Is it that hard to find a virgin?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
Death God said:
whats so great about virginity? your not "corrupted" in anyway if you choose to have safe consenting sex

sex is not imoral
actually you really are changed psychologically when you have sex (especially the first time), though everyone is affected differently. Also, the actual act of sex is not immoral, but it really depends on the circumstances. I'm not going to get into a big long debate here, but I'd say casual sex is very immoral.
yeah, thats why you dont have sex unless you know youre "ready" for it and dont give in to peer preasure..blah blah blah

what about just doing whatever works for you personally?

anyway I find it kind of insulting some self rightous ass would think less of me if I had sex with a few people (I mean realtionships over a long perios of time) that wouldnt make me a bad person, that would make me completley and utterly NORMAL..its NORMAL to have sex if your in a realationship...if said relationship ends then you move onto the next one

we arnt all going to be with our soulmate first time around

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
you definitely seem to be in the minority but your not alone in being there...I've never done drugs, or had sex but I have gotten drunk before and though only on occasion I do smoke cigars/cigarettes. I have given up on the idea of finding a girl who like me is a virgin, the one girl who I know is or at least I am fairly certain to be one is 3-4 younger than me and is not the least bit interested in me from what I can see.

khantron

Jul 10, 2010
axlryder said:
khantron said:
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
Death God said:
whats so great about virginity? your not "corrupted" in anyway if you choose to have safe consenting sex

sex is not imoral
actually you really are changed psychologically when you have sex, though everyone is affected differently. Also, the actual act of sex is not immoral, but it really depends on the circumstances. I'm not going to get into a big long debate here, but I'd say casual sex is very immoral.
Such a tease, making such an interesting moral proclamation. Unless your justification is religion in which case it's boring again.
haha, not religious at all
Darn, you couldn't just lie to me.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
Death God said:

sex is not imoral
actually you really are changed psychologically when you have sex (especially the first time), though everyone is affected differently. Also, the actual act of sex is not immoral, but it really depends on the circumstances. I'm not going to get into a big long debate here, but I'd say casual sex is very immoral.
Changed=/ corrupted.

And why is casual sex immoral?

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Vault101 said:
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
Death God said:

sex is not imoral
yeah, thats why you dont have sex unless you know youre "ready" for it and dont give in to peer preasure..blah blah blah

anyway I find it kind of insulting some self rightous ass would think less of me if I had sex with a few people (I mean realtionships over a long perios of time) that wouldnt make me a bad person, that would make me completley and utterly NORMAL..its NORMAL to have sex if your in a realationship...if said relationship ends then you move onto the next one

Again, I don't want to debate it because I don't feel like dragging out scholarly articles and such, but I will say being normal doesn't mean what you're doing is right. That's an appeal to the majority and rather fallacious. Also, just because you think something "works" for you doesn't mean it's healthy for you. That being said, someone thinking you're somehow less than them because of a mutual action you took with another person is a rather commiserable sentiment. However, it is their prerogative to feel it nullifies your candidacy for being their partner and I'd say they could be justified in feeling that way (there's a lot of variables between the two of you at that point, though). It was nice chatting with you.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Death God said:
khantron said:
So why is it virginity
Death God said:
walrusaurus said:
I think the biggest issue i have with the "must be virgins" crowd, is that they treat sex like its something dirty to be ashamed of. Which is particularly ironic since they believe its a gift from god. I've seen people totally abandoned by their friends just because they "fell into sin." It's hypocritical and cruel, and it disgusts me. One of many reasons i'm not a christian.
I don't think it is dirty and shameful. I think it should have some meaning to it. Almost everyone of my friends have had sex before and I don't mind in the least. My moral doesn't come from any church, it comes from the background of my entire family getting pregnant and having a child before 17. I am the only person in my whole family who is 18 and has not got somebody knocked up which is a major accomplishment for me.
So why is it virginity and not that she has a kid, where you draw the line?
Because once you lose it the first time, it is hard to never have it again. And once you start having sex a lot, it will eventually lead to a kid.
not if your sensible about it and use protection it might not be %100 but its pretty damn close

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Do you have really high standards for girls, too? You sound like the type. If so, dream on, very few girls that are hot and that age are virgins to either sex or drugs/booze. And the few that don't either won't live near you, or won't be into you. Try realizing that just because a person has had sex or done drugs doesn't make them a horrible person. In fact, safe experience with sex is a plus for me.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
axlryder said:
That's an appeal to the majority and rather fallacious. Also, just because you think something "works" for you doesn't mean it's healthy for you.
Sorry, but not having a healthy sex life is unhealthy.

