Is there anything that you will refuse to do in a game?

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
YuheJi said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
There were several things in Mass Effect I couldn't do.

I never kill the Rachni Queen, even on my renegade characters. She's just kinda sitting there, begging for her life, and something just screams "DON'T DO IT!" in the back of my mind.
Hmm... I've been quite the opposite. I always thought, "She's gonna come back and try to take over the universe!"
I guarantee that decision will come back to haunt us in either Mass Effect 2 or 3.
Incidentally.. I let her go.

Reep

Jul 23, 2008
NeutralDrow said:
<url=http://www.addictinggames.com/interactivebuddy.html>This flash game. Sure, tossing baseballs for the little guy to catch isn't as exciting as, say, tossing a grenade for him to catch. Or lobbing fireballs at him. Or smacking him with a flail. Or raining bowling balls down on him.

...at least, until I realize it's shaking in absolute terror and running away from everything I do, including the harmless stuff. Then I suddenly feel like scum.
I played that game ages ago and i feel the same, its so hard to hurt him, especially when hes so happy that he starts doing flips

thats why i change the skin to teletubby so i can proceed with no remorse

Jun 8, 2009
Voodoo Child said:
At the climax of Fable 2:

If I don't
bring my dog back to life with my choice,
I feel sick with myself.

(Also, with such a pitiful "boss fight" I use the term "climax" very loosely.)
I can't bring myself to make any other choice but "the sacrifice"

To bring back ones own family at the cost of everyone elses seems like the ultimate selfishness to me.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
I, like one of the above posters, never play through a game where there's a good/evil dichotomy as the evil option on my first play through. I just feel like too much of a dick being the bad guy until I know what the good option resulted in.

Drugar

Feb 25, 2008
Even my most selfish dick personalities in games tend not to indulge in slavery. My Fallout 2 character signed up with the slavers guild (it seemed the dick thing to do) but I felt pretty bad afterwards.
Likewise, I don't enslave populaces in Rome: Total War. No problem with exterminating them if their faction has slighted me in the least though, freakin' Gauls killed one of my favorite generals, so I put them all to the sword.
Though that's usually how I play my 'eviler' roles. All fairly good, until some NPC or some faction rubs me the wrong way and I go all out destruction on them and anyone associated with 'em.

Ahem, anyway, no slavery though. The rest is a-ok.

Ajaysallthat

Jul 17, 2009
I joined the escapist because I wanted to reply to this
I can never bring myself to kill GlAdOs' nodes....the little talking things that fall out of her...without hearing what they say in portal...kinda funny
Or kill a goomba in the original Mario (They just walk off cliffs....OH THE HORROR!!!)
Or kill a togepi in Pokemon
Or kill a salesmen scrub in Zelda Ocarina of time
Take teh good path in a morality based RPG

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Finnboghi said:
Erana said:
Also, i'm not much for killing kids.
I'm the polar opposite.

If I possibly can kill a child, I can't not. (Triple negative?)

Children irk me so much in real life that the children in games have to suffer for it.

Unless it's a game like Northland where if I kill the kids, I don't get any workers.
Child labor? Sounds like my kind of game.

Games are just games. Sure there are some things that give me pause for a second, more a "did they really just say that" kind of pause. Then I do it anyway because - oh wait this is the kicker - it is not real . Sorry to be a spoiler for any of those hopping to run across The Last Starfighter sometime soon.

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
I can never bring myself to kill anyone who has helped me in the past for example,

Im playing halo3 I play with this really cool guy and then we leave the party I go on matchmaking and he is on the enemy team this time I just couldnt do it...

yep I cant kill people who have helped me that really hapend.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
<url=http://www.addictinggames.com/interactivebuddy.html>This flash game. Sure, tossing baseballs for the little guy to catch isn't as exciting as, say, tossing a grenade for him to catch. Or lobbing fireballs at him. Or smacking him with a flail. Or raining bowling balls down on him.

...at least, until I realize it's shaking in absolute terror and running away from everything I do, including the harmless stuff. Then I suddenly feel like scum.

I just can't make people suffer unless they really, truly deserve it. This generally means not attacking innocents, not overtaxing my populace...
Same. I just feel so crappy when people run away when I try to help them.
so sometimes I may accidentally wipe out towns, doesn't mean I enjoy it :( Don't hate me NPCs!

And I REFUSE to tea-bag on ANY game, there's just no honour in it... makes you look like a [Insert appropriate vulgar/insulting phrase here].

ratbob985

Nov 28, 2008
When I play a morality based game, there is no choice BUT evil, it's so much more satisfying for some reason. But I can't delete my own units in any RTS, sending them on suicide missions is no problem but I just can't kill them myself.

BiscuitsJoe

Aug 6, 2008
deathstrikesquirrel said:
I couldn't nuke megaton, something to me felt that was so abhorrent.
I was worried about feeling guilt too but... I mean, walk around the town and talk to people. They have no personalities! Plus there's a religious cult. I figured everyone was better off dead.

Sadly enough that ***** Moira lives...

adledog

Dec 28, 2008
in bioshock (after harvesting one just to see the difference) i can never harvest a little sister again