Is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic good?

Megahedron

Aug 27, 2010
Well, enough people like. Give it a try, worst case you've wasted half an hour.

Or you'll get the nightmares.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
ninjastovall0 said:
Krantos said:
The reason I like it is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.
or because its for toddlers and they realized they didnt have to put effort into plot as long as they have technicolor ponies and older people who think its cool in an ironic way.
You could have gotten out of this thread without insulting anyone. I mean you could have. Just walked off. You said your opinion in an unoffensive way and it was cool with me.

Why must you generalize people who like the show?

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
A huge swatch of adult males, dead set on the idea that they will hate My Little Pony, have become horribly obsessed with the show. It is not even a show with hidden inappropriate things for adults to laugh at the terrible sexual innuendo, it actually gets popular for being just that compelling. If it can cross boundaries that completely, that's a VERY good sign that it is increadibly good. Maybe you won't like it, and that's fine. It is a kids show still. But its ability to cross boundaries should show that it is very well done.

Is it good for you to watch? Watch an episode and decide.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
lol at people who call it a fad. Is it so hard to believe that people really like something you don't? I guess it is cool to hate on things that are popular.
_
_
At the OP, I think it's the best cartoon since The Last Airbender. This from someone who hated "girly shows" when she was younger. I wanted to hate it, but I just can't, the ponies are too fun to hate.

My advice would be watch the first four episodes, they're available for free on youtube and at worst you've lost about an hour and a half of your life. The firt two are mostly just introductory stuff, it gets better from #3 on.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Hmm, I think this is the first My Little Pony thread in over a week, that's actually quite impressive all things considered.

OT: It's animation is great, its characters are fleshed out and realised without being stereotypes, the voice acting is phenomenal, the songs are good, the subject matter is excellent, they don't treat the audience like idiots, and the Creator Lauren Faust made it with the intent that adults will be watching it with their daughters, thus she didn't dumb it down.
Lauren Faust was also able to make this happen by telling Hasbro that she wasn't just going to make a twenty minute commercial for the toy-line and actually make people care about what they are buying. Plus, she's the one behind Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, both of which are quite good.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I watched the first 5 episodes, because people told me it gets better after the first 2.
It never did. I'd still check it out, though, as you might like it.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
FINALLY! A CHANCE TO USE THIS!

Yes. it is good. I recommend giving it a watch to see if you like it.

-m
That pic is win. I shall save it in my lol bin!

Thank you good sir, you have made my day. And with this, goodbye I say.

The mods here, they love the ponies. Just a sign bodes well for the bronies!

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
SwimmingRock said:
Episode 10, actually. It features an evil enchantress. When people look into her eyes, they end up in trances. I could continue the song, but I'd just be wasting your time.

Thing is, in order to make it to episode 10, you already have to be hooked, so it doesn't matter anymore by that point.
*coughthatwasepisode9cough*

And that was a really good run. A week without a pony thread.....gotta be a new record :D

As for the show, well, if you like the trailers, and you like cartoons (esp. from the 90s) you'll like MLP. If you don't, well, I'd still give it a shot, because it's just that good.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Condor219 said:
And that was a really good run. A week without a pony thread.....gotta be a new record :D

As for the show, well, if you like the trailers, and you like cartoons (esp. from the 90s) you'll like MLP. If you don't, well, I'd still give it a shot, because it's just that good.
Yeah, but now the record is sullied, somepony else just made another one. So two in one hour is a bit much.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Radoh said:
Condor219 said:

Yeah, but now the record is sullied, somepony else just made another one. So two in one hour is a bit much.
What? Are you kiddi-....

*checks*

Actually, I think that's a troll thread. Might not be, but it used the same exact wording as one of the early 10 page threads, and had almost no explanation in the OP.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
ninjastovall0 said:
Krantos said:
The reason I like it is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.
or because its for toddlers and they realized they didnt have to put effort into plot as long as they have technicolor ponies and older people who think its cool in an ironic way.

This post won't help to start a full out flame-war. So sir-ee bob.

OT: It's good. It may not be for everyone, but it is good. I'd say at least check it out before deciding it isn't for you. And do more than just watch the first 5 minutes of the first episode. The pilot episodes are a good introduction to the setting, but later episodes are quite different in terms of how they play out (the plot in the pilot isn't really picked up at all throughout the rest of the series.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Megahedron said:
Well, enough people like. Give it a try, worst case you've wasted half an hour.

Or you'll get the nightmares.
*Pffft*

Fuck, got orange soda on my keyboard. You sir made my freaking day!!

yo mato

Mar 18, 2011
it is good. Actually is a lot better than a lot of regular tv shows airing now. As a matter of fact im a newly converted brony ten minutes ago

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011
SwimmingRock said:
Episode 10, actually. It features an evil enchantress. When people look into her eyes, they end up in trances. I could continue the song, but I'd just be wasting your time.

Thing is, in order to make it to episode 10, you already have to be hooked, so it doesn't matter anymore by that point.
That's funny... that is the first episode I watched, and it sucked me in... funny that...

Radoh said:
Hmm, I think this is the first My Little Pony thread in over a week, that's actually quite impressive all things considered.

OT: It's animation is great, its characters are fleshed out and realised without being stereotypes, the voice acting is phenomenal, the songs are good, the subject matter is excellent, they don't treat the audience like idiots, and the Creator Lauren Faust made it with the intent that adults will be watching it with their daughters, thus she didn't dumb it down.
Lauren Faust was also able to make this happen by telling Hasbro that she wasn't just going to make a twenty minute commercial for the toy-line and actually make people care about what they are buying. Plus, she's the one behind Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, both of which are quite good.
Also this...

OT: I can't quite put my finger on it, but if you look more than twice you'll start noticing that you can look at new series, at different levels...
(I think it's called deconstruction when you do it with Literature), or you can simply enjoy the fun silliness. Your choice.

Off-topic: The fans, or "Broines", or whatever you call them, actually made me like the show even more, weirdly enough.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Lagao said:
I don't know what this "fad" is with these ponies. Nor will I ever.

To me, a pile of crap is more appealing then those creatures.

They will disappear in due time with Chuck Norris jokes.
Oh yes, because everything is a fad and nobody legitimately likes anything. Seriously, just shut your mouth (keyboard?) if you don't know what you're talking about.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Lagao said:
I don't know what this "fad" is with these ponies. Nor will I ever.

To me, a pile of crap is more appealing then those creatures.

They will disappear in due time with Chuck Norris jokes.
Sorry but no. The number of Bronies on this website currently number at about 415 and that number has not stopped rising for any day yet. The rest of the internet is also aflame with the ponies. This is not a fad, otherwise when season one ended the numbers would have dropped, not risen.

Also, Chuck Norris jokes are still going strong.