Is anyone defending EA at this point?

IPunchWithMyFists

New member
Feb 14, 2011
236
0
0
I'm actually curious because I've been browsing the SimCity forums and I haven't really found anyone sticking up for these guys this time around.

Does anyone have anything to say in their favor at this point?

Certainly not me because fuck those guys, but anyone?
 

BrotherRool

New member
Oct 31, 2008
3,834
0
0
I'll sort of defend them on some things, but not Sim City and not online DRM in general.
 

jebara

New member
Nov 19, 2009
246
0
0
Actually, I visited Destructoid today to find one guy in the comments section that said DRM is great because of anti piracy,which is killing the industry,were whiners and pirates, think of the publishers,your not entitled to anything,ect...
But only that guy.
 

R.Nevermore

New member
Mar 28, 2008
291
0
0
I've only ever said that Sim City is a great game. Once you get beyond the awful drm and nightmarishly terrible implementation of the game's release it's a very solid game that's lots of fun to play.
 

No-Superman10

New member
Sep 6, 2008
397
0
0
R.Nevermore said:
I've only ever said that Sim City is a great game. Once you get beyond the awful drm and nightmarishly terrible implementation of the game's release it's a very solid game that's lots of fun to play.
This annoys me, I love me some town sim games. (50+ Hours logged on Tropico. Viva El Presidente!) Trouble is EA don't deserve a single penny of my money.
 

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
4,535
3
43
Country
Australia
Yup, SimCity works perfectly well now. =\ I was playing it for about 6 hours in a row last night.
 

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
6,374
0
0
I am.

Mostly from the people who fabricate reasons to add more hate to the pile. Or the people who push opinions as facts, such as "All EA games suck!" - Not fact. I've quite enjoyed most of the EA games I've played in the past two years, including Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age II, Crysis 2, Mass Effect 3, Crysis 3, Kingdoms of Amalur (not actually an EA game, but co-published by them, meaning some people probably avoided it just because their name was on the box, even though they had literally zero involvement outside of distribution), Alice: Madness Returns, Bulletstorm, the Dead Space trilogy, Mirror's Edge, etc.

I don't like EA's business practices, and they've given tons of legitimate reasons for people to criticize them, but the hate has quite frankly reached some illogical singularity at this point. People are latching onto any "bad" reports they can to try and bad-mouth EA even further, even when it turns out those reports were completely fake or taken out of context and thus mean nothing like what the people imply. I find it ridiculous.
 

aguspal

New member
Aug 19, 2012
743
0
0
Well I dont hate them, Actually I kinda like them because they are comedian, they make me laugh hard at times, and thats more than what I can say about certain OTHER horrible companies (Definitivly not talking about BIOWARE, I promise! really...).


They are really like an interwebz troll or a villian in a kid´s show, they make people RAGE hard, and, really, at a certain point or another I would rather side with them than the people who complain about EVERY SINGLE THING they do, for (at times, not always) no reason at all other than because its cool to hate them. Like the people who hate on COD for really, REALLY petty reasons. So, again, I rather side with them than with these complainers.

Plus, they CHALLENGE EVERYTHING after all... so yeah.


Also I recently played Dead Space 3 an its an awesome game, better than 1 or 2 but EA haters just strike again and AGAIN, good thing I am not blind like them because WOW... (Not saying than the game dosnt have its troubles, and if you dont like it for legit reasons than its ok)
 

R.Nevermore

New member
Mar 28, 2008
291
0
0
No-Superman10 said:
R.Nevermore said:
I've only ever said that Sim City is a great game. Once you get beyond the awful drm and nightmarishly terrible implementation of the game's release it's a very solid game that's lots of fun to play.
This annoys me, I love me some town sim games. (50+ Hours logged on Tropico. Viva El Presidente!) Trouble is EA don't deserve a single penny of my money.
And that's your choice. If you want to deny yourself an excellent game for protest of a companies bad practices then I won't judge. Me, I'll buy a good game regardless of who made it. A good game is a good game in my books. I should have known better than to buy it on opening day though.
 

