Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I don't understand why so many people think the red states want to split off so they can then... immediately attack, and conquer and then have to police the states that they hated so much that they wanted to secede from to begin with?

View attachment 966

Anyway, I'm off to watch Canadians donate thousands of dollars to someone for the memes.
I mean, that's my question. Hell, the right tends to venerate the confederacy, so you'd think succession would be fine with them. The blue states get to leave and the red states will be free from their "Tyranny". You'd think this would be a win-win for everyone.

But apparently the blue states are doomed to collapse because liberals and then the red states will be obliged to conquer us and show us how wrong we were to ever want to go....by treating us like subjects. Or so Glorfias seems to think.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I mean, I think it's clear in a discussion about the US splitting up that which states vote for a president isn't a great indicator of what could feasibly happen.

Much better to discuss cultural regions.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Honestly, I think the Blue States would create a failed state and come barging over Red States borders to escape their collapsing country. Then they would get angry with the Red Staters for trying to enforce their borders.
Lol. There's not a successful country in the world that does things the way Republicans want to do things. And there's a reason for that. It's fuckin' stupid.

If you were to leave the red states to their own devices they would die out in less than 50 years. Poor economies, poor education, no government regulation of business, poor healthcare etc. Those fuckin' morons wouldn't even have the time to realize how utterly fuckin' retarded Republican ideology truly is before it inevitably kills them all.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Lol. There's not a successful country in the world that does things the way Republicans want to do things. And there's a reason for that. It's fuckin' stupid.

If you were to leave the red states to their own devices they would die out in less than 50 years. Poor economies, poor education, no government regulation of business, poor healthcare etc. Those fuckin' morons wouldn't even have the time to realize how utterly fuckin' retarded Republican ideology truly is before it inevitably kills them all.
Oh, I don't know, there's plenty of people living in failed states with far right governments.

And while they'd not realise how awful their ideology is, that's not a matter of time, that's a matter of choosing not to.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Also a quick public announcement. This idea of splitting the country also appeared before the 2016 elections. And it was pushed to Trump supporters by Russian trolls.
Have fun, kids.

Oh, I don't know, there's plenty of people living in failed states with far right governments.

And while they'd not realise how awful their ideology is, that's not a matter of time, that's a matter of choosing not to.
Sure, but the thing about all those other far-right countries is that none of them are as stupid as Republicans. They've all figured out that you must have some type of socialized services like healthcare and education and subsidies to small businesses and farms. Republicans are utter morons who can't wrap their heads around this idea.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

To be honest, I've read that very creative entrepreneurs like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs tend to be blue while top managers tend to be red. That there is a symbiotic relationship between the 2 views. That we should be working things out. But it is very difficult with the authoritarian left calling anyone that diverges even slightly with their agenda a Nazi while the right views the blue as the 2nd coming of Pol Pot out to destroy our nation, slaughter millions in killing fields while leaving a burned out husk of a nation mired in staggering poverty where those left alive have to dig through garbage looking for something to eat.

At least R&R Ruth Bader should heal the nation. *sarcasm*

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Given what happened last time, I'm not sure I should tell you.
I already tested it. They didn't even get rid of the ability to add gifs. Makes me wonder why they had it disabled for months only to re-enable it with no changes.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I already tested it. They didn't even get rid of the ability to add gifs. Makes me wonder why they had it disabled for months only to re-enable it with no changes.
Maybe they hoped that you had learned a valuable lesson in restraint and could now handle the responsibility?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Maybe they hoped that you had learned a valuable lesson in restraint and could now handle the responsibility?
Yeah, but there's always someone new to come and be obnoxious.

Also, it was a beta. You are supposed to try and break things, and point out easily abused systems.
And signatures still suck.