Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: House on the Hill

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
Damnit Jim!!! Now I have your singing stuck in my head........ Yah jerk....

Yep not going away either.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Both were great this week.

Jim's one got that "tickling Ganondorf" bit stuck in my head, thanks.

PrimePowerOn

Nov 30, 2009
Clearly, I don't need to pile on with all of the Jim Love in these comments.....

But hell I will anyway. Mr. Quisition you've got all the signs of the Classics. All the way down to the English accent. Love it. And hell, who doesn't enjoy the thought of Ganondorf being tickled. His laugh is so....spirited.

Also, is it me or is the vid named after Yahtzee's poem way more prevalently? I demand justice! Or cupcakes! I'll be satisfied with Cupcakes at Expo.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
good job, Jim. Your poem was interesting and with a element of weird that made it better. I think you won this one.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Valderis said:
Fucking weird as usual I see Jim.

But hey, do you have a e-mail address I can reach you with, been looking all over for one but can't find one.
I have things to show and tell you that must never see the light of day. MWHAHAHAHA!!
It can't be that hard to find his email (or the email of jonathan holmes, which is the one you want for sending disturbing messages to jim) since he often says he gets emails from fans on the podcast.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Irridium said:
karma9308 said:
Don't worry Jim, I don't turn the video off after Yahtzee. Though I feel that watching says more about me than you.
Indeed. Though I am one of the shattered so it'd be weird for me to not watch Jim.
Same, although I find the lack of holmes in the poems disturbing.

Apr 28, 2008
qeinar said:
Irridium said:
karma9308 said:
Don't worry Jim, I don't turn the video off after Yahtzee. Though I feel that watching says more about me than you.
Indeed. Though I am one of the shattered so it'd be weird for me to not watch Jim.
Same, although I find the lack of holmes in the poems disturbing.
Perhaps the miltank is an allegory for Holmes?

Hm... we must investigate further!

Jenny Jones

Jun 10, 2013
Looming_Shadows said:
Am I SERIOUSLY the only one here who DOESN'T find this series to be a competition!? Frankly I, for one, love BOTH of Jim's AND Yahtzee's poems. Besides they don't even tackle the same subject, therefore comparing them would be comparing a banana and a Televison, two completely different things.
Agreed, it is not a competition. Both are good in different styles and this is very different (and more entertaining) to what we're usually served up on gaming websites =)

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Imp Emissary said:
hazydawn said:
Maybe it's because I'm tired but I didn't get either of those :/
Yahtzee's is about the Resident Evil games over time, I think, and Jim is just being Jim in Nintendo land. ;D
I think Yatzhee's talking about the Silent Hill games, then he ends it implying he'll move to Racoon City.

Also, what's so bad about Jim? Sure, he has a messed up head, but his poems are entertaining.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Two-A said:
Imp Emissary said:
hazydawn said:
Maybe it's because I'm tired but I didn't get either of those :/
Jim is just being Jim in Nintendo land. ;D

What's so bad about Jim? Sure, he has a messed up head, but his poems are entertaining.
:) There isn't anything at all bad about Jim.
0_0 He just kind of freaks me out sometimes. In an entertaining way.....Mostly...

Edit: That said, :) he has a rather lovely singing voice.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
1. At first I thought it was weird that Yahtzee said that his roommate screamed "METAPHOR!", one week after Jim said it.

2. I'll admit that I wasn't the biggest Jim Sterling fan, but now after watching his series I have really taking a liking to him. I hope he was just joking about feeling down over people only staying for Yahtzee's bit. EXPO is too far for me to bring him a plate of cookies.

Inferus Eques

Mar 30, 2013
Admit it Jim, your poem started out as a tongue twister! Hey, I always watch it all the way through. Jim is a smart guy when it comes to my beloved games industry. Thank god, for Jim!

BlueJoneleth

Feb 8, 2011
I don't know what to say so I just typed tickling Ganon on deviantart. :p

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/024/8/0/ganon_tickle_torture__chained_and_feathered_by_knightrayjack-d5slnww.jpg

fleischwolke

Feb 8, 2010
Another stellar contribution to the series, although Jim takes the prize this week in my opinion.

greyscarf

Sep 24, 2012
Duncan Belfast said:
Seems to me that Jim is eschewing the use metaphor as a tool to comment on the situation of games, in favour of writing video game-themed dadaist fetish poetry. I'm not sure if this means that he's stopped taking this seriously, finally found his niche, or both.
I think both, personally. I think "video game-themed dadaist fetish poetry" sums it up perfectly & only Jim can give me my fix. :)

Sergey Sund

May 20, 2012
Jim's bit was weirdly echoing with me, since Snowden just got asylum in Russia and the world wonders what kind of tit-for-tat deal he had to sign ....

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
It's not the people who don't listen to you... they don't matter. The ones who stick around make it worth it.
How much did Yahtzee blow on his teleprompter?