Jack Thompson Blames T2 Woes On Divine Retribution

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
The almost-pleasant tone of the email is belied by comments made by Thompson in an email sent to GamePolitics [http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/12/26/jack-thompson-says-he-will-lead-shareholder-revolt-oust-t2039s-strauss-zelnick] on December 26, in which he called Zelnick an "incompetent, reckless goofball" and said he was gearing up to lead a shareholder revolt against the current management team. "TTWO is today trading at about $7 per share.
Really? He called him a "goofball"? That's just sad...

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Jumplion said:
bodyklok said:
I never liked Jack Thompson but just out of interest how does he consider him self a friend of T2 and is Jewish or christian I don't know that much about ether of those religions but I thought Jewish people said Shalom.
Ranooth said:
So now he wants all Christians and Jews (im guessing Shalom is a Jewish term, i have no idea on religions) to hate him as well as gamers. Well this twat has balls, il give him that.
"Shalom" means one of 3 things depending on how you use it; Peace, Hello, and Goodbye. And now you know! And knowing is half the battle!
What's the other half?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
dekkarax said:
Jumplion said:
bodyklok said:
I never liked Jack Thompson but just out of interest how does he consider him self a friend of T2 and is Jewish or christian I don't know that much about ether of those religions but I thought Jewish people said Shalom.
Ranooth said:
So now he wants all Christians and Jews (im guessing Shalom is a Jewish term, i have no idea on religions) to hate him as well as gamers. Well this twat has balls, il give him that.
"Shalom" means one of 3 things depending on how you use it; Peace, Hello, and Goodbye. And now you know! And knowing is half the battle!
What's the other half?
Fighting it? How the hell should I know, I don't write these things!

Jul 9, 2008
AceDiamond said:
You know I just realized he spent time talking in the third person according to some of those quotes.

His self-absorbtion knows no bounds. It's like when Jerry Falwell died Jack Thompson decided he'd have to take his place as "that other nutty Christian guy"
Oh yeah. Wasn't Falwell that guy who claimed that 9/11 happened because god was angry at feminists?

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
orannis62 said:
AceDiamond said:
You know I just realized he spent time talking in the third person according to some of those quotes.

His self-absorbtion knows no bounds. It's like when Jerry Falwell died Jack Thompson decided he'd have to take his place as "that other nutty Christian guy"
Oh yeah. Wasn't Falwell that guy who claimed that 9/11 happened because god was angry at feminists?
And homosexuals, too. Don't forget that.

I'm almost starting to pity this guy. Almost. I mean, just look at his picture, Jack used to a clean, well-dressed (if not respectable) "lawyer." Now he's just a unshaven couch potato slowly cooking his mind inside out while gently caressing an unwrapped copy GTA IV, so subtly repressing his innate desire to play it.

Necrodin

Dec 24, 2008
Divine fucking retribution? are you kidding me? Scripture says so? Im not religiuos but i'm going to go ahead and assume that the passage "And so, in retribution of Marks ill gotten fish sale profits, the lord smoteth his stock value twiceth over! and the people rejoiced." Doesnt exactly excist.

Miles Tormani

Jul 30, 2008
All this talk about divine retribution, and all I see is how he's smiling slightly while holding his brand new copy of Niko Bellic joy.

This is hardly news, but as someone else said before, it's actually really funny to hear about Mr. Thompson's ramblings. As mean as such a statement is.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Jack Thompson is a fascinating man. Any other man with his level of insanity and hatred by others would have been in an asylum ages ago but not him... oh no...
This very letter shows several points of his insanity: "Curse you Take-Two, I shall make you suffer by buying more of your stocks that nobody wants to buy during the economic crisis" or "The economic crisis is caused by God because of your games"
I do not hate the man... of course I would put at least 10 bullets in his kneecaps or hit him on the head with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire, but this man is insane, he needs (no deserves) to spend the rest of his life in a tropical island far far away from any of us taking experimental electro-shock treatment.

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
Jursa said:
Jack Thompson is a fascinating man. Any other man with his level of insanity and hatred by others would have been in an asylum ages ago but not him... oh no...
This very letter shows several points of his insanity: "Curse you Take-Two, I shall make you suffer by buying more of your stocks that nobody wants to buy during the economic crisis" or "The economic crisis is caused by God because of your games"
I do not hate the man... of course I would put at least 10 bullets in his kneecaps or hit him on the head with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire, but this man is insane, he needs (no deserves) to spend the rest of his life in a tropical island far far away from any of us taking experimental electro-shock treatment.
Mental instability is what makes a great man these days.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Jumplion said:
bodyklok said:
Ranooth said:
Thanks GI... I mean dude.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I'd just like to say, on behalf of Christains everywhere, this man doe not speak for us, and cannot be used as a representation of us.

And doesn't Blasphemy seem a tad more sinful than selling violent games to minors?
Who is your representative?

darksideslight

Nov 26, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I'd just like to say, on behalf of Christains everywhere, this man doe not speak for us, and cannot be used as a representation of us.
Very true, but left leaning publications like the Escapist and others will no doubt keep reporting on the guy's antics, regardless of the fact that the journalistic motives for doing so are largely sensationalist and agenda-driven.

The guy is old news, and even during his 15 minutes, his actions were made largely irrelevant by his over-the-top tomfoolery. He's a great punching bag for liberals though, so expect to see coverage on the Escapist every time he sneezes or breaks wind.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
4thegreatergood said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

And doesn't Blasphemy seem a tad more sinful than selling violent games to minors?
Who is your representative?
Hmm, let's see...

[whisper]Is the Pope crazy?... Ok, so the Pope is out...[/whisper]

*Ahem*

Temporarily, we have decided to name Bob the Rock as our representitive.

Please base all your assumptions about christians on Bob.