It wasn't THAT bad!

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i thought final fantasy 13 was great.
i thought hyrdophobia was underrated, for a budget title.
i thought kotor was massively overrated
i thought dragon age origins was overrated and dragon age 2 was underrated
i thought attack of the clones was pretty good

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
The newest Star Trek movie: I'm a longtime Trek fan, and I thought it was awesome. I thought Benedict Cumberbatch's Khan was way better than the original, a statement that on the Internet is seemingly taken as original sin.

For books...I still liked the last two Ice and Fire books. I can see that they're not as good as the first three, but I think they're still really good books on their own merits.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
The Star Wars prequels, Bioshock 2, Alien 3.
Are they as good as their originals? No.
Are they as bad as people keep saying they are? Same answer.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
TIL people hate Ponyo. I really liked Ponyo.
I also enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII. Not on the same level as the others, but it was good for one play through.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
The Water Temple from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. From what I'd heard about it, I expected it to be a ball-buster of galactic proportions, but at worst, there were short stretches where it was mildly tedious.

Granted, I played the 3DS version, and because of the the quick-equip items on the second screen, I didn't have to deal with constantly opening the menu to equip the boots. Even so, I can't imagine anyone having an experience with it that was so bad that it earned that kind of backlash.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
People seem to quite dislike Popeye, the live action movie about Popeye the Sailor man with Robin Williams in the lead role, but to be perfectly honest, I love it.

I wouldn't put it in my top 10 (Top 20, yes), but it is a fun and wonderful kids movie that can make me smile and cry, even at 23 years of age as of this writing.

I also quite like Metal Gear Solid 2. MGS 2 was the story I revisited quite a bit on PS2 and love. It's not perfect, but for what it tried to do, it's simply incredible. Nothing about it really strikes a bad chord with me, but then again, I'm not really thinking too hard about it.

EDIT: I actually quite like In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, the film adaptation directed by Uwe Boll.

Is it a good movie? Absolutely not. No, it's terrible. Is it watchable? Yes. Doesn't matter how everybody else feels about Boll's films (He's not my favorite director by a long shot), but I actually quite liked this movie. It has the best performances you can get from the cast it has, and it's not a classic of cinema, but it can be watched, and at best, it feels like Sci-Fi channel movie with a more competent budget and some big name actors (Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, John Rhys Davies, Ron Perlman, ETC).

Fantastic movie? No. Kind of fun? Yeah, it can be.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Star Wars Prequels: I think they get a bit too much flak. I enjoyed all of them, and the Phantom Menace is probably my favorite film out of the six. Asides Jar Jar, it really isn't that bad.

Bioshock Infinite: This game isn't really as good as people make it out to be. The plot is pretty obvious, and there's about way too much time in combat then there should be. Sure, it tells it's story well and has a good turns in the path, but it goes on too long with a whole middle segment that just weighs the entire experience down.

Mass Effect 3: Not that bad. Not sure who honestly thought that they'd be able to have the a thousand and four ways you can take everyone and have clearly diverse ways it ended. Seriously, the introduction of the Deus Ex Machina machine should have been a warning it wasn't going to have a great ending. Still, the rest of the game was pretty enjoyable, and you do get some time with everyone you know.

Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan: Uhm. Boring movie with a boring villain. I sat through most of it, but in the end just shut it off and went to do something more entertaining. Like clip my fingernails.

Dead Island: Sucks. There. Done. Terrible game.

Dead Rising series: Boring, bad gameplay series. The wackyness could be good if the gameplay was even decent.

MvC 3 and SF4: I find both of these fighting games to be terrible.

Skyward Sword: It's a decent game. I'd call it good if there was more to actually explore, Fi could shut the hell up and not treat me like a retarded ADD kid and the motion controls weren't motion controls because stopping every five minutes to recalibrate the sensor isn't fun.

Lost Planet 2: Some of the most fun I have had in a while. Between the co-op, the friggin' mech and how your team mates can hang on them or help out with them whilst fighting giant monsters or enemy mech, I'm surprised the game wasn't more successful. I'd rather have another sequel in this spirit rather then what looks like LP3.

Resident Evil 5: Though short, I thought it was good. Could have been way better. And I swear that someone at Capcom added the marshland levels just because the racism claim. "Yeah, you want racism? I'll show you... grumble grumble..."

Gonna end with Dead Space 3: Honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed the co-op, especially with the co-op only moments, that have way more meaning and far more interesting if playing with a friend who has a mic. When you realize that the characters are seeing different things, it gets pretty interesting.

As for the rest of it, I didn't mind the more action focus, as it really makes sense. C'mon guys, how long can one type of monster be frightening or scary when we know how to kill it and have killed a few hundred of them at least already in the previous games. Though, I wish the limb removal was a more prominent method of killing them before unlike how it ended up.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Power Rangers Operation Overdrive, seen by quite a few as one of the worst in the franchise. I didn't mind it- it's just bland, and I'd rather hate Samurai.

Several people I follow on Twitter hated Man of Steel, saying it had fucking shaky cam. *Snort* I liked it, and I'm not really a Superman fan.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Book of Eli

None of these movies are THAT bad.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Froggy Slayer said:
This is regarding MovieBob and pretty much only him, but Amazing Spider-Man. Honestly, I thought that the only Raimi film that was better than it was 2, but he acts like it killed his family.

Oh, and Man of Steel was a really fun movie for me.
Thats because he based his opinion entirely on thd negative preconceptions he had before he had even seen the movie, rather than the quality of the actual movie.

OT: Dragon Age 2, Deadpool, Saints Row 3. People act like they're garbage, but they're great.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Dangit2019 said:
INB4 STAR WARS PREQUELS
Shoggoth2588 said:
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Chaos Isaac said:
Star Wars Prequels
Hero of Lime said:
I'll go with the Star Wars prequels.
Littaly said:
Star Wars Prequels
torno said:
The Star Wars prequels
1. Do I get a cookie?

2. Do you even Plinkett?

OT: Uh, Iron Man 3 also got flack from comic book fans, but as a guy who likes movies and couldn't give less of a shit about the Mandarin or any convoluted comic crap for that matter, it treated the character about as well as he was presented in the context of the movie.