Is Skyrim promoting bestiality?

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
That didn't even occur to me until now. Huh. Maybe because I'm absolutely indifferent towards the whole marriage business.
Just give me two axes and lemme fight giant tentacle bears with them.

And now I know what I'll name my character.

Ragnar Bearmurder!

Justanewguy

Jun 30, 2011
KaizokuouHasu said:
Short answer:
Yes.

It depends on how you look at it. Argonian and Kajiit are animal, no doubt. They can't bare human children, and vice versa, humans can't bare Kajiit or Argonian children (don't argonians lay eggs?). Where this occurs we can safely call it inter-species breeding. So, yes, it would be bestiality with the added difference that the beast in question can actually give informed consent. I think we'll see much more Rule 34 on the Elder Scolls after this - unless Bethesda intends to sue for infringing, that is.
As has been pointed out, bestiality is having sex with a lower animal. Argonians and Kajiit aren't lower animals. You sir, are a speciesist.

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
MaxwellMurder said:
Chased said:
MaxwellMurder said:
Fox news is going to skew this and say you can Marry a Horse. I just know it
Horse tuxedos would be perfect for DLC. >.>
and they will cost a fortune
Any price is worth my horse in a tux!
Also, Fox can go f--k themselves. It's not like anything intelligent comes from that news station anyway.

Father Time said:
God I hope so, that'd be fucking hilarious.
Yeah I'm playing as a brave bold adventurer who also bangs tigers on the side.
Or you could use it as bragging rights.
I'm so damn mighty that I have sex with mother fucking tigers.
The question is though; will we be able to have sex? So far they have announced marriage, but it might be platonic. That said, if they do add sex (and I don't see why they wouldn't add it at this rate), would you be able to have sex out of wedlock?

CD-R said:
KaizokuouHasu said:
Short answer:
Yes.

It depends on how you look at it. Argonian and Kajiit are animal, no doubt. They can't bare human children, and vice versa, humans can't bare Kajiit or Argonian children (don't argonians lay eggs?). Where this occurs we can safely call it inter-species breeding. So, yes, it would be bestiality with the added difference that the beast in question can actually give informed consent. I think we'll see much more Rule 34 on the Elder Scolls after this - unless Bethesda intends to sue for infringing, that is.

questionnairebot said:
WHY CAN'T I FIND IT!!!! lol.

Finally my dreams will come true of a Dark elf and a Orc having a baby...yay.
What would we call such a hybrid? A Dorc? Dorc Elf?

There's actually several different types of Khajiit. There's some that look just like Humans except with slight feline features. (Think the Thundercats). Those were the types of Khajiit you played as in the old Arena and Daggerfall games. In those cases it wouldn't be too strange for humans to hook up with Khajiit. It's kind of cool what type of Khajiit a baby Khajiit grows into is dependent on the phase of the moon.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit

I actually wouldn't mind the next Elder Scrolls game taking place in Elsweyr it sounds like a pretty awesome place.
Indeed. But I wonder if they would be considered Khajiit after something like that.

Justanewguy said:
KaizokuouHasu said:
Short answer:
Yes.

As has been pointed out, bestiality is having sex with a lower animal. Argonians and Kajiit aren't lower animals. You sir, are a speciesist.
How rude! Calling me a speciest like you know me. Tsk! *snaps fingers above head* Also, what the hell is a 'lower animal'? Don't call me a speciest when you're the one who see yourself as higher up in the animal kingdom that the rest of them!
Finally, are you a furry? I must know.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
The thing with Bestiality is that it's a form of animal abuse, in a sense that animals don't have the intelligence to consent a sexual act with a human being, therefore the human is taking advantage of the animal.

Now, in The Elder Scrolls these creatures with animal resemblances, are humanoid and intelligent, being the only significant thing that distinguishes them from humans is their appearance.

So people that are into Bestiality might fancy the idea of being intimate with a Khajiit or an Argonian, but that doesn't mean it goes the other way.

I think.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Khajiits and Argonians have feline and reptilian characteristics respectively.
Just like humans have great ape characteristics.
They are no more or less animals than humans are.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I don't see how it's any different than the xeno-romance options in ME. Sure the Khajiits and Argonians look alot closer to earth animals than the Asari or Turians, but ever race mentioned is fully sentient and sapient. Now if you've got a problem with all of them okay, but if you think romance with aliens is okay, why not fantasy races like this?

Me, I don't give a shit. I don't really have a problem with inter-species romance.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
im guessing this was meant more as a joke, otherwise the op is overthinking this a bit too much. in arcanum i could fuck a sheep, but i never thought of that as a promotional tool for beastiality

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
If it's between sapient species, it's not bestiality, it's just interspecies. It's not considered bestiality for vulcans and humans to marry, so why would it be in this case?

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Giest4life said:
I haven't played Skyrim, but what if it is promoting bestiality?

I might try a PC demo if it is available on Steam just check that feature out.
Skyrim isn't out yet.

OT: Its no weirder than alien love in Mass Effect. If the being is intelligent I don't think it really falls under bestiality.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
So? you can have a romantic relationship with a scaley person. Big Whup.

I'm more worried that people will say it promotes spree killing.

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
There's a massive difference between buggering an intelligent humanoid cat and buggering a tabby cat, right? This is more like promoting furry... ism

I myself am going to find myself a nice Argonian wench... 'Cause i'm weird like that

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Its not really promoting it at all. Also, the races in Skyrim are much more intelligent than your standard dog or other animal, so it really doesn't seem like bestiality in general to me. In fact, the Khajit and Argonians are more like people. There is no way in hell I am marrying a lizardwoman though, so forget that idea.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Generic_Username said:
scnj said:
Is it technically any worse than romancing Liara in Mass Effect?
Who even romanced Liara? I never got the appeal, she kinda creeped me out.
I romanced Liara, many, many times.

OT: I wouldn't say promoting is the right word, but perhaps they're encouraging it.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Don't think of the puny humans as spouses; instead see them as sex-slaves, intended solely for your amusement. Everyone knows a true warrior's love lies in battle.

I personally don't care whether or not we can marry inter-species-ially, as long as I can stap people in the face and steal all their stuff.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
pulse2 said:
So apparently you can marry in Skyrim, this news is old now, you can marry same sexes too! This news is also old now. But has anyone stopped to think about the animal races marrying humans? :/ Now of course I'd love to demonstrate my male ego by playing as a Tiger, therefore the Khajiit perfectly represents what I'm about :D But there's something a little strange about marrying a female lizard (argonian) or heck even a human species :/ Will I ever get used to this? Will you ever get used to this? What do you think?

(Lets not get all serious, I really don't care that much, just thought it would be an entertaining topic)

-_- Lizard wife in a pink dress with lipstick on, horrifying mental image.

I just know there's a bestiality forum somewhere on the internet talking about how exciting this news is, lol
I'm fairly certain bestiality has more to do with unintelligent animals who are unable to consent as people would. Yes, they can be conditioned to commit sexual acts and seemingly enjoy them, but they're not actually making that decision. You're training them to do so. If you're not even doing that, then you're just using them for your own pleasure.

In Skyrim, in this regard, I don't think it would at all be considered bestiality. What would it be? Just... interspecies sex.

GenericPCUser

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, Skyrim is forcing every one of it's players to marry, then have sex with a big, gay, furry, khajiit whether they want to or not.

I should know, I'm on the internet.