It's so good I bought it twice!

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
I have bought Gift copies of a few games on Steam. Not for myself so it probably doesn't count though;

Bastion
Binding of Issac
BIT TRIP RUNNER
Super Meat Boy
Limbo
Orcs Must Die! + DLC

Also have a spare copy of Mass Effect I bought to put on Ebay, same with Battlefield 1942 and a spare disc of WoW that was like, £2 and is still unused.

Oh and if anyone wants to trade games on Steam for any of those, PM me.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Oblivion, black adder and black books. Oblivion's one of my favourite games, and black books and blackadder are two of my favouite TV series ever

s2dio

May 21, 2008
I've had nearly every incarnation of the movie "TRON". I had it on Beta, VHS, Laserdisc, DVD, and now Blu-ray. "Predator" (1987) I owned on Beta, VHS, DVD, and now Blu-ray. Either I like them a lot... Or I shop too much while high.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Once I obtain the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, I will own the games three times over -- once individually, once as the Collector's Edition box set (minus MGS4), once as the HD Collection. BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME.

I would buy a Homeworld box set so hard that my fangirly jaw would be drooling all over the floor, were it to exist. RELIC WHY HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN US

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
lolreaper said:
persona 3 in fact i bought it 3 times, the original version when it came out, fes in 08 and persona 3 portable back in august

Pretty much this minus the original and I'll probably pick up a vita for Persona 4 Golden when it gets released in the US

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
After some unfortunate events, I had to move. I lost all my Gamecube games, so I ended up getting back most of my favorites that I felt like playing. My choices were Wind Waker and Skies of Arcadia. My brother got the rest of the missing games.

My father was a big movie lover. He had a giant collection of VHS tapes. One day he decided to start re-buying them on DVD along with new movies, and me, him and my brother would watch them together. It was actually a lot of fun.

I got a bunch of old games from my childhood on the Virtual Console on the Wii, including Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Star Fox 64 and all the old classics I missed. Still missing the old Bomberman games (particularly The Second Attack) and I need to get the Rare games...

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I few old gamecube games, I'm not sure what happened to them.

I'l be picking up the Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition when it drops also.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Well, I got the PC version of KOTOR 2 after playing the X-Box version. While not technically superior right out of the box, it does have the content restoration mod available, so I consider it the superior version. ;)

[sub]lol, PC elitism FTW.[/sub]

Paul

Aug 21, 2009
I can only think of two games that I've bought twice, though I imagine there will be more. There were others that I did the same thing with but since I did not own a copy beforehand I don't really consider them to fit with the topic. I bought a second copy of Driver 2 when a friend lost my first disc, meaning I could only play about half of the game, in two of the four cities that were actually possible. The second was Call of Duty 4, and I bought a second copy of it since my first copy was in such poor condition. I no longer have the first copy since damage to the middle of it pretty much caused it to disintegrate over time. I don't even mistreat my games so I'm not sure how it happened but if memory serves correctly, I bought it used since it was one of the first games I bought for my 360 and I was low on funds at the time.

Kalamala7

Guido Fawkes
Sep 7, 2011
I enjoyed oblivion on PS3 then found there were mods on xbox version and was getting a xbox soon so picked it up and then I got it on PC for just under £10 because it had mods which I heard were good.

Desaari

Feb 24, 2009
I bought the director's cut version of Kingdom of Heaven after owning and enjoying the theatrical version, and hearing a lot of praise for the director's cut. Turned out I preferred the theatrical cut, but whatever.

I own 2 copies of Battlefield 2142, because the patches are retardedly large and I had a terrible internet connection at the time. So I have the original version and an edition that came patched.

I also have 4 or 5 copies of Battlefield 1942 because they were cheap as chips, and I've given some CD keys to friends so they can join me if I can find a way for them to download the data (torrents didn't work because they're designed to work with a provided crack).

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
I bought the Metroid prime collection, when that was brand new. And I owned all of the three original games beforehand.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I have 2x CEs of AoE3, 1x AoE3 complete, 1x warchiefs, 1x TAD...
1x AoM CE (with the Minotaur figurine, which is rare) and AoM:TT...
1x AoE 1+2 jewelpack
1x boxed copy of AoE2 and it's expansion
1x original boxed copy of AoE 1
1x boxed copy of RoR + 1x manual and disk.

I also have AoE online, but I don't keep it on my collector's shelf of pride.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I bought the normal edition of Assassin's Creed 2, loved it so much that I then bought the Limited Black Edition (Statue/art book/ soundtrack/ movie)

I was really skint when AC: Brotherhood came out and couldn't afford £75 for the Limited Codex Edition, so got the standard edition. Two months later (on ubisofts own website) I found the Codex edition for £35 so had to buy!

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
TF2, i was given the Orange Box for ps3 one day and i love that little game, i watched a few vids of the pc version and i bought it for pc the next day

that was right after the heavy update i think

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Metal gear 3 I bought twice mostly because of the camera upgrade.

Dark Chronicle I bought because the f*n disc died on me.