Is there a developer who has never failed you?

rockytheboxer

Nov 3, 2009
dodo1331 said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
So far I'm going to have to go with Bioware, Bethesda, and Gamefreaks

Bioware: Star Wars KOTOR, KOTOR II, Mass Effect and, Dragon Age: Origin
Bioware didn't make KOTOR II. Obsidian did.

Anyway, the only company that I can think of is Bioware. Never liked Valve or Blizzard much.
Bioware published it though, right?

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
rockytheboxer said:
dodo1331 said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
So far I'm going to have to go with Bioware, Bethesda, and Gamefreaks

Bioware: Star Wars KOTOR, KOTOR II, Mass Effect and, Dragon Age: Origin
Bioware didn't make KOTOR II. Obsidian did.

Anyway, the only company that I can think of is Bioware. Never liked Valve or Blizzard much.
Bioware published it though, right?
No. Bioware had absolutely nothing to do with KOTOR 2. Bioware gave the rights to Obsidian because they were busying with Jade Empire.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
Valve are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Although I know for a fact this isn't the only "valve lol" answer on this thread.

I've never played a bad Ubisoft game either, however. Although I only own Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Far Cry 2.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Bioware. Bioware. Bioware.
Everyone else has failed me atleast once.
Bethesda failed me with Oblivion
Blizzard failed me with Diablo 3 (Too much time >.<) and WoW (I want WC4 Damnit!)
Valve has failed me by fucking with my good steam account ._. (If thats valves fault and not steams I dunno)
SEGA failed with Sonic... He does not need a sword or to become a werewolf! >.<

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Nope.

Valve arsed up Steam's opening month. Plus their loose interpretation of delivering a game on time, plus random item drops. Although in their defense they usually fix things when they screw up and they listen to their players, dear God I wish more devs did that.

Rare went down the tubes after the M.Soft buyout.

Turbine, well, besides that thing Turbine are actually pretty damn good. Can't fault their game support at all, so maybe Turbine.

Also Psygnosis, I liked every game they made, shame they got closed down, Wipeout hasn't been the same since.
Vale? cause of one month what was it now 4 or 5 years ago. Dude drop it, I bet u keep a book of people who owe you money in 5th grade...

OT: Are we saying devs who failed to provide what they promised or what?

If so I'll say Ubisoft, for Assassin's Creed. and EA for Spore. Although I still occasionally play both games.

grumpus

Nov 14, 2009
I'll go old school, to a time when most "developer studios" were one or a few people.

Dan/Dani/Danielle Bunten might be the greatest game developer of all time. He was Sid Meier before Sid Meier, and was actually going to make Civilization for PC, but couldn't get approval - so he made The Seven Cities of Gold instead.

M.U.L.E. and TSSOG were incredibly fun to play and brought gameplay innovations that were astounding and immediately revolutionary - which means, of course, widely imitated.

Bunten wrote extensively on game design and all kinds of wide-ranging philosophical topics. He had a deeply troubled personal life, undergoing a rushed sex change he later regretted - bravely journaling his thoughts online in a time when nobody did that. (She, whatever. I don't care to get into a debate about that.)

My point is that Bunten was a true Renaissance type of game designer/genius/artist, and designed two of the greatest games of all time almost single-handedly.

You don't find that type around much today.

Oh, and hi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Bunten_Berry

"Danielle Bunten Berry (February 19, 1949 ? July 3, 1998), born Daniel Paul Bunten, and also known as Dani Bunten, was an American game designer and programmer, known for the 1983 game M.U.L.E. (one of the first successful multiplayer games), and 1984's The Seven Cities of Gold."

gerrymander61

Sep 28, 2008
Looking Glass Studios. System Shock 1 and 2? Thief 1 and 2? The only way in which they might have possibly let me down was by going bankrupt.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
Blizzard. Although, I almost didn't pick blizzard becasue of the LAN support it starcraft II. However, Every game by blizzard I had absolute fun with.

Valve is also dear to me. (But it needs to freakin' release HL2 Ep. 3!)

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Squid94 said:
Naughty Dog and I have had a pretty good run. Same applies for Bethesda.
Definitely Naughty Dog, all of their games are my favourites of all time, so yeah, that'd be mine.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
whaleswiththumbs said:
Vale? cause of one month what was it now 4 or 5 years ago. Dude drop it, I bet u keep a book of people who owe you money in 5th grade...
Vale? Who are Vale? The thread title is: Is there a developer that has never failed you?
It's in the past, but it still happened.

Judging by your comprehension and spelling skills you seem yet to have escaped the fifth grade. Good luck with that.

death525

Aug 29, 2009
bioware, bethesda, suckerpunch, and i would say valve but left 4 dead i thought was a big load of meh
it wasnt bad but not as good as portal and halflife

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Very few developers ever let me down, because usually, I learn of a games shortcomings before I buy it. Therefore, they don't let ME down: they let other people down. Beyond that, I don't think I can separate letting me down from inconsequential nitpicking. I can ALWAYS nitpick.

vivadelkitty

Dec 21, 2008
Lucane said:
Clover Studios .... Though I think we've failed them.
Agreed...RIP Clover :( Although apparently some other people are making a sequel to Okami, so it's not a total loss...maybe...kinda.