Awesomesauce123

New member
May 5, 2012
32
0
0
EA makes publishes some great stuff. They've published Mirror's Edge, Kingdoms of Alumar, the Skate series, the list goes on. It's just that the way they handle their games and customers are total bullshit.
 

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
1,545
0
41
Gender
Female
shrekfan246 said:
I don't like EA's business practices, and they've given tons of legitimate reasons for people to criticize them, but the hate has quite frankly reached some illogical singularity at this point. People are latching onto any "bad" reports they can to try and bad-mouth EA even further, even when it turns out those reports were completely fake or taken out of context and thus mean nothing like what the people imply. I find it ridiculous.
Very true. I remember seeing one guy complain that the Origin customer support gave him some discount vouchers. He'd bought a game right before it went on sale and was outraged that they'd given him vouchers instead of giving him the game for the sale price "like Steam would.".

They didn't have to give him anything, that was a fantastic example of good customer service, to be frank. I really hope I'd just been Poe'd.

EA do some shitty things, but people treat them like monsters that can do no right and must never be forgiven.
 

rasputin0009

New member
Feb 12, 2013
560
0
0
I just notice that a lot of people feel way too entitled. Kind of to the point of comparing some complainers to a toddler crying over a broken toy. I really don't have that much sympathy.

Not every piece of entertainment is going to be a perfect 10 or have everything you want. And it's complete insanity to think so.

EA isn't doing anything different than other publishers. They really aren't. If the quality of their games and services deteriorate, then you know not buy from them, just like every other publisher in the industry. But to ***** and moan over every little detail that goes wrong? You just look like a whiny *****.
 

XMark

New member
Jan 25, 2010
1,408
0
0
I think EA is going to almost single-handedly cause the next big videogame crash. If we don't let them know they're being morons, they'll just figure it out the hard way anyways.

You could say we're being nice to EA by giving them advance warning.
 

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
14,193
1,245
118
shrekfan246 said:
I am.

Mostly from the people who fabricate reasons to add more hate to the pile. Or the people who push opinions as facts, such as "All EA games suck!" - Not fact. I've quite enjoyed most of the EA games I've played in the past two years, including Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age II, Crysis 2, Mass Effect 3, Crysis 3, Kingdoms of Amalur (not actually an EA game, but co-published by them, meaning some people probably avoided it just because their name was on the box, even though they had literally zero involvement outside of distribution), Alice: Madness Returns, Bulletstorm, the Dead Space trilogy, Mirror's Edge, etc.

I don't like EA's business practices, and they've given tons of legitimate reasons for people to criticize them, but the hate has quite frankly reached some illogical singularity at this point. People are latching onto any "bad" reports they can to try and bad-mouth EA even further, even when it turns out those reports were completely fake or taken out of context and thus mean nothing like what the people imply. I find it ridiculous.
Amen brother!

The only part I have to add to this is that even when EA does something good, it was because they wanted good PR and not because they actually care about X (cause when other companies do sales/promotions/good PR stuff, it's because of the goodness in their hearts right?). See Steam Sales versus Origin Sales or EA signing the LGBT thingy for examples.

I swear, it feels like people blast my opinion on EA because I don't hate them with the passion of a thousand suns like I'm "supposed to". Hence my new title :)

I don't love EA. I don't hate EA. EA is a company...I nothing EA. If they make a good game, I will purchase said game.
 

Korzack

New member
Apr 28, 2010
173
0
0
Well I made me first buy through origin yesterday, so I feel like I kinda have to, but same time... Me'eh, why would we defend a company that keeps routinely doing things that range from a bit dim to downright deceitful in the name of a little more cash today without a care to what might happen tomorrow, they almost have a "Too big to fail" attitude, which is kind of like thinking you're too much of an addict to clean up.
 

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
4,535
3
43
Country
Australia

Here's 11 minutes of this morning's gameplay. As you can see, works perfectly. Maxis have fixed the issues.