Jimquisition: Dragon's Frown

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Dragon's Frown

Oh yes, it's another video about reviews and things. Not quite the usual flavor, but certainly something that cannot be repeated enough.

Watch Video

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
That was the best use of a Face hugger plushie in the history of the Internet. 10/10. Video games are done.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So Jim, every time you mention Dynasty warriors 8 we get Zhang he on screen fighting against the yellow Turbans. Is he your favourite character?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The facehugger attacks once again. Jim, I fear that you never may escape Aliens: Colonial Marines.
... ever.
(Loved your Lets Play of the DLC by the way. :3)

*ahem*

Now onto the topic at hand. It does feel that the gaming community is spoiled (In my opinion), games as you said that people complain and demand a '10/10' (Whatever 10/10 is these days. It feels like 10/10 should be impossible to achieve). It is annoying that the single bad review is gaining all of the press now instead of the praise.

Now in my opinion, the character design is the thing that turns me off this game. Call it satire, parody of how we portray gaming/RPG characters but ...

DVS BSTrD said:
As unpleasant as it may be we're just going to have to accept the fact that cups of D just aren't everybody's cup of T.
As this guy says ... big bosoms are not not my thing.
BUT WAIT. I can just choose another character, the elf right?
Yeah true.

I guess I can't make my final opinion up until I played the damn game.
So I remain neutral on the subject.

Basically ... I agree with what you said.

Also I think "The Last of Us" deserves a seven.
[sub][sub]Just to troll people, I actually haven't played the game so once more I remain neutral on it.[/sub][/sub]

EDIT: I also feel like I should play Dynasty Warriors 8 and try to see what Jim sees in it.
Who knows, it might revive my love for the series. :D

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Hades said:
So Jim, every time you mention Dynasty warriors 8 we get Zhang he on screen fighting against the yellow Turbans. Is he your favourite character?
He is.

I also captured over an hour of DW8 footage for Destructoid's video review and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna squeeze my money's worth out of it every time I mention the game.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
"I CAN'T CALM DOWN!!! A reviewer didn't give the score i wanted them to give which is based on their personal opinion. How is that possible! It can't be that he scored it only a passing grade rather than a full showering of praise because after all I liked the game!

I have to quickly question his credentials, sexuality, size of his penis and his overall intelligence so as to protect the game I like from his obviously wrong opinion about it."

That's about the breast you can expect from the masses of tits that call themselves fans. The mere mammary of how people reacted in the past when a reviewer busts out a score lower than they expected is just pathetic. Better to nip this in the bud and jug along just ignoring them.

This game has huge boobs in it.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
Wait... This was actually a thing? People actually got bent out of shape enough over a single review, and do so on a regular enough basis, that Jim felt he should do an episode about this? ... Fantastic.

Mulberry

Aug 25, 2011
So... the game scored 6.5/10, or 65%, in one review. It scored more than half marks. And this is a *bad* thing?

This is why numerical quantification of a subjective opinion is useless.

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
Might just be me, but I always feel better if there is negative criticism about something, or rather, two or multiple sides to something.

I don't know how to explain it but I always get a weird feeling if something is highly loved by every single person.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
shirkbot said:
Wait... This was actually a thing? People actually got bent out of shape enough over a single review, and do so on a regular enough basis, that Jim felt he should do an episode about this? ... Fantastic.
OOOOOH yes. In fact, it happens so much it has its own page on TVTropes that details each and every time it happens. Read more about it here. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightPointEight

j1015

Sep 6, 2012
We're unlikely to have real respect as a group because too many of us refuse to grow up or at the very least act childish too often. I respect your efforts Jim and hope they have some effect.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
shirkbot said:
Yes what an odd world we live in that if someone doesn't agree with you on something, they feel offended and dedicate all their time to explaining why you should agree with their opinion.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
So Jim, every time you mention Dynasty warriors 8 we get Zhang he on screen fighting against the yellow Turbans. Is he your favorite character?
you don't listen to podtoid do you?

also I'm sure I'll love Dragon's Crown but I will not stop requesting for Freaky Constantina as a DLC add on... YEAH YEAH!
now being "serious" people seem to be complaining for this one review but like Jim said I don't see how this affect us, us being the consumers who were already committed to buying the game and letting our wallets speak of our support regardless of reviews. If anything this review would only affect those people that were on the fence about buying the game and in today's world you have to be more than stupid to base your decisions in just 1 review

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
Mulberry said:
So... the game scored 6.5/10, or 65%, in one review. It scored more than half marks. And this is a *bad* thing?

This is why numerical quantification of a subjective opinion is useless.
Actually, I miss the old system EGM used several years ago where they had 3 reviewers giving numeric scores and the review itself was basically just all 3 talking to each other. It was actually pretty thorough, and you could always see where everyone was coming from.

Chessrook44 said:
OOOOOH yes. In fact, it happens so much it has its own page on TVTropes that details each and every time it happens. Read more about it here. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightPointEight
You know, I don't have much faith in humanity left, and things like this chip away at the remainder a little more every day. I hate the internet. Almost as much as I love TVTropes.