Japan Says America's Godzilla is Too Fat

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Has anyone bothered to consider that the creature design might have been based on a more realistic depiction of the physicality of mass/scale?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
s_h_a_d_o said:
Has anyone bothered to consider that the creature design might have been based on a more realistic depiction of the physicality of mass/scale?
No, because in a realistic depiction of Godzilla he would be unable to walk or even stand upright under his own weight. Let's face it, there's nothing about Godzilla that has ever been remotely realistic.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Olas said:
s_h_a_d_o said:
No, because in a realistic depiction of Godzilla he would be unable to walk or even stand upright under his own weight. Let's face it, there's nothing about Godzilla that has ever been remotely realistic.
I did say more realistic.
:|

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
As far as I'm concerned, that's like saying that Japanese Godzilla "is too nuclear-based".

National interpretations of monsters reflect what the nation fears. America fears an obesity epidemic. Soooo...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
-Ezio- said:
how dare they! fat shaming is just horrible... poor zilla.
fat-shaming

I'm pretty sure that they just don't like changes to their "own" monster. Remember what gamers thought of <link=http://www.obifrankenobi.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/super-mario-monster.jpg>live-action koopas?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I'd like a slightly slenderer, more agile looking monster too.
Perhaps he can fight Mega Slenderman for contrast in his current incarnation, though?

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
lacktheknack said:
-Ezio- said:
fat-shaming

I'm pretty sure that they just don't like changes to their "own" monster. Remember what gamers thought of <link=http://www.obifrankenobi.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/super-mario-monster.jpg>live-action koopas?
you get i was kidding right?

and anyway. i think the koopas were the least objectional part of that movie.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
-Ezio- said:
lacktheknack said:
-Ezio- said:
fat-shaming

you get i was kidding right?

and anyway. i think the koopas were the least objectional part of that movie.
I wasn't sure. :p

And yeah, they were, but to speak of the rest of the movie gives me great pain.

Nov 28, 2007
Well, people write what they know, so an American Godzilla being fat makes sense.

[small]I'm an American, don't kill me.[/small]

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
This just in! Someone posted a nasty, angry, racist, sexist, and/or otherwise mean-spirited comment on a youtube video!

Are we really turning to youtube comments as news-worthy happenings?

Holy shit what's happened to us?! What have we become?!

We're "bigger" monsters than this newest Godzilla.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
'98 film was average. Still better than anything Japan produced. And it looked more animalistic than a dude in a shitty suit.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Near pointless news article point aside, I'm happy just to talk about my boy Godzilla. I'm actually really liking the new look, I'm surprised. Also this is the first I've seen of what looks like Rodan. I'm thinking the film plot seems to be about luring Godzilla into the city to battle with this flying Kaiju or something along those lines?

I'm down for some monster on monster action.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Since when has Godzilla not been a walking tub of lard and scales? haha I think its less about raw body fat in this instance and more just different proortions like his head n arms being smaller.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
This is legitimately some random guy from Japan who just said he looks fat. I don't think we can credit the general opinion of all Japanese people to the thoughts of some guy on 2chan.

Anyways, the CG looks way too fake for me.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
They never said that Leatherback from Pacific Rim was too fat! Why say that Godzilla of all the monsters needs to go on a diet?

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Say what you want, this still looks like it'll be way better than the 98 movie. I may even watch it eventually, if only for curiosity's sake.