Jimquisition: Defending Call of Duty

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
Ah this is the first video I've seen that I don't agree with. Jim made a lot of really good points, but I hate Call of Duty and I have a few reasons why.

Most of the praise the games gets are for its multiplayer, however the game is marketed as a single player game. Everyone was telling how good the game was so when spent about $60 to get it and that was the cheapest price I could find it at. I live in Australia and most games here including COD are about $100 each.

So anyway, I found the single player to be very boring and liner. Not that there?s anything wrong with a game being liner but in COD I could really feel it. Any attempt to play the game my way relisted in death. I had to play it its way or die. As a result I found the game to be very shallow, and since I don?t play games online, I felt ripped off. This was Modem Warfare 1 that I played and thought it was rubbish.

Onto copy cat publishers: well yes you can?t blame infinity ward for everyone trying to copy them but you can blame a little of it on the people who buy call of Duty. See publishers will always copy the biggest selling game and will continue to do so as long as it continues to make money. If people simply didn?t copy copy cat games that offer more of the same then there?d be more game like Time Splitters.

Time Splitters is one of my all time favorite game, and the lead designer as said that there will never be a Time Splitters 4 because publishers are only interested is game like COD and not quiky FPS that do things a little differently. So yeah I hate COD I hate how popular it is and how it continues to make money through simply copying and pasting. I hate the fact that it?s so expensive and has nothing to offer a single player. I feel if COD was never made that FPS would be better. I find myself owning a powerful PC and using it to play old shooters from the 90s.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/free-radical-founder-pretty-much-every-fps-loses-money

http://www.edge-online.com/features/free-radicals-founder-leaving-fps-behind

BloodRedWidow

Nov 24, 2011
I get the fact why COD is popular, but I'm telling the truth when I say I've been on online COD games and spat on, insulted, being called a whore etc etc was a regular thing. For me, my experience of COD kiddies are real, therefore, they are. I strongly disagree Jim's explanation of them. Sure there are noobs. Sure there are nice, normal people. But norms become norms because they occur with such regularity that they change the face and reputation of a game.