Is there a dev company whose games you will play, no questions asked?

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I don't think there are any developers whose games I would buy without hesitation.

The closest is probably Valve, given I pre-ordered Portal 2 for $45, which was the only single game I've paid more than $30 for in the last five years.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
No.

Simply because not every game a given developer makes is going to be to my tastes, regardless of quality.

Quick example: I like me some Bioware, but I have no intention of buy Old Republic because I'm not interested in MMOs or Star Wars.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
The Insomniac guys had my vote until they kicked the Ratchet & Clank series in the nuts by basing the new game around four-man co-op bullshit.

I guess now I'm as jaded as everyone else.

Ian Howell

Apr 7, 2010
Platinum games all the way all of there games i loved like:
MadWorld
Infinite Space
Bayonetta
Vanquish
and there upcoming games like Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance look to be amazing

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Paradox Interactive. Not only because their games are great most of the time, but also because their community work ist just amazing. Even if they release a botched game, you can be sure their devs will be all over the forum answering every single question and churning out meaningful updates with all their might.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Nope, nothing at all. Even a dev I love will produce a game type I won't like, so I always read up on and find out about any titles I plan on buying. Usually this means two visits to a game shop to buy one game, or more recently two visits to a website to get it shipped in.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Oh that was a long time ago, there are still some franchises I will pick up blind but those are also getting very rare.
There is not one company that does everything right, no not even Valve, but I will pay more attention when reliable names are mentioned.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Nope. I would've said Square back in the day, but then they brought out XII and XIII.
I also would've said Bioware but then they released Dragon Age II.
So no, no dev is perfect.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
2 companies:
Valve, the gods of linear, compact games, who haven't put out a game I haven't played and liked yet.

Bethesda, the gods of open world, huge games, who haven't put out a game after Arena's release I haven't played and liked yet apart from Arena which was (In my opinion) horrible.

I would include BioWare in there, but they seem to be falling in quality recently, so I've stopped trusting them.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Nope. Not one. It's very possible for a company to make a bad game. very easy. So I wait to see how the game looks, or play it at a friends house first.

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
Kahunaburger said:
Nope. Always, [http://images.wikia.com/dragonage/images/a/ac/Dragon_Age_II_Logo.png] always, [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6f/Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg/250px-Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg] always [http://www.winslowaznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Duke-Nukem-Forever.jpg] wait for the reviews and the player response.
The man with the handsome avatar says the truth

henkalv

Oct 31, 2011
It is probably extreamly stupid of me, considering that their games tend to be riddeled with bugs at realease, but I have bought almost every game that Paradox Interactive have produced. They cater for the small niche that I am a part of and I have yet to find anyone who do it as well as them

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
If I HAD to choose one, that'd probably be Naughty Dog. Their old games are all classics, the Uncharted series is legendary and their new game looks really promising.

That all said, I'm still not going to buy shitty games because it was being made by some people that work for a brand at a certain time of which I bought stuff in the past and I liked. That's just stupid.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Namco.
On two conditions.

The title has to say Tekken.
It cannot have the words "Street Fighter" on it. (So, no I won't buying Tekken x Street Fighter.)