Is there a dev company whose games you will play, no questions asked?

random_bars

Oct 2, 2010
Double Fine. Well, okay, make that every game that's on a system which I own and is targeted at my age group, since I don't have a Kinect or a child to play Once Upon a Monster. But everything else? Sure. In a second. Everything they've made is fantastic.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
Ooh yeah definitely Sucker Punch, in fact anything from the Sony three (SP, Naughty Dog, and Insomniac. [Who is not actually owned by Sony but until recently developed exclusively for the Playstation.).

I'd say Obsidian as well but I'm not going anywhere near that South Park game, I get why they did it but I'll latch back on once that's out of their system.

And Bioware, because well... character depth unseen in games and even most films?

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Obsidian.

Ahahahahahaha! I'm kidding! It's funny because they're terrible.

But seriously, I don't know... maybe Bioware? Dragon Age 2 was the first time I've been disappointed by one of their games. I have faith that they won't release another colossal failure.

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
Valve/Aminata Design/Monolith/GSC Gameworld/Croteam/Frozenbyte/Frictional Games, anything by Jeff Minter/Terry Cavanagh

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Nintendo and Tri-Ace. And any game made by any of the Tales team. Some lovely RPGs.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
Naughty Dog. They make magical games.

I can't wait to play 'The Last Of Us'.
My thoughts exactly.

The fact that I brought a pre owned Wii so I could play Skyward Sword tells me that I will buy any Legend of Zelda that Nintendo put out. Even if I am enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles more at the moment.

Mikkelet

Mar 19, 2009
ArenaNet - more specific guild wars 2.

I would also say valve, but I don't think I'm going to play CSGO

else no, I usually judge the product on its value to me, and not the company.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
From Software. God I love those bastards. Also, to a lesser extent Atlus (do they count as developers?); I'll still ask questions but hearing that name massively increases the likelihood of me buying a game.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Black Isle and now Obsidian. Sure, their stuff is often buggy, and doesn't have the most amazing graphics but their stories are well made and very interactive, plus their gameplay mechanics are always very well thought out.

I would say the same of Troika, for the few games they've put out. Oh, and Generally Rockstar has my loyalty as well, they've let me down rarely enough that I assume the Rockstar logo means it will be fun. Oh, and Bioware, but I feel they get last mention as they are my least favorite out of this whole collection, their stuff is great, it's just... what I said earlier about Obsidian's games always featuring really well thought out, if buggy, gameplay mechanics, well I can't say that about Bioware, sometimes they get lazy or maybe just not creative enough, and their stuff is just as buggy... Still though, I love The Old Republic and pretty much all the Bioware games (though Dragon Age 2 made me want to cry, I don't want a Midevil Mass Effect, I want more Dragon Age).

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Pretty much Valve. There are other companies I like better, but the fact that they release games so infrequently and all of them have been fantastic, I just have to buy whatever they come out with. They've never disappointed me.

Also, I'll buy whatever core Pokemon games come out and I pretty much have to get the Professor Layton games when they come out.

Lawlhat

Mar 17, 2009
Valve is the obvious answer I guess. At this point CD Projekt Red is probably also on there. Rockstar, maybe? GSC, assuming that team lives on in some form.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
Bethesda. They basically own the giant open world sandbox RPG genre so I'm sold.

I mean, I'm not saying they're the best thing ever, but their games are always worth playing.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
AnotherAvatar said:
Black Isle and now Obsidian. Sure, their stuff is often buggy, and doesn't have the most amazing graphics but their stories are well made and very interactive, plus their gameplay mechanics are always very well thought out.

I would say the same of Troika, for the few games they've put out..
Get out of my head!

Also JE Sawyer could sell me spiders to eat. The man is awesome. (He answered me on twitter and I actually had a fan girl squee moment. That is not me AT ALL)

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Valve, and possibly double fine because they never make an "average" game even it has cons.

DD Commander

Jan 8, 2012
It has been said before and I'll say it again: Valve
No developer has that kind of quality in every game they make. Honorable mention goes to Team Meat, because I love Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac.