Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Straw Beast

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Legion said:
I see Yahtzee wanted to out-creep Jim this week, I liked that one a lot.
I think they just decided to swap. Jim's was topical (though less on the actual games than Yahtzee usually is) as well as Yahtzee being the adorable creeper.
DataSnake said:
So, was anyone else expecting Yahtzee to mention how similar Slendy is to the Tall Man from Chzo Mythos at some point?
Wasn't writing love letters on the wall in blood an oblong reference to do just that?

I haven't played the games, but internet references have led me to believe that's a thing related to the Tall Man and the series.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Yahtzee and Slenderman, a match made in Hell. Fantastic job on your poem, Ben.

Jim, you certainly channeled your inner troll with a hint of Scarecrow. Bravo, good sir.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I don't give a damn about slenderman. Good poem though, Yahtzee.

As for Jim, nicely done. I couldn't quite make out the last distorted line, but I got the gist of it. Honestly, I don't care about Anita at this point. The only reason I know her videos are still getting produced is that someone will always start a thread about it here. And then I shake my head slowly at the number of comments and proceed with what I was originally planning to do.

Jenny Jones

Jun 10, 2013
Great poems as usual, really look forward to Wednesdays because of this. I also like how both of you are trying new things with the camera and voice synthesiser to create new effects and enhance the emotion of the poems =)

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
That sound you heard was the roar of delighted laughter as I witnessed poetic genius.

Gentlemen, you are an inspiration to us all and fucking hilarious. Thank you for sharing.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
That was Yahtzee's best one yet.
And I lost it when he stuttered and did the "whatever a slender can" bit.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Saw Jim's poem, not sure who he was talking about, and then I went to the forum and figured that he was talking about (the community's reaction to) Sarkeesian and her ongoing series. And by community, I mean that one portion that (ahem) hastobeconstanlytoldtogostandinthecornerandthinkaboutwhattheyvedone.

empirialtank

Jan 22, 2010
always knew Yahtzee was a tentacle man.

This is what happens people when you don't thank God for Jim, the devil corrupts him and he sets out to destroy all video games. You have been warned people, you have been warned.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
SHIT! Whose idea was it to release the Halloween episode three months early?! Now we have nothing to do in October!

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
K.ur said:
Candle Jack?
Man, Slenderman turns down ha
I still don't get this whole Candle Jack thing.

OT: I have to say that while I enjoyed Yahtzee's poem, Jim stole the show with his modulated voice and whole Evil Mastermind vibe. I can only hope that this show continues to provide quality content for a lo

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
:D Very funny one Yahtzee, and just a bit creepy. Took a few tips from Jim's pomes?

As for you, Jim. That was AWESOME! Thank you, [sub]my master... ;D[/sub]

God this show is great!

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Legion said:
I see Yahtzee wanted to out-creep Jim this week, I liked that one a lot. Jim's though, was just pure brilliance. I loved the Evil Villain vibe and it flowed really well.

I think we need to take this to the next level and have poetry/rap battles or something.
:D Every episode is an epic poetic battle!

It's Jim and Yahtzee vs. the nightmare team of Boredom and Bullshit! ;D

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
If there was a theme for this week's episode, it was Eldritch Abominations (Hey, that's a Trope Name!). Yahtzee wrote a loving ode to one (possibly inspired by one of the games he made, I have to check that out) and it was almost as romantic as his ode to the Chest High Wall. Jim, speaking as I-don't-know-what, summed up the vitriol surrounding both sides of the "Tropes vs. Women" thing. Well, I understood half of what he said, I need some more clarification.
K.ur said:
Candle Jack?
Oh no, do NOT start up this whole "Candle Jack" thing again. It starts with just one per

Tanneseph

May 2, 2011
Does anyone have a transcript for The Straw Beast? I loved the voice modulation, but after a few re-listenings, I'm -still- missing key words that even tell me what side of the debate he's falling on. (Is it, "the debate itself is the problem?" I -think- so?)

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
BrownGaijin said:
Saw Jim's poem, not sure who he was talking about, and then I went to the forum and figured that he was talking about (the community's reaction to) Sarkeesian and her ongoing series. And by community, I mean that one portion that (ahem) hastobeconstanlytoldtogostandinthecornerandthinkaboutwhattheyvedone.
:)
"Has to be constantly told to go stand in the corner and think about what they've done."

Constantly indeed.
K.ur said:
Candle Jack?
Ah, Candle Jack.

Ya really got to love that old m
...................................................................................................................................................

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Tanneseph said:
Does anyone have a transcript for The Straw Beast? I loved the voice modulation, but after a few re-listenings, I'm -still- missing key words that even tell me what side of the debate he's falling on. (Is it, "the debate itself is the problem?" I -think- so?)
He's mocking the side who rabidly go after Anita, and think the only people who support her are mind controlled "white knights".

Jim is being the one who controls them for an evil plan, until at the end he says pretty much; "anyone who thinks there really is something like this going on, is crazy."

As for the transcripts? Hmmm....They really should add that to the video description, but then I guess that would ruin some of the surprise elements to the show.

Tanneseph

May 2, 2011
Imp Emissary said:
Tanneseph said:
He's mocking the side who rabidly go after Anita, and think the only people who support her are mind controlled "white knights".

Jim is being the one who controls them for an evil plan, until at the end he says pretty much; "anyone who thinks there really is something like this going on, is crazy."

As for the transcripts? Hmmm....They really should add that to the video description, but then I guess that would ruin some of the surprise elements to the show.
Thanks for the clarification. And yeah, I don't think transcripts are normally necessary, or even a good thing. Also, wanting a transcript is definitely not meant to be a slam against the vocal effects - they gave a fantastic layer, and most of Jim's delivery made full, sonorous use of it. When he picks up the tempo, though, it gets a bit hard to hear. The effects require careful spacing - which he delivered on for the vast majority of it.

(Yeah, I'm a music teacher. Sorry ;p)

ShadowHand25

Jul 12, 2010
Jim seems to be stepping up his game, maybe if could understand what he was saying I'd be more favorable, but at least it's better than his last couple of attempts...

"Tickling Ganondorf"?

"Miltank, Miltank"?