Jimquisition: Fake Nerd Girls

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
GunsmithKitten said:
Fluoxetine said:
The fact that so many of you are raging against my point proves it even further. If I'm not the "gatekeeper for all gaming" or whatever, then why are you all arguing and trying to gain my validation?
Because you're claiming it as an objective standard.

If you are all so confident in your resumes (which btw do not include Dark Souls)
then you should be able to laugh at me and move on instead getting progressively angrier.
I'm one of those strange people, you see, that actually gets insulted when people insult me. It's a personal hang up, I know.

I AM confident in my resume. That's why I'm saying here and now that I'll compare mine to yours any day.

Oh, does your resume include knowing how to defeat the final boss in Bane of the Cosmic Forge?
OOOOHHHHH that burn be going in deep. Well played madame gunsmith well played.

edit: Id bet bottom dollar hes looking up how to beat that boss.lol

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Therumancer said:
Nope, I got the point here entirely. The "Hot Nerd Girl" pretty much does not exist, or exists in such small quantities as to be irrelevent, and warrent justified suspician any time it shows up, because pretty much anyone who fits that description is there for purposes of manipulation... period.

Likewise, the thing is that someone who is physically attractive is going to have people give them a chance no matter what their social skills happen to be. Hot girls can generally get away with being totally maladjusted B@tches if they want to, and still have people orbiting around them. A real nerd doesn't have those kinds of options or oppertunities, which is part of what makes them nerds. A nerd is an outcast that by definition nobody in society wants to deal with or really give a chance. An attractive girl generally cannot truely be a social outcast to this degree to be a real nerd. The options, and potential for acceptance, generally prohibit it.

Whether you, or Jim, agree with me or not is more or less irrelevent. The bottom line is these nerd girls are not being accepted by the rest of "the nerd herd" so to speak, the fact speaks for itself. I've explained, in detail no less, why this is, you can cry to the heavens about how it's wrong and unfair all you want but that won't change anything. It's also why mis-informed appeals like those of Jim Sterling are almost surely doomed for failure. Those that have been exploited or know those who have been are of course going to ignore him. Those that haven't been and listen will generally agree with him about as long as it takes for them to eventually be screwed.
I can see that there's no reason discussing this. Your entire foundation of this is built on stereotypes revolving around both nerds and girls. A nerd can't be attractive, hot girls get away with anything. It's all a pile of generalizations.

You're also discussing an entirely different topic than what we are refusing to admit the fact.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Oh god is this annoying.

I have a friend who feels the need to ***** about every girl in a video game t-shirt he sees. "They probably don't even know what that is!" It's fucking mario you twat. Who doesn't know who mario is?

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
GunsmithKitten said:
rbstewart7263 said:
GunsmithKitten said:
Fluoxetine said:
The fact that so many of you are raging against my point proves it even further. If I'm not the "gatekeeper for all gaming" or whatever, then why are you all arguing and trying to gain my validation?
Because you're claiming it as an objective standard.

If you are all so confident in your resumes (which btw do not include Dark Souls)
then you should be able to laugh at me and move on instead getting progressively angrier.
I'm one of those strange people, you see, that actually gets insulted when people insult me. It's a personal hang up, I know.

I AM confident in my resume. That's why I'm saying here and now that I'll compare mine to yours any day.

Oh, does your resume include knowing how to defeat the final boss in Bane of the Cosmic Forge?
OOOOHHHHH that burn be going in deep. Well played madame gunsmith well played.

edit: Id bet bottom dollar hes looking up how to beat that boss.lol
Glad someone was able to C Wut I Did Thar. Kudos back to you, fellow Wizardry fan.

But he's right about one thing; I AM wasting time trying to validate myself to a punk like him. If he's raw about it, he can PM me and demand some info and we'll settle this in a Quake map. Till then, I really have no desire to hear from him ever again.
I never got to play wizardry but I have dark souls and arcanum under my belt so Im quite proud all the same.(needs to get another copy of arcanum.)

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
longboardfan said:
Fake gamer girls are trying to change the way people play games and alter the mentality of gamers and publishers so that they can "Feel Safe (tm)." They exploit male gamers by pretending to be interested in their hobbies while at the same time stifling the culture. Lets all be Politically Correct, there might be a female listening! Its demeaning to men and very demeaning to women. Especially the ones that actually play games.
I find it strange that some people think demeaning each other online is somehow culture.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Fluoxetine said:
The fact that so many of you are raging against my point proves it even further.
it proves that everything your saying is (as we say here) "pants on head..." (and I'm not saying the other word)
[quote/]If I'm not the "gatekeeper for all gaming" or whatever, then why are you all arguing and trying to gain my validation? If you are all so confident in your resumes (which btw do not include Dark Souls), then you should be able to laugh at me and move on instead getting progressively angrier.[/quote]
we are arguing because when people say incredidbly stupid things we sotimes get insulted and feel the need to point out how wrong they are....its a kind of addictive machoism thing
[quote/]And for the white knights who also didn't play Dark Souls and somehow want to inject their members into my argument [/quote]
a common tactic used by sexist [words I won't use] "anyone who disagrees with me is a white knght" <- hahahaha yeah no..

