Jimquisition: Accountability

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Accountability

You are all so lucky to be able to watch these videos. This week, Sterling rants about videogame accounts and publishers' increasing demands for explicitly reaffirmed customer loyalty.

Watch Video

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
I demand no one else enter the Jim + contest, that deep Jimpressable kiss is totally mine.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Wow... Honestly, thank you Jim. You could not be any more right in this one specific instance.

/kudos

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
topwomble said:
I'm not goin to say first. Good vid
I think you may have failed. I see it in there.

I'm afraid I'm not being enlightened or humored by Jim. Thankfully, I'm not the only one who matters on the site.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Pretty good episode this week Jim. This is something that does not get a lot of attention, but is important nonetheless, so it is good to see someone talking about it. I am tired of having to create an account every 5 or so minutes if I just want to play a danged PC game...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, this is officially the first Jimquisition I've been able to watch through to the end.

And yeah, I agree, having to constantly sign up for stuff is a pain in the arse. The worst offenders I've encountered are EA Accounts and GFWL. They just make me jump through loops to get to the content I paid for. I get absolutely nothing out of it, and I don't really see how it benefits them either.

Actually, does anyone have an answer to that? What exactly do Microsoft get out of making me sign into GFWL to play Bulletstorm on PC?

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
holy shit, I actually agree with him on this part.

First: if console games are about picking up and playing, why is there so many steps? Patching, installing, accounts, subscriptions etc. It's turning into PC gaming, and I expect at some point that the publishers will force entering serial codes at some point.

Second: DRM, yes, treating us like criminals is not the best way to go about business

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Zhukov said:
Actually, does anyone have an answer to that? What exactly do Microsoft get out of making me sign into GFWL to play Bulletstorm on PC?
You know, I was going to answer you with a real answer, but my mind is drawing a blank. I don't think there's any benefit at all of signing into GFWL other than adding achievements to your Xbox gamer tag.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Welcome back Jim! I'm ignostic so instead of thanking God I'll join J+ in the hopes that you continue telling Galactus that this planet is inedible.

Great show as always. The memberships-upon-memberships is part of the reason I'm reverting back to older generations of consoles. Although I liked Dragon Age Origin, I can't play DA2 and access all of my downloaded content unless I'm online. With my trusty Gamecube, I can hunt down the 7 star shards within seconds of putting the disc into the console. I would be lying though if I said I didn't enjoy Xbox Live, especially for some matchmaking Reach and, TF2.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
A Jimquisition fridge magnet? Sign me up! I thought a club for this would be Jimpossible!

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
gCrusher said:
topwomble said:
I'm not goin to say first. Good vid
I think you may have failed. I see it in there.

I'm afraid I'm not being enlightened or humored by Jim. Thankfully, I'm not the only one who matters on the site.
Thank you for admitting what generally goes unnoticed.

The not being the only person to pander to, that is.

As for the video, good points and I agree. I'm not sure why it takes me longer to install and play a game now than it did 10 years ago :/.

Unless I missed it, which is possible, if this advert captcha just made me watch it to post...I'm gonna stick with facebook comments.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Must say I did not care for this series when it first started. But I have officially become a fan. The production has gotten better and better and I get a good laugh out of his bit.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
As much as I usually disagree with Jim, in this case he is completely and utterly right.

Why the hell should I have to get a games for windows live account when I bought and want to play my game on STEAM?!

This is just completely ridiculous and exponentially increases the amount of hoops I have to jump through to get somewhere if something goes wrong. Lets say I bought a PC game from Gamestop which uses steam, but which also requires games for windows live. If the CD key doesn't work, who am I supposed to contact to get it fixed? Each person passes the buck to someone else and I'm left with a useless broken game.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Is there a way I can pay money to make sure I don't win the kissing contest with him?