Har har, word choice.

delvin313

Feb 17, 2011
Xeraxis said:
delvin313 said:
I was speaking mostly in terms of your first sentence. I never doubted your experience and am not calling YOU cliche. I'm just saying that a lot of phrases similar to the first sentence you wrote, like the whole "fish in the sea" thing, are all too familiar to me, and the more I hear them from people, the less I begin to really believe it happening for myself. Unhealthy self-doubt I must blame.
Does that make any sense? I am not placing any offense towards you.
Ah, got it. I was overly sensitive, I think. I'd be happy to talk more about this if you like, having been in a similar situation when I was younger. If its any consolation, I honestly believe what I said.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I'm 21, still a virgin, but I'm male lol.

Haven't drunk, smoked or whatever.

I support people who refuse to drink or smoke (though I may try pot one day myself, i'm not against it), but staying a virgin for moral reasons just seems a little arbitrary to me.

Basically, I support people who don't drink or do pot because I support people who value self-control. Beer and pot eliminate self-control and cause all sorts of problems concerning responsibility.

Usually when someone does something stupid while drunk, then comes to me the next day afterwards and apologizes to me, the apology means essentially nothing. He/She wasn't in control, so why shouldn't I expect it to happen again?

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Hafrael said:
axlryder said:
That's an appeal to the majority and rather fallacious. Also, just because you think something "works" for you doesn't mean it's healthy for you.

Har har, word choice.
You so funneh. This one girl said that to me once, but she turned out to be a little crabby. :B

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I'm in the same boat. Life is too long to kill ruin it now by doing that sort of stuff, I'll wait until I'm ready before I actually become somewhat 'normal'.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
Death God said:

sex is not imoral

Again, I don't want to debate it because I don't feel like dragging out scholarly articles and such, but I will say being normal doesn't mean what you're doing is right. That's an appeal to the majority and rather fallacious. Also, just because you think something "works" for you doesn't mean it's healthy for you. That being said, someone thinking you're somehow less than them because of a mutual action you took with another person is a rather commiserable sentiment. However, it is their prerogative to feel it nullifies your candidacy for being their partner and I'd say they could be justified in feeling that way (there's a lot of variables between the two of you at that point, though). It was nice chatting with you.
some people treat sex like the simple self indulgence it can be AND are perfectlty fine (main word being "some")...now who are we to say otherwise? we dont know what goes on in their head

its just like any other self indulgence...videogames, alchohol or whatever

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
axlryder said:
Hafrael said:
axlryder said:

Har har, word choice.
You so funneh. This one girl said that to me once, but she turned out to be a little crabby. :B
axlryder said:
Hafrael said:
axlryder said:

Har har, word choice.
Obviously she had an unhealthy sex life :p

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Vault101 said:
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
axlryder said:
Vault101 said:
Death God said:

sex is not imoral

some people treat sex like the simple self indulgence it can be AND are perfectlty fine (main word being "some")...now who are we to say otherwise? we dont know what goes on in their head

its just like any other self indulgence...videogames, alchohol or whatever
yeah, well THOSE people are way more likely to die in horror movies! How about that, smart guy!? Seriously though, we'll just agree to disagree on this one, I do not see the energy/time required for a debate in my near future.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I live in a small village where pot is all there is to do. You have a better chance of finding a wholesome virgin in a city, because there are things to do other than impair ones-self and/or screw. More on-topic, whose got two thumbs and didn't get pussy in high school? This guy! *points thumbs at self* I lit-up a couple times, and I only drank hard liquor straight. Beer's for pussies who just WANT to be "naughty" (<-- applies only to those under 16). I have a sneaking suspicion that you're also looking for an "attractive" girl, which really diminishes your chances for success. There are more "ugly" women out there who are entirely abstinent from alcohol, drugs, and sex.

To explain the quotation marks around attractive and ugly, those are subjective, and I assume he's holding women to a societal standard of beauty. The one Barbie perpetuates.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Not as hard as you think, but I have a question, if you break up with a girl you've had sex with would you ever date again?

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
A virgin, you say? You found one.
But it seems like you're looking for a girl, so I'm sorry, that won't work.
Good luck finding one!

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
I am exactly the same, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs and have never had sex, and I'm 19. And while I do understand that a lot of teenagers do some of these things before they've even finished school, I'm still thoroughly surprised and disappointed when I see a kid at the bus stop smoking and swearing even though he only looks like 12 years old and I'm always disappointed when this type of action or worse is simply accepted. It's really not hard to not do these things, my life is not any less rich because of it and to do them at a young age is an abuse of one's childhood and confusing rites of passage with rights of passage if that makes sense.

I'd totally marry you, only thing is I'm a guy. :)