do you understnad that there are a fair number of peopel who havnt played your precious little dark souls because maybe
1.they arent interested
2.they would rather not spend the required hours
3. they dont have a console and would liek to pass on the PC port

[quote/](which is already proven btw) I draw the following conclusion with equal assurance as I did my previous one:

You are very, very young.[/quote]
...........dark sould came out last year?

the fuck are you talking about?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Yopaz said:
Therumancer said:
Nope, I got the point here entirely. The "Hot Nerd Girl" pretty much does not exist, or exists in such small quantities as to be irrelevent, and warrent justified suspician any time it shows up, because pretty much anyone who fits that description is there for purposes of manipulation... period.

Likewise, the thing is that someone who is physically attractive is going to have people give them a chance no matter what their social skills happen to be. Hot girls can generally get away with being totally maladjusted B@tches if they want to, and still have people orbiting around them. A real nerd doesn't have those kinds of options or oppertunities, which is part of what makes them nerds. A nerd is an outcast that by definition nobody in society wants to deal with or really give a chance. An attractive girl generally cannot truely be a social outcast to this degree to be a real nerd. The options, and potential for acceptance, generally prohibit it.

Whether you, or Jim, agree with me or not is more or less irrelevent. The bottom line is these nerd girls are not being accepted by the rest of "the nerd herd" so to speak, the fact speaks for itself. I've explained, in detail no less, why this is, you can cry to the heavens about how it's wrong and unfair all you want but that won't change anything. It's also why mis-informed appeals like those of Jim Sterling are almost surely doomed for failure. Those that have been exploited or know those who have been are of course going to ignore him. Those that haven't been and listen will generally agree with him about as long as it takes for them to eventually be screwed.
I can see that there's no reason discussing this. Your entire foundation of this is built on stereotypes revolving around both nerds and girls. A nerd can't be attractive, hot girls get away with anything. It's all a pile of generalizations.

You're also discussing an entirely different topic than what we are refusing to admit the fact.
No, I'm not, you just don't want to admit that your wrong.

A "nerd" refers to a certain type of person, a stereotype yes, but like most stereotypes it exists and is accurate. The root of sociology in fact (everyone conforms to at least one stereotype, and usually more than one). In this case if your socially accepted your not a "nerd" because a nerd is by definition a social reject... period, full stop, no debate, that's it. You can have some of the same interests AS a nerd and fit into another group, but that doesn't make you a nerd.

The reason why we're going to have to agree to disagree, has little to do with me or my interpetation, but with yours, and an unwillingness to simply accept that your wrong. By your logic we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with. Things don't just happen in a vaccum, the nerds didn't just decide to treat the so called "hot nerd girls" this way for no reason at all, which is the basic arguement you and Jim seem to be making, and that's fundementally ridiculous. I've explained the reasons for it. It would be nice if things were differant, but the issues here are ones that come down to such fundemental human behaviors that they aren't going to be settled by rational discourse. It would be nice if nobody was a nerd/social reject, dealing with the problem, or that hot girls didn't exploit those demographics (or try to) with great frequency, but sadly, that isn't the way the world is. This entire problem is simply reality being well... reality.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
GunsmithKitten said:
DigitalSushi said:
longboardfan said:
Fake gamer girls are trying to change the way people play games and alter the mentality of gamers and publishers so that they can "Feel Safe (tm)." They exploit male gamers by pretending to be interested in their hobbies while at the same time stifling the culture. Lets all be Politically Correct, there might be a female listening! Its demeaning to men and very demeaning to women. Especially the ones that actually play games.
I find it strange that some people think demeaning each other online is somehow culture.
Or at least is a part of the culture worth keeping and has some sort of value worth fighting for.
On topic what I want to know is about these "fake nerd girls", does it only apply to the really really hot girls?, or do ugly girls stealth their way into gaming conventions while no one questions them?

I think we should be equally suspicious of ugly people as we are to beautiful people, I'm a big proponent of equal rights you see.

Against - Prejudice!
For - Equal rights!
VOTE FOR ME!

Also for anyone reading with doubts,
Here's a handy questionnaire if you think your girlfriend is faking her nerdgasm's;
"Whats your fav Mario game?"
if the answer is "Super Mario Sunshine" then FAKE NERD GIRL
"Who is your hero?"
if the answer is anyone other than Gary Gygax or Gunpei Yokoi then FAKE NERD GIRL
"When did your parents cancel your subscription to Nintendo Power?"
if she replies, "Nintendo what?", I don't care how much you love her, you get that mainstream girl out your life this instance!