Is there a developer who has never failed you?

Generator

May 8, 2009
Insomniac and Naughty Dog have both been very consistent with the games they produce. However, I'm strained to say that I haven't had any problems with them since both of them dropped some of my most beloved series.

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
I have nothing to add to this topic, so instead I will respond by giving the exact opposite:

Atlus has always come so close to making games that I should absolutely love, but always find some way or another (sometimes several) to completely drop the ball for me. Given I haven't really played every single Atlus game out there, but that's because I stopped after losing faith in them. Touch Detective came the closest, in that I actually did play it all the way through, but even that kinda left me with a "meh" feeling. Super Robot Taisen just had nothing to offer me, Odin Sphere should, would, and could have been great except that they convoluted things by making them needlessly complicated rather than keeping it simple. Yggdra Union fell prey to the "WTF AM I EVEN TRYING TO DO?!" school of game design. And I really tend to dislike JRPGs, so I didn't bother trying Persona or SMT, etc.

Currently, Atlus, for all its praise and following, has not yet produced anything I have actually fully enjoyed.

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Blizzard, Westwood studios, Relic, Bioware.
I can't belive no one has said Westwood yet, and I can most certanly NOT belive why som many picked Bethesda, I mean take a look att Fallout 3 for example; a game by a developer that big souldn't crash every 5 min, yes it is fun as hell to play (with the correct mods (a little plus because it's so easy to mod))but the rediculusly large hitboxes and characters just falling tru floors!?
EDIT: and I challange anyone who have picked Bethesda or was/is going to to justify what I pointed out.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
id has never let me down. I would've said Bioware except when they announced Star Wars: The Old Republic I died a little inside and silently cursed that they should be making KoTOR III, not some stupid MMO.

LesStewart

Jul 4, 2009
Relic is the only developer that I wasn't able to shoot down immediately too.
So many other developers don't have Relic's consistency.

I'm actually open to being proven wrong though; I was almost pissed that I couldn't think of a bad a game I've played by Relic.

Finnboghi

Oct 23, 2008
Valve and Blizz for me.

I've stood by Blizzard since I was 5 years old, when I got my first computer and Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans, and they've never once let me down (It was a close one on the LAN in SC2, but they've pulled back from the edge there).

I've only followed Valve since I first saw a teaser for L4D - and I haven't been disappointed yet.

rynocerator

Aug 10, 2009
Insomniac for me. I think they are the platforming elite. I love pretty much any platformer they put out.

rockytheboxer

Nov 3, 2009
latenightapplepie said:
I would have said Bioware. But they turned the brilliant Knights of the Old Republic franchise into an MMORPG.
Just because the next one is a MMORPG, doesn't mean they can't make another single player game.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Game Freaks (Gotta' Catch 'Em All? I did. Twice)
Bioware (They made a good Sonic game. In the 2000's. Imagine that.)
Bethesda (So what if they ony have three voice actors, their games are amazing)
Valve (Aperture Science)

I'd say Insomniac if Deadlocked had never existed, but it did, and it was a huge disappointment.

systhicsfg

Oct 1, 2008
thegreatmilenko said:
All the relic games i have played were awesome, so i guess relic
Have you never played Soulstorm or Tales of Valour?
While Dawn of War and Company of Heroes are awesome games, you couldn't consider either of these 'expansions' to be anything but failures.