Iranian Scientist Claims Mastery of Time Travel - UPDATED

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
As outlandish as this is, and reading some absolutely rib cracking laughter inducing posts I'm going to take this in a different direction.

So according to this guy our future is predetermined and thus free will has no place in shaping our reality and we all just follow a set path? A concept I loathe with a passion of an exploding supernova but moving on.

More on topic: BWHAHAHAHAHAHA you really expect us to believe that!?! not even a prototype for fear that the Chinese could steal the plans and mass produce it? If this invention was legit those plans probably would have been stolen/sold to the highest bidder long ago.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
~Possibilities~

1: This is the worst bluff in history.

2: The guy is serious and crazy.

3: The damn machine works somehow and leads to Iran becoming the new superpower of the world.

4: The damn machine works, but does something more akin to telling you how your health will be over the next 8 years. So you can find out if you'll get diabetes or something.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Pfft. The Soviets built that thing twenty years ago/from now, and they still didn't rule the Earth/Planet Russia, not with the NATO Time Corps/Resistance Forces to content with. Haven't you played Singularity?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Triaed said:
I have a time machine too. Mine allows you to travel to the future at the speed of 1 second at a time!
I can get 3 days in the future in about 250K seconds
That it? I have a technique that lets me jump forward 6 hours in a split second. Every now ans gain, I feel myself getting drowsy and slower. I lie down and BAM! 6 hours past in a second.

Daft Ghosty

Sep 25, 2010
-Ezio- said:
so. he's created that machine from the movie paycheck? I'm sure that'll end well.
Pretty much this ^^ . All I could think of is this guy watched the Ben Affleck film Paycheck. Funny enough he says he has been working on the project for 10 years. The Paycheck came out in 2003. Hummm. Think we have a winner.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I have complete mastery over time travel, too!

I go to sleep, and my alarm clock wakes me up at the desired time of my choice. Now, if I could only program it to make me wake at a specific place AND time, I could claim to be the world's first time traveler!

OT: Stupid people with power. Never fails to entertain me.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
The fact that there is no picture of the exulted honourable Ayatollah Khomeini on my wall proves... FUCK!!! how did that thing get there. Oh my god!!! They have gone back in time and conquered the world!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Anyone can claim whatever the fuck they want.

I hereby claim to have the biggest dick in the known universe and my balls aren't a bad size either. Only thing is that if I show it to people then it shrivels, sorry.

Pogilrup

Apr 1, 2013
Sacman said:
VanQ said:
"The reason that we are not launching our prototype at this stage is that the Chinese will steal the idea and produce it in millions overnight," he said.
Holy shit, I am both endlessly amused by this statement and endlessly horrified by the very concept of such a device in the hands of the Chinese Government. I do NOT want to have to live in that world. I can see 5 years into the future if that were to ever happen because I know for damned sure I'd be at the forefront of the rebel movement.
Funny story actually... but the Chinese actually outlawed time travel for everyone, a while back, stating it was disrespectful to their ancestors... I wonder if they'll keep to that logic...<.<
http://io9.com/5952347/did-chinas-ban-on-time-travel-make-looper-a-bigger-hit-there

Apparently depictions of "present to past" is 'discouraged' not 'ban' (also if it actually was banned I doubt they would actually enforce it). I agree if you travel back in time to some feudal era be prepared to address the issue of indoor plumbing.

"future to present" is fine so long as one doesn't mention future politics.

CAPTCHA: big screen

Hmm, CAPTCHA would probably be a better predictor than what that Iranian guy has.

New CAPTCHA (for taking too long): whoa there

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
wulfgar_red said:
US must invade Iran. this device is threat to Israel
In that case, let them have it. Maybe the Palestinians would still have their homes and terrorism in the Middle East be a small fraction of what it became.

Feb 25, 2009
Yeah, these guys missed April 1st by quite a bit.
However let's, for a moment, entertain the possibility of this being a real thing. If so, I do have a sincere question.
If I were to use this machine and see my future, would I see something that will happen regardless of what I might do to try to change it?
I know that observing something (my future in this case) changes the thing being observed, so I could only ever be looking at a modified future; the original being one wherein I never used the machine. But is the future I would see set or not?
Because if it isn't set, then what you would see the first time would be yourself, endlessly tinkering with your own future history.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
This is not a time machine. merely a very complex model calculation that attempts to predict human lives via determinism theory, probably be feeding it a lot of information first.
On the other hand, i have a real time machine, anyone interested in blueprints can contact me at [email protected]

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
So he just made a new type of horoscope? This is the biggest crock I have heard all week.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Hey, more power to the guy if he actually created a pre-cognitive computer. The idea isn't without its speculative predecessors in science fiction. Specifically Ziggy from "Quantum Leap" was such a machine. It could predict probabilities of outcomes after changes in the past were made. It isn't really much different than that. Pre-cognitive ability like that would make Dick's "The Minority Report" possible. Remember, at one time geosynchronous orbit was speculative science fiction.

That being said, this guy hasn't achieved anything until such a machine actually is built and is tested for accuracy. And it's too bad he can't back up his claims, the possibilities are interesting.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
And here I thought the Iranian sense of humor was as dead as their homosexuals
that was funny :)

OT: is it just me or does the world seem to be slowly turning into a comic book?