Is there a dev company whose games you will play, no questions asked?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sucker Punch and Insomniac.

They will always get my money and I will be happy to do so since I love their games to pieces.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
From. I don't like every game they make (I thought ACE R was mostly an exercise in pain, for example), but I always feel like I learned something after playing one of their games, and that's worth a lot to me.

Maybe Platinum as well, since I used to buy everything Clover put out.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Only two: Ice-Pick Lodge and ACE Team because they're both so awesome that even when they make a game that's below their standards that sub-par game is still miles better than 90% of the shit on the market today.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Well, I won't buy anything just because a certain developer developed it, but if there is any developer that has a lot of pull with me now, it's FROM Software.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I would say Platinum but then they started making the new MGS game, that's not really my thing. Maybe Atlus. I'm attempting to play Odin Sphere at the moment but my TV fucks with the resolution and all the would be beautiful 2D art looks like vomit. Trying to get that sorted.
Make more games for the 360, dammit Atlus!

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
No. I think people who blindly buy games from a developer regardless of quality are insanely stupid. I might have said Bioware in the past, but they have gotten worse over the years so I'm way more cautious over my purchases now.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
The only one I had was Blizzard until D3. If they get rid of the real money AH (not likely) I may change that.

knuckleduster

Jan 20, 2011
Valve, Bethesta, Facepunch(or is it just garry newman?) and whoever makes a mechwarrior game.

gotta have the mechwarrior games, regardless of how good it was.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Not quite Valve, but bloody close.

Blizzard. I've played every one of their games, and plan to keep that trend up, their constant batches of high quality games never ceases to amaze me. And don't get all touchy with WoW and Starcraft being lame, they aren't... If it was, nobody would play it, and I'd have to agree with you. I've even played a game they didn't actually release.

I've never known Blizzard to stoop on overall quality in their games.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
DustyDrB said:
BioWare and Obsidian. That's about it, really. I've played every Zelda game (except Spirit Tracks. I'll get to it eventually, but I didn't like Phantom Hourglass), but I don't try out most of Nintendo's output nowadays.
I will warn you right now, if you did not like phantom hourglass you will despise spirit tracks. Hourglass is one of my favorite ds games, spirit tracks one of my least. The train riding is the most monotonous thing I've ever done in a game outside of mmo's.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Uhh.... Maybe Respawn Entertainment?

CoD 4 is a great example of a game being way better than it physically should have been, and MW2 was still a solid game.

They're doing a Sci Fi FPS right now, and without any restraints on Realism and a developer forcing them to push the game out the front door, I've got a good feeling that they can release a quality product.

But besides that... Rockstar maybe? At least which ever sub division made the GTA and Red Dead games. I approve them for greenlighting LA Noire, which was at least an attempt at something different if you can get passed the whole "not fun" thing. With what we've seen, I can't see Max Payne failing, so I'm excited.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
I used to feel that way about Insomniac, but then Resistance 2 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

I also used to feel that way about Naughty Dog, but then Uncharted.

I also used to feel that way about Atlus, but then Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha versus The Soulless Army.

I also used to feel that way about Free Radical Design, but then Haze... And then bankruptcy... And then Crytek UK...

An last but not least, I also used to feel that way about Squaresoft, but then... Well, do I really need to explain this one? If you want, I can add a list. Just tell me, ordered or unordered?

So, in short, no, nobody gets my unconditional devotion.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Thus far: Rockstar, although I might want to review that stance. More recently though, Amusement Vision/Team CS1/Ryu ga Gotoku Studio. If the most recent name doesn't give it away, the studio behind the Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza games. Amazing series and probably the only good game that Sega has yet to ruin (although Sega of America has been trying to).

I'd say Naughty Dog but I've never played a Jak & Daxter game. Not that I didn't want to, just that I never played the first one and I usually want to experience the whole franchise. Crash Bandicoot 1 - Party and Uncharted are awesome though and The Last of Us looks interesting.

Mar 30, 2010
No.

Forgive me for one of those insane people who judges games on their quality.

Alright, so as not to sound like a total asshole I'll expand on my snippy response. There is no developer out there that has had every single one of their games come out as pure gold. There are a few developers out there who have grabbed my attention over the years enough to ensure that I will investigate any new release they come up with, but to guarantee a sale? Nah. I am just not that free with my cash/blind with my devotion.