when they found out their parent died.
what I have to say is what a load of crap, the only scar there will be is one on his thigh that he can brag about in collage, this is a chance to get money thats all.

Dec 18, 2008
hey you have to realize that the iPod touch and all iPod models are only DESIGNED in California and are created in CHINA. Don't call me a racist cause I'm asian too and I just find this ridiculous...or maybe i'm in denial...because I've had my iPod touch for awhile.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
The kid was wearing spandex underwear? God, I'd hate it if a freind had to help me outta my trousers and for some reason I had spandex underwear. The burns and stuff wud be a pain in the arse (no pun intended) but spandex... eeech.
And my ipod being gone wud suck, too. What would keep me entertained while I lay in a hospital bed.

okogamashii

Mar 15, 2009
They could've gotten more. Although I agree with Sooperman. An ipod can't just explode without some kind of catalyst. And what the hell kid of kid wears spandex underwear?!

JakePwnsAtLife

Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, I will admit that I did laugh...It would suck if it happened to me, but it didn't.

1. Why was kid wearing spendex?
2. Define "explode"
3. How the hell?
4. Hahaha!

Trako

Jul 23, 2008
Kogarian said:
How does an iPod Touch explode?
Perhaps he accidentally got Jack Bauer's secret agent-type iPod Touch, the one that self-destructs. I'm sure the iPods all look alike so the government black ops ones are hard to differentiate from the civilian use ones.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Mayotard94 said:
hey you have to realize that the iPod touch and all iPod models are only DESIGNED in California and are created in CHINA. Don't call me a racist cause I'm asian too and I just find this ridiculous...or maybe i'm in denial...because I've had my iPod touch for awhile.
No one accused you o being racist, your just projecting so badly you could tilt your head and show off power point presentations. And i'm pretty sure all of have seen the DESIGNED IN CALIF.
MADE IN CHINA tag when you open your iPod