Is there anything that you will refuse to do in a game?

Deadpoolsbrain

Jun 12, 2009
ohgodalex said:
I will not kill sheep in Age of Empires 2.
This except I have trouble killing any animals in games like age of empire, star craft, or one of those build your own city from stoneage up games.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
One other thing that I remember--it's not actually something I "refused to do", but I would have if I could have--is
killing The Boss at the end of MGS3.
If there had been any other way to finish the game, I would have refused to pull the trigger.

That's also the only game that has actually made me cry.

Sviests

Jun 15, 2009
Gah.. I`m not evil or stuff, but I can do anything whenever. is it slaving, or killing some innocents. It doesn`t make me happy nor guilty.
Though one thing made me feel wrong in Fable.
killing your sister

shaderkul

Apr 19, 2009
Well, I usually revel in wanton acts of evil and shoot kids, homeless hobos, helpless citizens, bunnies and kittens in the head just because I can. Despite that, I always choose the good route first in any game just to see how boring it is. After that, i bring out the big guns and be a prick to anything that moves.

But there is one thing I'd never do: I would never use the Vile lair in Oblivion. There is something just so wrong about that place. I entered it once and never returned there.

Dirty Saint

Jul 3, 2009
the basics of no killing innocents or stealing in most games

and in Street Fighter 4 I refuse to mash the jab button just to get a few easy hits in

mendokusai

Jun 17, 2009
I've never been able to take any of the "Dark Side Points gained" conversation choices in KOTOR I & II when it comes to talking to my crew... even though some of them were annoying as hell, it just seemed wrong.

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
Voodoo Child said:
At the climax of Fable 2:

If I don't
bring my dog back to life with my choice,
I feel sick with myself.

(Also, with such a pitiful "boss fight" I use the term "climax" very loosely.)
there was a boss fight? I also chose my puppy :D even though hes like WAY too old to be living by the end of the game, seeing how you spent so much time on that island...

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Vuljatar said:
I will never, ever do any quests for the P.E.T.A. Druids in World of Warcraft. In fact, I've made it a point to wipe out their camp every time I pass by.
DEHTA. Swap it around and what do you get?
HATED

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Knonsense said:
I don't engage in child killing in Fallout or Fallout 2 (Of course, this has practical concerns in game.) I will not run a government with Mercantilism or State Property in Civilization IV, or a Planned Economy in Alpha Centauri.
I won't do any of that either, but it's not because of a moral aversion to doing so, it's because those choices tend to suck in gameplay terms. Child killing in old Fallout games has obvious drawbacks. Mercantilism and State Property suck if you're trying to have a strong economy (unless you're a warmonger) since you lose that foreign trade revenue. Planned economy in SMAC brings with it horrible inefficiency, which drags down your entire empire---Green economics is an obvious choice (if I were playing my moral choices, I'd go with Free Market, but being overwhelmed by Mind Worms and fungal blooms is not my idea of fun.)

I generally tend to play as "good" characters, just because too many games have built-in penalties for being evil. I even tend mostly to play Grand Theft Auto pretty straight because when I'm trying to advance the story having cops on my ass gets annoying---just like a real-life criminal, really...try to keep your head down.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I feel sad any time I mistreat the tea shop owner in Way of the Samurai. Whenever I play the game, I always want to do right by her... But sometimes I have to not help her in order to get certain endings. It makes me sad.

As for what I absolutely WON'T do? Eh, maybe... Actually, there's not much I won't do in a game. But I won't rape in-game. No way. And I won't kill kids for no reason. At least, I don't think I would. I don't play games that give you either option, really.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
When ever a game has a morality system I set out to be a paragon of virtue, and in Civilization 4 I never use State Property or Police State.

die4769

Mar 17, 2008
I'm game to do anything, I haven't seen a game that makes me do something so horrible that I can't bring myself to do it.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
I am pathetically incapable of playing as evil on my first playthrough as i feel i need to justify my ferociousness with equal levels of goodness.
Knonsense said:
So, as the title suggests, has an option ever popped up in a game that you have a similar reaction to? Or am I just pathetically innocent?
Both. We humans are all pathetically innocent at heart which is why we can fall in love and enjoy a sunset, cause it is in harmony with our goodness.

Oh and i cannot kill innocent animals unless they die in funny or exploding ways. I am just nice like that. I will, however, try and shoot butterflies with my bow and arrows only cause i know it won't work.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
I can't bring myself to talking Moira out of writing the Survival Guide in Fallout 3. I nuked Megaton on the first playthrough (But not before I killed everyone living there personally), spent more time lockpicking and pickpocketing than actually playing the game, joined the slavers and killed every slave I brought them after collecting the reward.
But there's just no way in hell I'm gonna crush her dreams.

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
la-le-lu-li-lo said:
Revive Elika only to undo everything you just did? I think not.
I turned the game off and left her dead.
But there's a perfectly good reason for doing so!
If you allow Ahriman to be sealed by the time you've died he'd of eventually broken free again so you have to revive Elika so you can actually destroy Ahriman rather than just seal him.

Also I won't kill kids, rape, nuke megaton or crush Moira's Dreams.

veryboringfact

Apr 2, 2009
I remember in Cannon Fodder and Cannon Fodder 2 I would always, without fail, force myself to re-load my game if ever Jools or Jops died, somehow it ceased to be a campaign and just became a series of random missions when i no longer had those guys.

Aside from that, i will usually do the most insanely evil and jerkish thing i can imagine in games, whether it's online or offline, whether or not a real person is controlling my victim does not slow me down. The way i see it, it's better I Mind Control someone into the lava at Blackrock than I push someone off a bridge irl. (And no i do not play WoW anymore)