Japanese Engineers Build Bottle Rocket Firing Exoskeleton

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
This is too amazing!! I would love to have one of those!!

RIIISSEEEE GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!!!!

I know the article says it won't kickstart gundams, but.. I mean.. come on LOOK AT IT!!

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the article and it was enjoyable to watch and read, but this really isn't what I had pictured from the front page's title of "Japanese Build Rocket Suit". Given the opportunity though, I'd much rather take the HAL out for a spin, rockets or no rockets.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Advance this in the territory of proper powered armor and outright mechs, along with bringing back the airship, and you'd have my technological utopia.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
...I need to figure out how to make one, then cosplay as Gurren Lagann. The mech.

Augh, fanboy suppressed, sorry.

This is damn awesome. Only thing I'd be worried about: falling. Walking like that is like walking on stilts, I'd imagine.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Wow, that's damn impressive, especially when it's made from only three men.

Grimrider6 said:
Natdaprat said:
I think the most important question raised by this video is this: where the hell did they get that 1litre can of coca cola?!
Japanese vending machines.

Where are the panties?

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
Why are people so hung up over how the thing looks?

This is a FEAT of engineering!

I can already think of at least 3 ways in which this suit will be beyond useful.

TheHaunted

Nov 25, 2009
It's nice to see an exoskeleton which would make good equipment for a bouncer, I wonder if they'll ever release it here.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Sayonara dreams of having super exo-skeletons. They will now serve to the race of hyper intelligent sharks who will no doubt use them to rule the human race.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
An outer shell + a voice changer = the most epic doorman ever.

Imagine that thing asking for your ID.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
we're so much closer to the stuff from GitS than we thought! from non-combat applications of exoskeletons, how about powered-up american football?

wizzyboy12

Apr 24, 2010
Hope it's waterproof :p

Nah but seriously, they got struck by an earth quacke and now flooding pretty bad and all

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Unlike Pakistan, haiti, or China Japan has an actual plan for stuff like that as well as building codes and the like. Okay, China has building codes too, but if a building's not up to snuff a bribe does just as well. The first step towards the Nemesis Dreadknight is complete, now they just need to add the motors the americand developed and they'll have a fully exposed combatant that's got a big tall profile!

What could possibly go wrong?!