Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Tale of Two Poets

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Spot1990 said:
Pretty good. The description is off though. Poetry is not prose, prose is just normal written or spoken language.
The description isn't the only thing that's off... Yahtzee's poem was alright, but Sterling's rhyme scheme is simply a crime against poetry.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I wouldn't call it a crime, it's just terribly basic. Which is fine. Yahtzee's had more fun with the structure, but I wasn't exactly expecting iambic pentameters.

Besides, if it's open-mic, they should both be free to structure the poems however they please.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I liked this and it certainly has potential but it was lacking a certain energy.

I would love to see more but I feel like that, between the two of you, you have could really brought it to life a little more. It reminded me of the first episode of Jimquisition a little because it was just both of you stood in front of a white background talking. Were you going for a sort of "dingy open mic night feel"? That could totally work but it felt a little unrefined.

Also, it felt like you were both in the same video as more of a coincidence than collaboration. Just two entirely separate poems that merely happened to follow on from each other. I'd like to see some back and forth or some sort of relevant connection. You could do poems that are related somehow or perhaps just email verses between each other and then paste it together, add some pzazz and BOOM. Solid gold.

Look forward to seeing more either way though.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Jim said he was working on something new with someone but I didn't expect anything like that. The first few mins were a bit weird but then it got quite funny.

On the Dtoid post of this someone randomly commented 'Susan Arendt is one of the best people alive'...OK?

empirialtank

Jan 22, 2010
Next week the Jim vs Yahtzee rap battle!

also was i the only one who thought the ps4 salesmen sounded a bit like Slippery John from the Mogworld audio book?

ellieallegro

Mar 8, 2013
Drm is shitty and that is a pity,
all these new consoles make me a bit snippy.
Facebook integration just leads to more frustration,
with everything leading to one big conflagration.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Outstanding, good sirs
With your poetry skills
You are giving us all
The most elegant thrills.

Yeah, I'm not good at this. Still, love the new show.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
That was pretty awesome guys.

Oh and Escapist, the video description says it's prose. It isn't. Prose is by definition not poetry :) Verse was probably the word you should have used.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
This may be the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
I love seeing Yahtzee in another medium other than ZP and EP, just doesn't happen all that often.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
I....I'm in love.

Seriously, this is the best thing ever thought of.

Hope they're good at writing a lot of poetry though.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, about halfway though I was thinking "Gee Yahtzee, you charismatic stallion, maybe Sony isn't the best company to go to to buy a car. Nice that they're working with Microsoft to integrate Kinect into the steering while though." Anyway, congrats on making the only comparison of something video game related to a car that was actually enjoyable rather than blatantly stupid. Also, I guess this means PS Vita is also a motorcycle in addition to being a taco [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULYMzT9Z04].

And praise the sun for you, Jim, for there is never such a thing as too much bitching about always online DRM. Fuck always online DRM. Fuck Diablo 3, fuck SimCity, fuck Xbox 3 if it has it. I don't care how they try to justify it, I'm not having any of it. Also, nice hat.

...Speaking of hats, where's Yahtzee's sweet hat?