Is there a developer who has never failed you?

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
JIst00 said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Nintendo. I expect to see this answer a lot.
Lol u must have low standards or dont own a Wii. =P
I own a Wii, and I have reasonable standards. The games for the console are excellent. Especially those that come from Nintendo. So yes, Nintendo hasn't failed me yet.

JIst00

Nov 11, 2009
Fair enough, I was just severely let down by the Wii. I loved every other console and most of nintendo's library (that i played), but just felt that Nintendo stoped caring about their gamers with the Wii and just put out more franchise rehashes and gimicky games.

Anyway, straying off topic.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Valve. Steam had a shaky start (it's always been a big thing to manage though, bigger than they expected I think) and they run on a different time line, but they don't say release dates stupidly early. They don't even give a time frame, more of a "it's done when it's done", which I hold a high amount of respect for.

I've never played a bad Bioware game either, and Illusion Softworks (now 2K Czech I think) made Mafia which is all that matters to me.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
Double fine, from what i have seen ATLUS, team Shanghai Alice and cave (mind you the lack of english ports can be overlooked), but ive only played a very limited amount of atlus games.

Spleenbag

Dec 16, 2007
Valve, Bethesda (even if I didn't play that much Fallout 3), Irrational (now known as 2K Boston/Australia) and BioWare, pretty much.

On the flip side, Ubisoft has failed me every single time.

rockytheboxer

Nov 3, 2009
Spleenbag said:
On the flip side, Ubisoft has failed me every single time.
I don't think that can be true. Ubisoft has produced some great games. Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six. There's some definite quality in there.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Bungie, I have yet to have played a game by them that I didn't like and their dedication to their fanbase is something to be admired.
Also Bioware definetly and Bethesda.... so essentially the three 'B's.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
JIst00 said:
Fair enough, I was just severely let down by the Wii. I loved every other console and most of nintendo's library (that i played), but just felt that Nintendo stoped caring about their gamers with the Wii and just put out more franchise rehashes and gimicky games.

Anyway, straying off topic.
Well, gamers want their Marios, Zeldas, and Metroids and we got them. Nintendo has released more 'hardcore' games than 'casual' ones. And even then, the 'casual' games that I've played are fantastic. Nintendo is still catering to gamers, regardless if they're 'casual' or 'hardcore'.

And you're right, we are off-topic.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Troika Games! They only produced 3 games but they were pure gems:

- Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
- The Temple of Elemental Evil
- Vampire: The Masquerade ? Bloodlines

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Malfador Machinations. StormRegion. VALVe. Paradox Interactive. Stainless Steel Studios. Big Huge Games. BlueByte (excepting the horrendous abomination that was Heritage of Kings). Sid Meier/Firaxis (although I haven't played Railroads! yet). Gas Powered Games. Tilted Mill. 999 Games. Chris Sawyer. TopWare Interactive (I haven't played Two Worlds, thankfully). Impressions. Elixir Studios.

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
So far I'm going to have to go with Bioware, Bethesda, and Gamefreaks

Bioware: Star Wars KOTOR, KOTOR II, Mass Effect and, Dragon Age: Origin
Bioware didn't make KOTOR II. Obsidian did.

Anyway, the only company that I can think of is Bioware. Never liked Valve or Blizzard much.