Is there a dev company whose games you will play, no questions asked?

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
bleachigo10 said:
Insomniac maybe? I can't think of a single bad game they've made, or at least one I didn't like. Then again I haven't gotten to play all of their games so who knows.
They used to be my big name, but I'm terrible at FPSs, so I haven't played Resistance 1 or 3. I still keep a very close eye on them, though. I'll always love the Ratchet series and those three good Spyro games (aka the real ones).

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
Solaire of Astora said:
Is it developed/published by Atlus? You can count on my purchase. Oh, SMT series...
I love Trine 2 and I think I should have bought Catherine instead of Deus Ex. Goddammit.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Not really, if only because I'm about as stingy as people come when it comes to buying games. I much prefer to take the time to read up on the game, watch clips of gameplay and read the various reviews throughout the internet before finally deciding whether or not to buy it. Since I'm also pretty damned poor waiting for sales is common as well! I likes me my cheap games.

That said there are a couple developers I trust more than others: CDProjekt RED, Valve, Bioware and Obsidian. Doesn't mean I'll buy all their games but they're at least company I consider trust-worthy enough to generally be worthy of day 1 purchase either because of a hallmark of excellence or, in Obsidians case, just usually releasing games which despite some flaws always seem to endear themselves to me.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Platinum Games, Treasure and CAVE.

Some companies like Valve make fantastic games but not all are of my personal preference.

There are other good studios out there, which make the occational dud

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Yahtzee. There's sharp, intelligent and experienced developer under his "in your face" mask.

(I understand he is part of Indie sector, but i can't think about anyone better... ;)

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Platinum Games and From Software. Man, they somehow seem to know what I like and then deliver.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
Hmm, lemme think... I'd go with Introversion, Frictional Games, anything made by Niflas and/or Edmund McMillen, Obsidian (love their un-perfect game designs, call it a guilty pleasure), Possibly Supergiant games though I'm not going to make conclusions after one game, and then maybe Microids, which I always found charming, though Still Life 2 really hurt with its major suckage.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
At this stage I'd say Arkane Studios, above all else. I'll surely buy Dishonored later this year, regardless of its reviews. Their previous two games both have Metacritic ratings in the 70s and are absolutely fantastic games.

Arkane just know what I like. Especially now that Harvey Smith's on board over there.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Nintendo and Valve. I don't think there's anything more to say.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Any company that holds a game I am interested. I am not big on the whole boycotting things...... Even though it pained me to buy TOR because of EA's support behind SOPA

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
No.

At the moment i suppose Bioware is the closest, but i didn't really start playing their games til DA:O and then i picked up DA2 and was happy with it. Decided to pick up ME2 and thought there were a couple flaws in it, was still ultimately joyful. (Like why the fuck is there DLC for it when the game and the dlc has been out for like 2 years on the xbox.) oh and i just got star wars and i'm happy with that... the load screens are a sombitch, but that's an issue with EVERY bioware game, at least for the ps3 and pc.

At the moment the people who make Heroes of Might and Magic. Bought all except for 4 and 2... xpacs included.

Blizzard up until SC2 i guess. have: warcraft 1 Orcs and humans, WC2: Tides and beyond, and WC3: reign and Frozen. Starcraft 1 and brood war (no 2 as previously stated.) and Diablo 1 and 2+LoD. Plus wow and all xpacs of that as well.

A lot of companies have a lot of stuff nowadays. It isn't just 1 niche that they have. But at the moment no company that i'm a die hard fan for.

Except Um... David fincher films. I'm a die hard fan of his.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
None. And I can't really think of a time where I ever did. Pretty much every developer has screwed up and misfired at least once. Although I guess Turn10 haven't made a bad game yet, but they have only made 4, which are all in the same series (Forza Motorsport). I still wouldn't trust that they can do no wrong. That said, I did pre-order every Forza game (except the first) without hesitation. But there's still a possibility that one day they release a piece of shit. No franchise can last forever, and if they try to branch out they may not have the expertise or experience to make it work.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Naughty Dog.

Their main games have been freakin' brilliant for what i can remember and even their racing games i've found to be pretty enjoyable both alone and with friends over.

I used to have a longer list, but after a long line of disappointments or just one major one from each developer i find unconditional love to be scarce.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Not a single one. A lot of devs seem to be dropping the ball lately and honestly I'm quite skeptical on anything that's been recently released.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
no, not anymore. used to be i could trust a brand to pump out quality work time and time again.

but not anymore, closest to come to a 'free pass' would be Relic and Atlus, cause both thus far have done right by me

Noala

Jun 3, 2010
Valve games and anything by Team Ico, (I'm unsure as to whether or not they still exist)