Japanese Engineers Build Bottle Rocket Firing Exoskeleton

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
All this thing needs is a grappling hook now.

Why? Everything needs a grappling hook.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Something tells me it would have troubles bending over to pick something up off of the ground.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
tehbeard said:
Is it just me, or does the rig look like a Version 1 mock up of a Portal 2 robot cosplay suit?

Damn you're right! All you would need is some plastic plates and a giant red LED light.

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
Very cool! I did laugh at loud a thte bit about the screw threader, though in the midst of everything. "Why doesn't the screw go it! It should go in! Ohhhhhh, screw threader!" It was just a wonderfully exaggerated moment.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Of course my first reaction, being an engineering student, was: I WANT TO MAKE MY OWN!!!!

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
See why doesn't the rest of the world make interesting stuff like this, fuck western civilisation, I want exoskeletons!

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Is it really so hard to attach actual firearms? :p

Seems like the ultimate nerd place they got going there. "Let's make a fun exoskeleton!"
Did they go play with it.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
This. Is the greatest thing that has ever happened on Earth. Get me schematics, I want to build one. NOW.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I would think this -could- be used in conjunction with powered exo-skeletons (they have them for lower bodies, at least) to create a sort of enhanced reach and strength set up. Might be useful for construction workers or people moving heavy equipment and furniture!

Also mech battles.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
how is it that japan uses all the great technology the world can offer, and make something so magnificent...yet totally useless....

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Fuck yeah! Now let's throw a gas-powered motor on that sucker, attach some RPG's to the arms, and give him some night-vision goggles just for the hell of it!