Is this at all acceptable?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I am almost brought to tears by the number of people judging someone based on them having dandruff. Makes me want to tear my braces out for the mere idea that someone I may ever care about may treat me differently based on straighter teeth.

I used to have dandruff, or if I still have it, not much, and I didn't do anything that should've changed that. I tried getting rid of it with shampoo and it never worked. I am getting depressed thinking that people might've considered it reasonable to avoid or dislike me based on that. Deliberately keeping it may be unusual, but why the fuck should anyone care?

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Was he right to violate your freedom of choice like that? No.

Do I still however have more sympathy with him than I do with you? Yes.

The fact is mate, people don't like dandruff, and for good reason. By refusing to combat something that is incredibly easy to control your not making some kind of heroic stand against society's aesthetic values, you're just being anti-social. I used to have problems with my hygiene, and rather than actually deal with it when it would have been all too easy for me to do so, I ignored it, excused it, and got pissy at people who called me out on it. Looking back on those days I can say without doubt...

I was in the wrong.

You can get very effective anti-dandruff shampoo for very reasonable prices. There is no valid excuse not to.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Its weirder that you're willing to put up with dandruff to avoid putting in slightly more effort when washing your hair.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
That is rather creepy. With that said... you really should take care of that. :eek:

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Thats just creepy

I also have dandruff, and i cant use Head and Shoulders because i have some kind of allergic reaction to a chemical in it... happy days

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
So you have problems with dandruff, refuse to do anything about it and act surprised when people stop waiting for you to grow up... no, that isn't acceptable but not for the reasons you think.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Use shampoo you grungy bastard. I'd be pissed too if some kid who's probably living in my house rent-free was leaving dead skin all over the place. It's not like he's forcing you to wear a crewcut or anything like that.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
<INCREDIBLE RAGE DUE TO ME UNABLE TO GET RID OF MY DANDRUFF AND THERE'S SOME TOOL OUT THERE WHO HAS IT AND DOESN'T CARE>

Gah. Take advantage of the fact that you CAN get rid of it and do so. Nothing's worse than going to the prom in a tux and having to surreptitiously wipe off the dandruff every three minutes. :'(

Or just let your Grandpa do it. That also works, although it puts you in a bad light.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Duol said:
Grandpa was right.
He's just trying to save us from another "I like this girl but I got friend zoned/She doesn't like me blah blah blah" thread
I found this to be highly entertaining. Thank you.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
The Last Nomad said:
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was wondering how the fuck it didn't bother him, I had dandruff when I was a kid and it wasn't that bad but it irritated the fuck outta me. I fucking hated having an itchy scalp and getting bits of dead skin under my nails when I scratched it. What was wondering was how does it not bother the OP if its bad enough to bother someone else.
yeah i misunderstood. i thought you were saying that if it didnt bother him, it shouldnt bother his grandfather. my bad.

pwnatornr1

Jun 30, 2009
If this were in sweden you could sew that creepy bastard. or atleast tell him to stop.
(no offense, but dude, personal space, am i right?)

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
I... don't really see what's so hard about this.

yes, he's wrong to sneak into your room as you sleep and try to fix your dandruff.

Yes, you really should try switching to something like head and shoulders, because it doesn't hurt you in any way and at the very least will save you the headache of butting heads with your grandfather.

I mean, are you deliberately trying to be difficult and repulsive? Because if so, then just stop washing in general. No half measures.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
I remember having dandruff in high school and it bugged the fuck out of me. I went and bought some head and shoulders pronto. But as long as it doesn't get (and stay) all over the house I think its pretty much up to you.

May 5, 2010
You're weird for never using shampoo, and your grandfather is wierder for shampooing you in your sleep.

But seriously, just use shampoo. That's just basic hygiene. The fact you consider being asked to wash your hair an imposition makes me think your grandpa may have been a bit more justified in his actions then you're letting on.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
While that is very creepy and maybe a bit inappropriate, why don't you just wash your hair? It's not like shampoo is expensive or hard to find.