It's so good I bought it twice!

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Earlier today, I was browsing the selection at my local GAME store, when I noticed that the Collector's Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution was on offer at £45. Although it turned out to not be in stock, I later went and ordered one online instead for £35, despite having owned the Explosive Edition game since last August. I did this for three reasons: the reduced price, the bells and whistles that come with it (I'm a real sucker for concept art books), and also because Human Revolution was my personal GOTY for 2011. I was also kinda surprised that the 'extremely limited' Collector's Edition was still on sale, brand new, after 5 months on sale, but there you go.

In HMV, I picked up the Limited Edition DVD of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World despite already owning a regular version of it, and I have several special editions of albums nestled next to their bog standard counterparts back at home, all of which I enjoyed immensely beforehand.

So, has anyone else ever bought an upgraded edition after owning the standard version, out of respect for the original work and/or to get an Adam Jensen action figure?

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I have bought A Nightmare on Elm Street Memorabilia for a long time (The Movies, in particular). I got the DVD collection for Elm Street when I was 16 (With the 3D Glasses for Freddy's Dead), I have bought the Infinifilm Version of Elm Street (Which just has another disk with special features), I have watched the Fanfilm version of Elm Street (Fantastic), and I own the Unrated Version of Elm Street 5, which is only available on some VHS tapes and Laserdisk. Yup.

There's also a mention on these forums of how much of a nerd I am for Metal Gear Solid [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.320345-Your-guiltiest-buy#13085007]. I need not repeat it again.

Hope that's good enough for me.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Half Life 2 (although it was more because of the way it was packed, bought it for the original Xbox, then the Orange Box for the 360 then all the Valve games for the PC along with the glorious Gmod).

GTA IV, first for the 360 then for the PC (gotta catch them mods, and also because I wanted to do machinima in it)

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I have the PC version of Morrowind, as well as the console version. This is mostly because I finally got a decent PC, and I could play Morrowind at max settings and with tons of mods. I probably wouldn't have considered it, though, if it weren't one of my favorite games.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I have PC and console Morrowind, And Halo 2 for PC and xbox (Although the xbox version is broken)

lolreaper

Jul 30, 2011
persona 3 in fact i bought it 3 times, the original version when it came out, fes in 08 and persona 3 portable back in august

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Orange Box, Oblivion, No More Heroes and Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time is the only game I have bought three times (N64, Gamecube Limited Edition disk, 3DS).

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
My brother bought Fallout 3 on release on my computer, and also bought the game of the year edition for 360 because it had all the DLC.

This doesn't count but I find it amusing: My brother had to wait a week for payday after Arkham City came out, and sent me to get itfor 360. After that, we found out my other brother had bought the game on release day for his PS3 and didn't tell anyone.

They did the same thing for Skyrim.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I have double-dipped on a couple of movies.

The first was Underworld, as I wanted the director's cut after having seen the theatrical. Mostly, though, I wanted the comic book and second disc that came with the director's cut.

Actually, the second, Natural Born Killers, was for that exact reason....

But I only spent another, like, $3 for each additional edition, so it's not like I'm spending a lot on them.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I normally don't own the same thing twice, but I know someone who owns ten different versions of Ghost in the shell, I shit you not, even if it's something as simple as a different art card or a slightly different box art, he owns it. I could never be like that though, my OCD wouldn't let it happen.

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
Bought (believe it or not) Bayonetta twice two years ago -- a U.S. PS3 retail copy, and another Japanese retail PS3 copy for the japanese audio and cheesecakey cover art (I can't help it, I find her visually appealing, no matter what Yahtzee might think on the matter :p). And before anyone asks/comments, I happened to have the 2 consoles because I bought one here in the U.S. a year after (initial) release, and lived abroad on student exchange for university a few years back.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I own THREE COPIES OF PORTAL.

XBLA version, then bought the Orange Box for 360, then downloaded it when it was free on steam.

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
i own 2 copys of fallout 3 and NV, 2 copys of GTA SA, and 2 copys of SWBF2.

i really cant keep track of my games, i bought them all because i lost them and then i found them like 2 months after rebuying them.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I have console and PC version of FO3, FO:NV, Borderlands, Orange Box and Bioshock 1.

I prolly have some other double games as well, but those are the ones I can remember from top of my head.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I bought the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection eventhough I already own both the original games, same for GoW 1 and 2.

I also bought LoTR 4 times; Theatrical Version (DVD), Extended Edition (DVD), Theatrical Version (Blu-Ray), Extended Edition (Blu-Ray).

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
3 copies of Oblivion (Launch 360/GOTY PC/5th Anniversary PC)
2 of Skyrim (Collectors 360/Standard PC)
2 of Morrowind (Collectors PC/GOTY Xbox)
2 of Halo Reach (Because my first copy broke. So a Legendary/Standard)

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
i bought fallout 3 five times xD. First time i got it was the standard edition for 360, then i bought goty edition on pc.
Then my 360 broke so i bought it for ps3, then i bought 2 of the different collectors editions too. I also have 3 copies each of KOTOR and KOTOR II