Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Tale of Two Poets

Zato-1

Mar 27, 2009
Yahtzee: Although I don't enjoy ZP or EP, I give this presentation a 10/10. It was marvelously done.
Jim: Although I greatly enjoy the Jimquisition, Yahtzee outclassed you pretty hard here. 5/10.

Nightvalien

Oct 18, 2010
I feel like the escapist has become an old school poetry bar, and it makes me feel awesome, wine is on me tonight folks.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Huh. After watching the videos from the last Expo, I assumed "casual disdain" to be about the extent of Yahtzee's range of emotional expression. Add "scathing mockery" to that list.

Well done, guys.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Umm... Wow.

I loved the poetry as much as the bowler Jim was wearing. It looks like there's another feature I'll be checking on in the future.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
Audio quality felt a bit off, and as fun as it is as a one-off, I can't really see this as having much longevity.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it for what it is, but honestly cannot see myself still watching the series in a month or two.

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Interesting...there's a good idea here, but I don't think it's quite there. Neither Yahtzee or Jim have really said anything they haven't on their own.

I'd be more interested in putting Jim and Yahtzee on the screen together and have them do game reviews. They'd be like a english accented Siskel & Ebert of videogames-they even have the right physical build.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
My mind is officially blown, if this becomes a regular slot then I've got the Spike Milligan shaped hole in my life at long last fulfilled.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I don't see the appeal to this show.

At least the first episode covered topics and issues already covered by Jim in his other show. Saying the same things you've already talked about in a different way really isn't enough to justify the shows existence.

This could be a fun one-off but hopefully future topics are more meaningful.

Fatheadicus

Mar 16, 2009
All this needs is one Gavin Dunne placing his two cents in and doing a critical review to make it an Escapist all-star trifecta.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I never got poetry, until today; It's a clever story written about stuff. But in order to get it, it has to be about stuff you like.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Although the rhymes were long distance I loved the setup and execution of Yatzee's. I seriously didn't see the reveal of the metaphor coming. Also his delivery was awesome.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
While both were good, I liked Yahtzee's more. Jim had more structure, but it was the asymmetry of Yahtzee's rhyme that did it for me. So...

WHO WON? WHO'S NEXT? YOU DECIDE!