I've Become Everything I've Ever Hated.

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011
Well, I tend to go the other way around actually. For example, once upon a time, I actually somewhat liked Dubstep, and I did listen to it quite often because for lack of anything else. 4 Months later, I can't stand Dubstep, and I just listen to Jazz, Blues, Fusion or at times, Electro

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I used to only listen to rock/metal really but after listening to alot of Black Metal (I mean a shit tonne about 25 gigabytes on my Ipod are black metal) it opened my way to listen to alot of electronic bands who could create an atmosphere, I can credit this change to Ulver's Perdition City mostly.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Yes.

Join the Tea Side.

Let the leaf flow through you.

OT: I used to hate coffee, but then I had this lovely cappuccino when I was on holiday.

I love cappuccino...
Tea is amazing. Took me a while to learn proper tea-making techniques, but now I know. As for coffee, it's alright. Tea is much preferred.

EvilTaco67

Jul 25, 2012
I Used to hate botton-downed shirts
but now...
I cant stop wearing to everything
Im a victim of pure Irony

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Cheese. It and I have had a love/hate relationship for years. As a child I loved it, as I grew slightly older I hated it and the thought of it being in my food would make me unable to stomach the food and recently? Recently I discovered I quite liked it in things.

And so began a Pizza binge.

Still hate it by itself unless it's really mild but I wont eat that either because what's the point of having something that doesn't taste like itself?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Tea tea, glorious tea!

I love all tea, currently drinking a good ole cup of Yorkshire tea, but have a new bag of Gunpowder tea to tuck into next week!

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
I used to hate Country music. With a passion. I still hate modern Country music, but I have since discovered Johnny Cash in a more than cursory fashion. Then because everyone covered pretty much everybody else's songs back then, I got lead to more and more country singers and eventually worked my way over to the crooners of the 40's and 30's and started getting into Jazz a little bit too.

Since a good portion of this thread is devoted to Coffee vs Tea, I'm on the Coffee side. Specifically, iced coffee. I want to like tea, I really do, but I've just never found any that I could tolerate.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Oddly enough, I don't like coffee OR tea. And I find the ridiculous peer pressure regarding something as simple as a drink to be entirely demeaning behavior.

OT: I'm sorry, but it's impossible for me to become what I hate. That would require me to drop my IQ 80 points and start jabbering on loudly about Conservatives, Muslims, and people who live in The South. In short, I wish to go on record to say that my father is a moronic bastard who can't see over his own ass in a discussion.

But I will say there was this one strange moment involving cole slaw. I don't like it and I was never forced to or pressured to eat it because it was an optional sidedish, but there had been a brief instance when I decided that cole slaw was alright. Some time later, I hated it again and have not changed that since. There are, additionally, things my folks thought I hated that they mistook. It's all very complicated here sometimes.

Alcoholidayer

Sep 16, 2012
Used to dislike Christiano Ronaldo a lot...chanted Messi when he played...my opinion changed when I read some rather less known and nice things about him, like how he does not have any tattoos because of how often he has to donate blood. Messi's still my favourite, but I respect this guy too now.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
I used to hate south park, but then I watched the make love not warcraft episode and fell in love.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I had a similar transition to you OP, but instead of not drinking tea and drinking tea it was being straight edge and then being a pot head.

Also when I was very young I was a devout Christian patriot and now I am an Atheist Communist.

Such cases.

Oct 27, 2010
FaceFaceFace said:
I used to like milk, cheese, ice cream, and other assorted dairy products. Now I'm lactose intolerant.
This happened to me as well. Icecream was like, my favoritest thing in the whole world, now I get sick when I eat it, which is what I do anyways because fuck not eating icecream.

Also, tea is good. tea lattes are good. tea candy is good. I have nothing bad to say about tea...unless it's passionfruit tea. That's not tea, it's liquid garbage.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
excalipoor said:
Me, all I hate is hypocrisy.

That up there on the line above, that's a joke. Feel free to laugh.
Hahah! I hated hypocrisy as well as heartless cynicism and those morally questionable, inhumane acts geared toward petty selfish gain.
...And I still do!
Unless it's me doing it, of course.

I am sitting upright at my desk with my hands folded, smiling right now.
Feel free to run at any time.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
..I used to hate red curry as a kid, nowadays I love it. That's all I can think of right now... I need to go eat at an Oriental restaurant again.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
I'll admit I've grown a slight like for tea as well.

Definately grab a hot chocolate on the go though. I like mine big, with whipped cream and lots of sprinkles!
(Its how a MAN drinks it! XD)