Is anyone defending EA at this point?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
EA does publish some great games, but they don't run their enterprise in a very gamer centric way. It's a give and take. I don't generally find myself defending them but I do find it silly when people constantly whine about them. If you don't like how they do things, don't play their games*

* Yes, don't even buy them used or, heck, even pirate them. If they offend your morals that much, then you shouldn't want to even experience the games at all.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
jebara said:
Actually, I visited Destructoid today to find one guy in the comments section that said DRM is great because of anti piracy,which is killing the industry,were whiners and pirates, think of the publishers,your not entitled to anything,ect...
But only that guy.
$5 says he is a sell-out and/or PR guy.

Seiously EA can go jump in a pool of lava. And they can invite Activision to join them as well.

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
I dont really see the point. While I think they are a really great company the type of person who bases EA with delusional, entitled and idiotic comments are not worth the time of day. You are more likely to get an intelligent response out of the toaster then them.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Can't i hate EA in peace without people telling me i'm wrong?

OT: yeah people defend EA , koodos for them . EA has become to anti consumer that i don't care anymore . People will do what they want with their money , i am not giving mine to EA or anyone EA IS associated with anymore .

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Lily Venus said:
Insomuch as when people make delusional, entitled, or lazily-researched complaints against them, yes.
That's rich considering that it's coming from the same guy who's trying (and failing) to defend Mass Effect 3 ending. And you keep doing the same thing over and over again. You keep calling actual arguments delusional, entitled and lazily-researched etc. without once providing a logical counter argument. And you still can't grasp the fact that you're actually supporting something that is not in your best interest as a consumer. It baffles me.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
EA needs defending as much as Starbucks or McDonalds.

Although some ppl are over zealous in hating them, I myself am done with EA games so I no longer care anymore.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
afroebob said:
ResonanceSD said:
Yup, SimCity works perfectly well now. =\ I was playing it for about 6 hours in a row last night.
Granted, saying there shit that was broken isn't broken anymore isn't a very good defense. They released a game that didn't work and they knew it wouldn't work long before it was released. Hell, even we knew it wouldn't work. So ya, fuck EA and anyone else who makes always online DRM and doesn't make it so you can't always be online.

Anyways, the only people who seriously defend EA as whole is either ignorant or idiotic. Ya, some things they do I might defend but 99% of it no, I don't and neither should anyone else.
After maxis have improved servers

Note "maxis" not "ea"

Because it was maxis who decided that cloud computing would underpin SimCity 5

all performance issues have been cleared up.

Here's 11 minutes of gameplay that I recorded this morning

As you can see, it's all fine.

If you lose connection to the server, you don't get booted out, you run the game locally.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Only when they deserve it.

Which is increasingly often.

Not because they're doing anything better, but because people are actually idiotic enough to vote them "Worst Company in America" over, say, the Bank of America. That's just headdeskworthy.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
I'll defend EA when they're being unfairly picked on, and that happens A LOT on this site and others. I admit they have done some bad things, but it is infuriating to see people become so hate-filled with the company that ANYTHING they do is deemed bad. Sure DRM is bad, but they're trying to stop piracy, which is a bad thing, and while DRM hasn't worked in the past that doesn't mean they should just give up. I also defended them with the Mass Effect 3 ending as quite a lot of people were blaming them for something that they literaly had no control over. I also defended them when people were wrongly accusing them of cutting the development time short for ME3, when in reality they extended the release date.

So yeah, EA aren't an angel, but they are definately not the devil.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
ResonanceSD said:
afroebob said:
ResonanceSD said:
Yup, SimCity works perfectly well now. =\ I was playing it for about 6 hours in a row last night.
Granted, saying there shit that was broken isn't broken anymore isn't a very good defense. They released a game that didn't work and they knew it wouldn't work long before it was released. Hell, even we knew it wouldn't work. So ya, fuck EA and anyone else who makes always online DRM and doesn't make it so you can't always be online.

Anyways, the only people who seriously defend EA as whole is either ignorant or idiotic. Ya, some things they do I might defend but 99% of it no, I don't and neither should anyone else.

Note "maxis" not "ea"

Don't worry, Maxis is at fault too. I just didn't feel it was necessary to show how much of douches they were about it too. Either way, EA is still culpable because:

1. They own Maxis, so Maxis' bad decisions are EA's bad decisions
2. It was the servers that EA owned that failed

Either way EA sucks, Maxis sucks. I don't care if Simcity is fun when it works, I couldn't really give anything resembling a shit at this point because their scum business practices of putting DRM onto a game (I don't know if the always online adds to the experience or not, I'm just going to call it how I see it) and making it so the DRM breaks the game that means they have sold you a broken product, which is akin to stealing. Now I can forgive them if this was just a huge shocker and that nobody could have ever seen this coming but everyone knew! Every single person at EA, at Maxis and who bought the game knew that the servers would be broken at launch and they were all right.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
ResonanceSD said:

Note "maxis" not "ea"

They're the same company and the same entity.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I like the developers under EA, but I don't defend EA's actions or business practices when they are retarded. They make a bunch of game series I like and I will continue to support those series if the games are of good quality.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
They're easily one of the most anti-consumer gaming companies out there. Nothing more needs to be known about them. Stop buying their shit and they will go away.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I don't criticise EA, mostly because I don't buy their products (Mass Effect being the exception). If EA started coming to my house and forcing me to play games like SimCity I might start complaining.

Though they did make me download and install Origin to play ME3 so I'm mad at them for that.