Japan Finishes Life-Size Gundam

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Tenmar said:
Not a huge SEED fan myself(thought it got too angsty and didn't focus on the war or the trials, got too rapped up in the genetics and the protagonist and his friends relationship) but they did do one thing few Gundam series do.

They killed off characters that made other minor characters change their outlook on life. It wasn't like the scientists in Gundam Wing that blew up a station in space made a difference but really didn't cause an impact of future charcter development.

I still liked Wing better than Seed because that series had a good balance between character development and war and was short enough(remember back in those days 50 episodes was considered LONG and 25 episodes were considered average) that one could watch and appreciate the series. Seed just seems so dragged out going past 50 episodes.
...SEED had 50 episodes. Wing had 49. :p

skcseth

May 25, 2009
That's friggin' awesome right there. Kinda makes me wish Japan would've given us a statue instead of France all those years ago...

Why do they have to take it down though? I can't plan a trip to Japan in two months!!!

Micklet

May 21, 2009
my birthdays on the 26th, Japan, if you read this in time, i would much appretiate one of these to stand gaurding my lands.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Skizle said:
is a giant transformer next? or possibly Char's zaku?
No, now they need to get to work on that fully-functional Veritech VF-1 Valkyrie fighter I ordered from them FIVE YEARS AGO.

...uh, I mean. Um. Hey look, a big distracting thing!

*points, then flees*

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
On a side note, I still think that the One-Year War Series is the best.

08th MS Team, 0080, 0083 and Blue Gundam are still the best.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I can see it now.

"Today, President Obama recieved a very disturbing report from the Seceratry of Defense. It was a single sentence - "The Japanese have finished the Gundam".

This development places America at a serve disadvantage, as the SPARTAN-II program will not be ready for several more years, and America currenty has no way to counter the immense power supposedly wielded by the Gundam.

GI Joe and Captain Mitchell were unavaliable for comment."

Spirit_Of_Fire

Feb 28, 2009
How ironic that I saw this thread at the same time as having gundam seed running on youtube.
I always wondered if there ever would be a life size model of a gundam and now there is. How awesome.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Well this explains Japan's population problem.

They're to busy building giant pointless robot statues to focus on breeding.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
CountFenring said:
They should do Gundam Wing, that was a good show, I don't remember watching the show with that one.
Bah, Gundam Wing. For all Treize Khushrenada was awesome, Wing itself was merely "okay."

Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, 0080: War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, Turn A Gundam, Gundam SEED... all better than Wing, and then some. ;)
But I never watched those! The only one's I watched were wing and a really horrible one where Earth was an arena for televised Gundam battles.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
One of my friends is a die-hard Gundam fan--when she came to visit me from Tokyo and when she saw the Gundam store in Den-Den Town (it's the Akihabara of Osaka), her face lit up, she let out a literal "Squee!" and she skipped into the store. As soon as I saw story, I grabbed my phone and texted her. I just got a reply full of palpable glee. I know where one of her weekends is going.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
CountFenring said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
CountFenring said:
They should do Gundam Wing, that was a good show, I don't remember watching the show with that one.
Bah, Gundam Wing. For all Treize Khushrenada was awesome, Wing itself was merely "okay."

Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, 0080: War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, Turn A Gundam, Gundam SEED... all better than Wing, and then some. ;)
But I never watched those! The only one's I watched were wing and a really horrible one where Earth was an arena for televised Gundam battles.
G Gundam. It was basically a joke series. Man I need to watch MSG and Gundam Wing in original Japanese...friggin unintelligible dubs.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Anyone that has played Red Alert 3 will know how shit scary this is.

Shogun Gundam Executioner

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Though the original RX-78-2 Gundam design looks painfully retro these days, and wouldn't look nearly as cool as, say, a 1:1 replica of the Nu [http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/z/msz-006.jpg]
DeathScythe and Epyon trump them both, this is fact.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
ChromeAlchemist said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Though the original RX-78-2 Gundam design looks painfully retro these days, and wouldn't look nearly as cool as, say, a 1:1 replica of the Nu [http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/z/msz-006.jpg]
DeathScythe and Epyon trump them both, this is fact.

Pfft, whatever. Epyon and Deathscythe weren't even the best MS in Wing.