Is there a developer who has never failed you?

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Konami, well, not the games I have played. When I think about it I've never played a bad game by Bioware. And ofcourse, Valve are good except for their laughably slow productionspeed.

hobo_welf

Aug 15, 2008
Irridium said:
Naughty Dog

Every game they made was concentrated awsome.

And Bioware, they are one of the last developers to actually make amazing single player games.
I'm not much for Sony, but I'll agree with you there. I feel like Ratchet and Clank is getting kind of stale now though.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
They all have some flaws but these never failed me personally:
Nintendo, Retro Studios, Turbine, Blizzard, Valve, Ensemble Studios ("Age of" Era), Bioware.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Given 26 years of gaming experience and the resulting pickiness that brings, it seems that if a developer has never failed me, it's only a matter of time.
  • * I would have said Cryptic Studios, but Champions Online is a mess that they seem unwilling or unable to handle properly.

* I would have said DoubleFine, but I didn't much care for Brutal Legend's incessant open-ended quest grinding or RTS aspects (though it was an otherwise smart game).

* I would have said Blizzard, but I've been around long enough to know that they've mostly just took what others did and repackaged it, and apparently they're now so paralyzed by their luck that they're afraid to ruin it by releasing anything else. Besides: Blackthorn.

* I would have said Valve, but it seems they've promised an episode of Half-Life that they'll never deliver. Besides: Ricochet, and the yearly full price box purchase ritual they apparent want us to do with the Left4Dead series souring what was previously awesome.

* I would have said Rare, but then there was StarFox Adventures and Starfox Armada (okay, that later one was Namco).

* I would have said Bioware, but then there was Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

* I would have said Bethesda, but I've played the Terminator: Future Shock demo, not to mention Redguard and Sea Dogs. I couldn't even get The Elder Scrolls Legends: Battlespire to run. Granted, I loved Daggerfall despite it being a buggy pile reminiscent of the kinds of games they made at the time.

In the end, I suppose the only ones that are in no danger of ever failing me are the ones who were cut down in their prime. E.g. Clover Studios, Troika Games, ect.

That said, it's mostly a problem of personal perception if I allow the existence of imperfection to write off anyone entirely.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
Ciarang said:
rockytheboxer said:
Bioware and Valve come to mind for me.
Pretty much this, I can't think of any other developers who haven't failed me yet.
Agreed. But I'm going to have to add Rockstar and THQ to this one. The GTA series and SvR series improve on each other every game.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
Bioware and Valve. Also Bungie to an extent, and Team Ninja are fairly reliable unless its the volleyball crap.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Valve, Blizzard, Gamefreak, Gearbox, Um...that's all that comes to mind, but yeah. EDIT: And also Doublefine.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Bioware, like most people here have said.
I'd say Bethesda, but Fallout 3...meh... I liked it at first but it became extremely boring.

id Software is one that I love, but it has a few games that I don't really like, though I haven't played them all. I just like them over-all as a company, and John Carmack is truly awesome.