Jimquisition: Five Scary Games For Halloween Probably

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I wonder what kind of laws Jim Crow would make?

Always kinda felt sorry for Home. Everyone stopped talking about it when Lone Survivor came out.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
ExiledCreature said:
"But actually I'm all about ethics in games journalism"

I was waiting for that, lol.
The fact that had to be said out loud is what's really scary.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
You know, it's funny, but Jim's voice is actually a dead ringer for the joker at the start of the video. Studios should take note should Mark Hamill ever take a holiday.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Kudos for putting the Lone Survivor theme in the background for almost the entire video. It's my favorite video game music track by far, and one of my fav music tracks of all time, brilliant stuff. The game is also great, although it becomes much less scary, when you find out that once killed, the monsters are actually staying dead (yes, I got the Blue ending, how did you guess?).

Cpt. Slow

Great news everybody!
Dec 9, 2012
Gee, Scarecrow. You've had it rough since Batman: Arkham Asylum. Maybe you should drop a couple? Okay that was mean. But as usual, Halloween is a thing here in my part of Yurp which doesn't garner that much attention. Because: 'too American'.

The people here usually go to a small party or just go binge watching Halloween style films. No trick or treating kids here (thank the flying Spaghetti monster for that). And scary games to me are like scary films... it just doesn't do it for me.

Oh and there is a Halloween style event going on at my job where they ask people to dress up and walk around the entire day at the office with a Halloween outfit. Imagine the fun if you will.

So thanks for the suggestion on scary games, Jim. But I'll take a pass. And like you, pass out instead (probably).

Lightknight said:
You know, it's funny, but Jim's voice is actually a dead ringer for the joker at the start of the video. Studios should take note should Mark Hamill ever take a holiday.
Pssst. http://comicsalliance.com/mark-hamill-retires-the-joker-arkham-city/

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Here's a few of my not-quite-as-popular horror game suggestions.

Siren:

Want to know what most of the Silent Hill guys did later on? This was that game. "Sight-jacking" lets you see through the eyes of the monsters, and nothing creeps you out more than "seeing" them stalk you, drawing closer to where you're hiding...

Clive Barker's Undying:

While the Clive Barker name has been attached to a lot of junk games (looking at you "Jericho"), Undying is legitimately creepy, atmospheric, and severed screwed up in the best ways. It's a little dated, but well worth the asking price at GoG.

Haunting Ground/Demento:

Very similar to the original Clock Towers, this is basically ICO meets survival horror. It's eerie, often obtuse, and frequently frustrating... but definitely worth checking out for fans of the genre.

Cold Fear:

Everyone who played Resident Evil 4, and then was letdown by how unscary Resident Evil 5 was, should try this game out. It was a very obviously copy of RE4, but that's the point... it was a better RE4 experience than RE5 or RE6 were, with better atmosphere, monsters, and scares to go along with it. Really underrated.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Cpt. Slow said:
Lightknight said:
JIM!!! Jump on it man, time to have your voice in a couple AAA titles.

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
I think being forced to play Star Wars Kinect for 5 hours would be far more horrifying.

Also, nice completely unnecessary jab at the end Jim. Ethics in game journalism isn't going to fix itself by being sarcastic about it.

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
Cpt. Slow said:
Lightknight said:
Yeah, Mark Hamill has retired as the Joker like three times now. I do think he's serious this time though, sadly.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'm not sure if that punishment is indeed worse than making bittersweet love to Aliens: Colonial Marines.

And I will agree on ZombiU, it's fucking great even if the last hour and a half can go dive into that barrel full of acid from the clip (and there I was thinking he would light them on fire, that death was horrifying).

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Thanatos2k said:
Cpt. Slow said:
Lightknight said:
Yeah, Mark Hamill has retired as the Joker like three times now. I do think he's serious this time though, sadly.
Depends on the paycheck, probably.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Thanatos2k said:
Cpt. Slow said:
Lightknight said:
Least we have him as Skips in Regular show. And its Halloween special is this week. Hamill usually does the voices of the villians in those.

Also I think he still does Joker but only in non canon stuff (like Robot Chicken).

Cpt. Slow

Great news everybody!
Dec 9, 2012
Thanatos2k said:
Well, there are enough talented voice actors to take up the mantle so it's sad, but it's not the end of the world.

Lightknight said:
Nah, he retired because he was afraid the voice acting gig would ruin his voice. Because talking that all the time like the Joker isn't really healthy for anyone's voice to be honest.

Nuxxy

Feb 3, 2011
Aliens Infestation. First time seeing it. Looks like an another version of Abuse [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abuse_(video_game)], just 5 years later. Abuse gave me plenty of jump scares.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Lightknight said:
Thanatos2k said:
Cpt. Slow said:
Lightknight said:
Or the gig. He did say he'd come back if they ever made an animated version of The Killing Joke, so he must be a big fan.

Guy from the 80's

Mar 7, 2012
Please : Either turn the background music off or turn up the volume in your videos Jim. When it is as low as it is, you can hear what it is and thus it only becomes distracting. Other than that, thank god for Jim.

Xyebane

Disembodied Floating Skull
Feb 28, 2009
Does anyone else think that Jim looks like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man with his scarecrow mask? He just seems like the most harmless thing. Something that could never destroy us.