Japanese Pop Star Draws Crowds Despite Being a Hologram

LCP

Dec 24, 2008
3 seconds listening to that, my ears are bleeding. However, holograms? holy crap!!

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Don't the Gorrilaz usually do something similar to this? That just seems a little weird... wait what am I thinking, It's Japan..

rokkolpo said:
Shouldn't we have seen this coming after the Gorillaz.
Damn Ninjas.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Soon the Japanese will replace all of humanity with this and that creepy dancing robot.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
The meowing in the third song kinda raised my "Wth" alarm but otherwise that seems pretty normal. Honestly, I think robots would be better than some bands. I'm looking at you Nickleback.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Why didn't they replace the band with synthisizers?

Still, apparently, it's the end of the world. Been nice know you'all.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I dunno; she doesn't seem significantly more synthetic than any of a number of "real-life" singers, especially given the heavily manufactured pop-acts that came out in the last decade. And at least "she" is up front about it.

The heavy sexualization of very young teenage girls is, as always, kind of creepy, but the hologram/synthetic voice part I don't really have a problem with.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
S1m0n3 is real and she's an animu girl.
We knew this day would come.

EDIT: Also: Japan. Their pop stars already pretty much look and act like this.

wunderguy

Sep 4, 2008
whoa whoa whoa how could we forget these peeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ncw2jsoi8I

LCP

Dec 24, 2008
Thinking about it, if this is what is going to be done with holograms, i say send them back! to hell!

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh Japan you never cease to amuse me.
I'm gonna quote [user]AboveUp[/user] from a Twitter post because I think this applies to here:
"I'm starting to believe that asians aren't really part of the human race. Aliens must've dropped 'm here out of shame."

I love you Japan.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
At least in the case of this teenage pop star we won't have to worry about her being a ***** at studios, getting drugged up or become an alcoholic and then refuse rehab, or posing in racy clothes or close to nothing in music videos.

Wait, that last could happen. Shudder.

The application here is cheesy but at least there was effort put into the modeling. A very tall girl, she is.
Wouldn't mind seeing what else gets done with this tech.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
josh797 said:
im seriously creeped out that people like this. it wasnt even very good, it sounded so synthesized, my mac could sing better.
I have to agree, the music sounds so synthesized. I can understand the idea behind this and think it's a cute gimmick but there's no way I'd plunk down my money to see a whole concert like this. Atleast I finally know where the frak that character is from now.

Killing_Time

Mar 7, 2009
I don't think I'll ever understand Japanese pop culture... then again I'm not sure I'd ever want to.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
zehydra said:
-Drifter- said:
I read the headline and suddenly I realized: We're in the motherfucking future.
Lol yeah, and now they're developing flying cars for the military.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/innovation/11/11/flying.car/index.html?iref=allsearch
Well we still got nearly 5 years to give everybody one of those and a Hoverboard.